You are to write a report and create a “sales presentation” using the sales process (10 steps listed below) learned in this course.
Apply the sales techniques highlighted in the e-book (Connect McGraw Hill) to enhance your overall sales presentation – your goal is to close the deal based on the scenario you choose which is provided on the next page (page 2).
You are provided with a total of THREE scenarios, you only need to choose ONE scenario in which you will use to develop your sales presentation for your report.
The scenarios are frameworks only, you have flexibility and choice to decide what product(s)/services/facilities to promote to your potential client based on the one scenario that you choose (as long as they are relevant to the scenario that you choose).
Be sure to customize your presentation in your report so it is relevant to the scenario you have chosen.
A friendly reminder of the 10 steps of the sales process:
1. Prospecting 6. Objections
2. Pre-approach 7. Meeting Objectives
3. Approach 8. Trial Close #2
4. Presentation 9. Close
5. Trial Close #1 10. Follow up and Service
Scenarios (PLEASE ONLY CHOOSE ONE):
1. You are a Sales Manager at “AAA International Hotel”. The hotel is recognized as one of the 2019 Top Hotels in Canada. Also known as historical luxury hotel in downtown Toronto. Recently, a multi-million dollar guestroom and function room revitalization project has been completed. You are promoting hotel products/services/facilities to PepsiCo Company (or a company of your choice) a potential client (a corporate client) who is currently using another hotel located 5km from your hotel. PepsiCo has up to 1,000 room nights per year in the downtown Toronto market and currently you are only receiving 80 room nights per year. The travelers that stay at your hotel and in the market are mainly business travelers. You have secured an appointment with PepsiCo and are preparing for a presentation which you will do at the PepsiCo head office located in Mississauga. In order to increase your market share of their business, you will be presenting to the following employees:
a. Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Sales – detailed, outgoing personality, efficient
b. Vice President of Sales – big picture person, likes to speak, wants to see value and benefits
c. Director of Finance – detailed, wants to see the bottom line of costs, not very communicative
2. You are an Event Planner at DKN Event Management Company Limited. The company has a reputation for promoting international events as well as promoting Canada as a preferred travel destination in the global market. The incredible geographical variety of Canada makes it as a significant tourist attractor. The large cities are known for their culture, diversity, as well as many national parks and historic sites. You are about to promote an event for a client which is an American Association based in Washington, D.C. – the Association of American Medical Colleges who rotates their large international event outside of the United States every four years. You are proposing Toronto as the destination to host their 6,000person event, which will be for four days. You are presenting to the Board of Directors which includes:
a. Executive Assistant – supports the CEO, detailed, you need to build her trust
b. CEO – Asks lots of questions, direct in communication
3. You are an Owner of the XYZ Restaurant Chain. The XYZ Restaurant Chain is renowned for its premium quality of steak and other F&B offerings. It operates more than 100 outlets across Canada. All venues are easy access with decent space to accommodate needs for daily dinning, family gathering or special gathering. You are opening up a new restaurant location in downtown Toronto and are looking to create a partnership with the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) which is located within a 3km walking distance from where you will be opening up your new restaurant location. Also located near by to your new restaurant location, there is another hotel which has a restaurant which is located within a 2km walking distance from the Convention Centre and has been a partner for 15 years. You will be meeting with the Director of Marketing and Sponsorships at the Convention Centre to discuss a long-term partnership with your opening restaurant.