- Outline the scope of and the steps involved in the marketing planning process
- Determine the appropriate pricing strategy to implement taking into account perceived value, Competitive pressures and company objectives.
- Identify marketing-related technology applications that can be used to support marketing plan goals
- Identify and assess the various aspects of a business environment, both domestic and global
- Assess market opportunities by analyzing customer needs as well as competitive offerings in the markets potentially available to a firm
- Generate strategic options that are based on sustainable competitive advantages and are responsive to potential changes faced by a business
- Analyze a business problem/opportunity, developing several possible courses of action and recommending one or several of them Develop a marketing strategy for a firm that is based on specific objectives, and the budget and course of action required for implementation
For this assignment you are a group that forms the Marketing Department of a company operating in Canada (the company can be Canadian or International, but the market must be in Canada). This assignment is based on the first Group Assignment (Report) in this class.
In this part, you need to develop a Marketing Presentation (PowerPoint) covering the below points:
Part 1: (This part will be imported from your Report prepared earlier)
- Introduction (Max 1 Slide)
- Product Definition (Max 1 Slide)
- SWOT Analysis for the new product (Max 1 Slide)
- Marketing Objective and Marketing Strategy for New Product (Max 3 Slides)
Part 2: (Will be completed in the second half of the term)
- Product Strategy for the new product (Max 3 Slides)
- Pricing Strategy for the new product (Max 3 Slides)
- Distribution Strategy for the new product (Max 3 Slides)
- Promotion Strategy for the new product (Max 3 Slides)
The assignment will be submitted in a PowerPoint document not more than 19 slides, uploaded by Group Admin to Moodle.
- This assignment is to be completed in groups.
- The cover slide must include the
- Students’ names and ID’s (Arranged Alphabetically)
- Name of the Assignment
Students are reminded to format their assignment template with a cover page, page numbering, and header including program title, course title, student names, and submission date.
- Assignments will be reviewed based on an 80/20 scheme: 20% could be reduced due to flaws in composition/editing/spelling/grammar/missing APA/etc.
- The assignment must be original and written by the students. Plagiarism and/or cheating offenses will be reported as per policies and procedures in place.
- It is expected that students review their assignments for spelling, grammar, and punctuation before submission the file for marking. Upon review of the assignments, the instructor will determine whether deficiencies in the assignment will justify not applying the full mark. Examples of deficiencies are: not following the assignment format guidelines, spelling errors, lack of punctuation or incorrect punctuation, grammar, applicable references not listed properly or other forms of plagiarism.
i) Ensure that you are clear about the instructions and expectations for the assignment.
ii) Ensure you understand the concepts focused by the assignment (and provided in the course materials).
iii) Before you start composing your assignment, you may want to prepare an outline mapping out all the information you collected and how it fits in the assignment topics (and structure) you must cover.
i) Estimate how much time you plan to allocate to planning, drafting, and revising your assignment.
ii) In the planning phase, you may want to have a time interval between collecting and triaging information. This will ensure you will not rush in using information that may not be useful, or using it solely due to time constraints as opposed to the worth of its content.
In addition to following the instructions, please ensure to spell check your assignment, check format, and the final visual appearance of your document.