Exam Dates and Format
I would like to clarify some points that are related to the FTHE for BUS310 as follows:
1. The link will be available starting Thursday January 21, 2021 at 6:05 pm and will close on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 6:05 pm.
2. The exam and respective pt3 form will be uploaded one hour before the link starts on LMS.
3. It will be composed of Three compulsory questions.
4. Chapters assigned for final exam are chapters 2, 7, 5, 8 and 11 (as stated in course calendar distributed to you at the beginning of fall semester).
5. Exam questions are clear and there will be no word count limit for answers, to enable more flexibility to students while answering questions asked.
6. No referencing is required from students.
7. It is important for students to use the specific pt#3 form which I will send it with the exam.
8. In this FTHE, students need to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the importance of the internal business workings. In their answer, they should show critical, analytical and justification skills of the subject matter, rather than mere description.
9. Students should be alerted that the turn-it-in software will be applied and that AOU plagiarism policy will be implemented for detected cases.
10. The size and font for the FTHE is 12 Times New Roman.
11. Always use examples with explanation to support your answer even if the question did not ask for.
12. Nature of questions require students to demonstrate their ability to draw from course concepts and to discuss and apply these concepts to real life situations and NOT just regurgitating course materials. That it students should not write a replica of what is in the book or slides. Students need to show analysis in their answers and to come up with relevant and new ideas.
13. Although there will be no main case study, however, some questions are linked to real companies.
Internet-based and digital technologies have fundamentally changed the ways business institutions interact and operates with each other and with customers. These changes have affected education industry forces in ways that have created many new strategic challenges. Critically discuss how the Internet and Digital Technologies affect competitive forces. Support your answer by using AOU as an example. (500 words)
The Michael Porter Diamond of National Advantage is a framework that explains why countries foster successful multinational corporations. For-example, United States is considered a world leader in the motion picture industry. Using Porter’s diamond framework for national competitiveness, critically discuss the success of this industry. (500words)
Industry life-cycle can be explored from several levels- from the life cycle of an entire industry to the life cycle of a single model of a product or service. Critically discuss how each stage of the industry life cycle can play a role in decisions that managers must make at the business level. Discuss the key success factors/strategies for each stage? Provide an example for each stage. (500 words).