Outline of HR Operating Model for Startups and SMEs
You are required to develop a Human Resource Management business proposal with specific focus on HR operating model (structure), Resourcing and Development. Your recommendations and overall HRM business proposal need to demonstrate considerations on business alignment, a proposal that can assist any start-up or SME type company.
(Your core textbook, Hook and Jenkins, 2019, Ch.1, Ch.6 and Ch. 8, is your initial point of reference).
1. Outline an HR operating model which can support any start-up or SME. An operating model that will reinforce business objectives and alignment including efficient approach to the delivery of the HR services to the business. Underline the theories and analysis of the operating model, including advantages and disadvantages of the model selected. (30 Marks)
2. Outline the resourcing proposition that can assist towards attracting highly skilled talent through innovative approaches. In addition, outline the onboarding methodology (approaches, theories, and best practices) inyour proposal enabling new employees to be successful. (30 Marks)
3. Outline the development considerations in your proposal to enhance all employees’ skills and ability to execute the business strategy. Define what these development proposals are quoting relevant theories and best practices. (30 Marks)
4. Use correct academic writing technique, including effective structure, grammar, spelling, use of in-text citations, and a full reference list, all of
which should use the Harvard referencing convention. (10 Marks)
When designing a HRM business proposal it is important that you benchmark your plan and proposed methods. You can use any international organisation of your choice as an example of success and best practice. You must apply critical thinking in your analysis in relation to your selected organisation against the three main areas outlined above.
Before selecting the organisation, you are strongly advised to discuss this with your lecturer and ensure that there is sufficient online material available To achieve success, the following is required:
• The majority of work should demonstrate your own original thinking, with data, quotes, paraphrased opinions, and other evidence used where
appropriate to evidence and support your own, original debate.
• This should be delivered in a report format, consisting of:
A Cover Page
An Executive Summary
A Contents Page
Findings Section – the main body of the report, separated into any number of sub-sections as required.
A Recommendations section
• Students demonstrating higher level academic skills of analysis and evaluation, and sophisticated use of evidence/sources, will score in the higher grade-ranges.
• Referencing conventions and the credibility of sources is a vital aspect of academic writing. Students demonstrating a higher level of academic rigour in these areas will score in the higher grade-ranges.