Using the two competing brands (Nike And Adidas) do the necessary research and answer the following questions.
NOTE: Answers to individual questions should not exceed 800 words. Clear and concise answers are encouraged. Include references used.
Question 1 (20 marks)
What is (are) the primary target market(s) of each of these two brands? When possible, provide two target markets per brand (a detailed description that can help a marketing professional to identify and properly serve each of these target markets is required). Referring to Figure 7.2 on Page 253 of the textbook, which targeting strategy each of these brands is using?
- 5 marks for target market identification and description for each brand (2 x 5 = 10 marks)
- 5 marks per relevant targeting strategy per brand and explanation (2 x 5 = 10 marks)
Question 2 (20 marks)
At which stage of the product life cycle curve is the product category of these two brands? Explain your answer with any available data and provide details about how long this product category has been in the market, the number of competitors, and the type of marketing strategies the competitors are undertaking to remain competitive.
- 10 marks for stage identification
- 10 marks for a relevant explanation
Question 3 (24 marks)
Companies generally base their positioning either on product attributes, product benefits, or beliefs and values. How is each of these two brands positioned? Which brand’s positioning is more effective? Explain your answer.
- 6 marks for each brand positioning identification ( 2x 6 = 12 marks)
- 12 marks for a relevant explanation
Question 4 (36 marks)
Give an overview of the pricing, marketing communications, and distribution strategies of each of the two brands. What would you keep or change in these three domains to better serve what you believe to be the target market (as per your answer to Question 1) of each of these two brands and to strengthen their competitive position in the market? Explain your answer.
- 3 marks for the description of each of the three marketing mix elements per brand (2 x 3x 3 = 18 marks)
- 3 marks for the explanation of the decision about each of the three elements and per brand (2 x 3x 3 = 18 marks)