Broadcom is one of the leading companies in the industry. It maintains its position in the market. It is achieved by critically analyzing and reviewing the status of the company. The company has superb performance in the new markets. It has a strong dealer community, reliable distribution network, good returns on capital expenditure, reliable supplier of raw materials, automation of activities, and strong free cash flow (Fern Fort University 2022b). The opportunities that increase the scope of Broadcom in the industry are a lower rate of inflation, new taxation policy, new environmental policies, opening up new markets the because of the government's agreement, and usage of new technologies.
Broadcom delivers a range of wireless solutions for network infrastructure and mobile handset markets. The highly differentiated solution of Broadcom addresses the significant challenges that are related with technical context (Fern Fort University 2022a). The smartphone solution of the Broadcom delvers mobile wireless solutions that are cutting edge and enable the most famous handset manufacturer in the world to enrich the experience of the smartphone user. Broadcom offers the WiFi 6 portfolio and Wi Fi6E SoC solutions for the application of the set top box, mobile and access point.
a) Business Level Strategies
There are various business-level strategies of the company. The Business model of Broadcom focuses on the customers providing multiple solutions to the customers to improve the sustainability and growth of the revenue. Product portfolio across infrastructure and security software serves 80% of the Fortune 500 and enhances customer collaboration. The company's customers constitute approximately 70% of the recurring revenue annually. 80% of customers are licensed to five or more software solutions. Broadcom has a solid regular revenue base (Broadcom 2022b). It generates around $5.2 billion in annual recurring revenue. Subscriptions have elevated by 25% in the last three quarters. Broadcom has improved average deal duration by elevating multiyear bookings and the number of deals to strengthen the company's visibility. The number of sales represents more significant than $1 million of booking value annually. Another primary business-level strategy of the company is a successful history of collaborating the businesses and acquiring companies with mission-critical products.
b) Corporate Level Strategies
Corporate-level strategies of Broadcom are essential to improve the company's status in the industry. Broadcom's corporate-level approach focuses on the 600 customers who struggle to change the suppliers, marketing costs, and lower sales via concentrating on the small pool (Broadcom 2022a). It is a global technology leader that designs, develops and supplies a range of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. Broadcom supports the markets via its corporate-level strategies, including data centres, enterprise software, wireless, industrial, networking, broadband, and storage.
Competitive Analysis And Advantage In The Industry
Broadcom's massive scale and financial success permit it to invest in building future products. The company spent a significant amount on research and development over the last 12 months, which was approximately $4 billion. The amount of investment has increased as it has developed the portfolio and invested further in the businesses. The research and development organization of the company is putting its best effort into improving the status of the organization. Broadcom has an excellent management strategy (Fern Fort University 2022b). It has a core strategy of acquiring, integrating and developing best-in-breed technology franchises. Broadcom has a deep relationship with its customers. The company accurately assesses the customer's requirements and provides products that will meet the customers' needs effectively.
SWOT analysis will assist the company in analyzing its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. The company's strengths are a diversified portfolio of the business comprising integrated circuits, mobile communications, Bluetooth, wireless networks, processors and others. The company has a strong focus on research and development and innovation. Other strengths of the company are strong management and culture, improvement of the company's reputation via the acquisition of various companies, and many foreign patents and applications (Fern Fort University 2022b). Weaknesses are the attributes in which the competitors are better than Broadcom. The company's major weaknesses are higher dependence on the US market, lower rate of revenue from Asian countries, and poor growth of the income of the industrial segment. The opportunities of Broadcom are growth in the digital TV segment, improved popularity of the 5G technology and mobile devices, and development of the aviation industry. The threat of Broadcom limits the business of the company. The threats are intense competition, increased exposure of the company to the financial market, and the slowdown of the world economy.
The political factors that have an impact on the organization are the importance of semiconductors and political stability, risk of invasion of the military, increased level of corruption, the legal framework for contract enforcement, protection of intellectual property, regulation of trade and tariffs that are related with technology, antitrust laws, taxation, wage legislation, industrial safety regulation in the sector of technology (Fern Fort University 2022a). Some economic factors have impacts on Broadcom, like the type of economic system, interventions of the government in the free market and related technology, rate of exchange and currency of the host country, efficiency of the financial market, infrastructure quality in semiconductor, the comparative advantage of the host country and advantage of the technological sector. Other economic factors are the level of skill of the workforce in the semiconductor industry, level of education in the economy, costs of labour and productivity in the economy, stage of the business cycle, rate of growth of the economy, discretionary income, rate of inflation, rate of interest and others. Social factors of Broadcom are the level of skill and demographics of the target population, level of education, power structure and hierarchy of the company in the society, culture, attitudes, and leisure interest of the people in the community (Fern Fort University 2022a). Technological factors have an immense impact on the status of the company; these factors are the technical development of the competitors of Broadcom, the effect of technology on the offering of the products, the cost structure of the semiconductors, technological diffusion rate, and impact of the value chain structure in the sector of technology. Environmental factors impacting Broadcom are climate change, laws regulating pollution in the environment, water and air pollution regulation in the semiconductor industry, management of waste in the technology sector, recycling and others. Various legal factors that impact the company are antitrust law in the country, consumer protection and e-commerce, employment law, the law of discrimination and others.
Target Market Analysis of Broadcom
- Demographic Characteristics of Market: The demographic characteristics of the market of Broadcom are diverse
- Psychological Characteristics of the market: Improved experience regarding mobile handset and network infrastructure wireless solutions.
- Behaviours of the target market: The behaviour of the target market of the company is increased demand for wireless mobile handsets and improved services (Broadcom 2022b).
- Strategies appealing to the market: Promotional packages are used for advertising goods and services. The designs that appeal to the market are social media marketing, mobile apps and others.
Marketing Mix of Broadcom
- Product Strategy: It is the new approach to delivering the software. From commitment to the success of the customer, Broadcom uses a customer engagement model that is unique in the industry.
- Pricing Strategy: The pricing strategy of the company is such that it improves the accessibility and affordability of the products of the company to the entire citizen (Broadcom 2022a).
- Promotional Plan: Broadcom is active on various social media sites like YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and others. The company has the highest number of followers on LinkedIn, and its new collaborations and products are posted here. The mobile app is specific to Broadcom and assists in managing the products, services and finances.
Broadcom Competitive Analysis
- 4P’s comparison with competitors: There is high relevance of 4P in high products like semiconductors.
- Product: The Company is the leading networking semiconductor provider. It is an efficient provider of Ethernet MAC chips. CISCO searches Ethernet MAC Chip. In today’s world, Broadcom is a prime supplier of the Ethernet MAC chip. The company's innovative power is a critical factor in its success of the company.
- Price: Pricing is an essential factor for the success of the company. Pricing should be such that it will become accessible and affordable for customers worldwide.
- Place: For semiconductors, the site is a broader aspect. Getting the right product at the right place, time, and price increases customer satisfaction and improves company profit (Fern Fort University 2022b).
- Promotion: Social media and mobile apps are important for the company's promotional purpose.
- Strengths comparison with the competitors: The strengths are a diversified portfolio, focus on research and development, strong management and culture, Foreign patents and applications
- Compared with the competitor: The company's weakness is increased dependence on the US market, decreased revenue, and weak revenue growth.
- Organization’s competitive advantage: growth in the digital TV segment, development of the aviation industry and increased adoption of 5G technology.
Key Success Factors
The critical success factor of the company is investing in the local community. The company supports the essential elements of the employees and the communities. They promote educational chances to develop the next generation of engineers.
Problems and Issues in Broadcom’s Organization
The company's problem is increased dependence on the US market, decreased revenue, and weak income growth.