Warehousing relating to Supply Chain Management at ST Logistics Pte Ltd and carry out a feasibility study.
In the study, minimally, the background, literature review, methods, approach, suggestion, solution and implementation plan must be included. You will be required to submit a Project Proposal and Report Outline and final report base on the proposal.
The project is recommended to cover the followings:
1. Identify the objective and scope
2. Describe the basis of this study.
You could study an area of interest that a company can pursue expansion or improvement on.
3. Analyze the selected topic
In this section, you could analyse on the selected topic using quantitative and/or qualitative methods (e.g. data analysis, interview, survey, etc.). In your analysis, you can do some research on the industry best practice, utilize the tools.
4. Propose the solution(s)
Justify and determine the most viable and cost-effective solution or
recommendation. The solution can be a new process methodology, new equipment, IT technology, a new strategy, etc.
5. Proposed an implementation plan
The project implementation plan should be included. The stakeholders and/or resources required should also be stated.
Annex 1 - Project Proposal (example)
Title: Use ABC analysis to determine the material storage location The project aims to conduct an inventory analysis of the various products in the warehouse. Based on the requirements of the customer, suggest the storage structure most suitable for their operations and the cycle counting required to achieve accuracy.
1. Reduce warehouse order cycle time
2. Increase labour productivity
3. Improve Inventory accuracy
1. Implementation plan for the chosen storage structure in the warehouse.
2. Implementation plan for a suitable method of cycle counting.
3. Extra effort to reallocate stock within racks
Annex 2 - Report Outline (example)
Title: Use ABC analysis to determine the material storage location
Review the warehouse storage process/system that your company is currently using
and analyse its operational effectiveness and efficiency. Propose recommendations
to improve the current system.
• Identify the objective and scope.
Reduce warehouse order cycle time
Increase labour productivity
Improve Inventory accuracy
• Describe the current storage system and how it works.
Storage structure of the items in the warehouse
Stock level per SKU
Physical inventory and/or cycle count
• Analysis of the problem
Research on suitable storage layout in the warehouse
Research on suitable methods of storage
Perform ABC analysis of the inventory in the warehouse.
Research on suitable methods of cycle counting
• Propose solutions
Weekly stock reallocation within racks
Proposed new warehouse location management system such as Fixed Location System, Part Number System or Commodity System ABC Cycle Counting or Block cycle counting
• Justify your solutions with operational effectiveness and efficiency against the current system
Reduced warehouse order cycle time
Increased in inventory accuracy
Increased in labour productivity
• Discuss on potential difficulties/challenges faced Implement the chosen storage structure in the warehouse. Implement a suitable method of cycle counting. Extra effort to reallocate stock within rack