TMA format [New! Please take note]
Please upload this assignment to Turnitin by Tuesday, 7 September 2021, 11:55pm. Resubmissions are allowed before this cut-off time.
1. Download and complete the new TMA Cover Page (screenshot below) from Canvas L01 > Modules > Assessments.
2. Acknowledge that you have read the self-declaration on academic integrity and submit it with your TMA. There will be a penalty of 5 marks deduction if the TMA cover page is incomplete, inaccurate or missing from the final submission of your TMA via Turnitin. No appeals concerning the Cover Page will be entertained.
3. Use Times New Roman 12 point, double line spacing throughout.
1. Backup your TMA at all times.
2. Turnitin reports are generated immediately the first time but subsequent reports may take up to a day to generate.
3. Resubmissions (overwriting earlier submissions) are allowed before the deadline, but NO further resubmissions during the grace period or thereafter.
4. Upload TMA in Word document file only (not in PDF), and strictly follow the naming convention specified for TMA files (Non-compliance to these standards might lead to an admin fee and/or the TMA not be being marked).
5. Upload correct TMA file to the correct folder of the correct course. Admin fee applies to appeals to transfer files to correct folder.
6. 12-hour grace period after the deadline is NOT an extended deadline but solely is for resolving technical problems encountered with submissions before the deadline.
7. In case of problems: Email Canvas Support [email protected] immediately (with relevant screenshots and your TMA attached) and follow up with Canvas Support before the grace period is over.
8. If there was no submission before the deadline, one late submission is allowed after the deadline for up to 1 week, after which no more late submissions will be allowed. ? Automatic marks deduction applies after the 12-hour grace period (refer to the marks deduction scheme in the Student Handbook). With this automatic deduction, there will be no need to request for extensions from your tutor because your tutor does not have the mandate to over-ride the Canvas system settings.
9. Retain the Turnitin digital receipt as evidence of a successful submission. Appeals submitted without the Turnitin digital receipt will not be entertained.
10. View your submission immediately to ensure that the entire document has been uploaded completely and successfully.
11. Submit early and check the originality report for possible revision and resubmission.
Margins: 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, and right) of the page
Line spacing: Double-space the entire paper
Paragraph alignment: Align the text to the left and leave the right margin uneven
Paragraph indentation: Indent the first line of every paragraph 0.5 inch
Font: Use 12-point Times New Roman
Spelling: English (Singapore)
Please observe the word limit as writing succinctly is an important skill to acquire in academic writing. All text (including in-text citations) is included in the word count except the reference list, tables, figures, and appendices. Note that anything written beyond 10% of the word limit will not be marked.
English competency is an assessable component of all TMAs and 5% of the total marks for each TMA have been allocated to this component. It is important that you write clearly and accurately, using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Follow the APA7 format as described in the “PSY Referencing Guide”. Appropriate in-text citations and an accurately formatted Reference section are expected. FIVE (5) marks have been allocated for this component. More information about formatting in APA7 can be found in the APA website: http://www.apastyle.org/index.aspx
? Start the References on a new page (bold and centred).
? Present the reference list in alphabetical order by first author surname.
? Do not number the reference items/entries.
? Each entry should observe hanging indentation (i.e., if the reference goes on to a second line, the second line onwards must be indented).
? Provide the doi if available.
- Title in italics (apply Sentence Case – only the first letter of the first word is capitalised and the first letter of the first word after a colon is capitalised)
- Publisher name (no need to provide place of publication)
- Article title not in italics (apply Sentence Case)
- Journal name in italics (apply Title Case - the first letter of most words are capitalised) - Volume number in italics
- Issue number within brackets not in italics (provide if available)
- Page range not in italics (provide full page range, e.g., 100-123, not 100 or 100-23)