· This assignment must be completed individually.
· You must use the Harvard referencing system.
· Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Written assignments must not exceed the specified maximum number of words. When a written assignment is marked, the excessive use of words beyond the word limit is reflected in the academic judgement of the piece of work which results in a lower mark being awarded for the piece of work (regulation 6.74).
· Assignment submissions are to be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work.
· Write your student ID number at the top of every page.
· Where the assignment comprises more than one task, all tasks must be submitted in a single document.
In your HR Team you should choose an international retail chain, research their current HR strategies, make a presentation about those strategies, the possible impact of the new country environment concluding with recommendations for future HR strategies.
Following the presentation that you have already submitted for the Task 1 Interim assessment, you are now required to write an individual report for this Task 2 Final Assessment. You should address this for submission to the HR Director outlining the HR strategies that you have identified and making recommendations as to how the new HR strategies should be implemented regarding the new joint venture. This new venture requires relocation of UK staff who will need to adjust to a different way of working and the report should refer to principles of change management.
• Your report should be word processed using font style ‘Arial or Times New Roman’ and font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
• Your margins should be no less than 2 cm and presented in ‘Portrait’ page orientation with all pages numbered.
• Your work must indicate the number of words you have used. Do not exceed the maximum number of words specified above; all assignments which do so will be penalised – the penalty will be the deduction of marks at the marker’s judgement. You must use the Harvard referencing system.
• Your assignment submission should be made anonymously. Do not write your name anywhere on your work. You should write your student ID number at the top of every page, but do not write your name anywhere on your work.
This assignment is designed to assess the following learning outcomes – critically. Taking the above elements into account, these are the criteria against which your submission will be measured.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the academic development of HRM within a rapidly changing international context, synthesising theory and practice with respect to the application of HRM to the management of organisations (LO1)
2. Recognise the role HRM has to play in the sustainable and changing strategic development of an organisation, nationally, internationally and globally (LO2)
3. Apply and evaluate a range of international HRM practices and procedures and how they impact on change management (LO3)
4. Analyse the effect of organisational and national culture on the management of human resources and sustainable development within organisations (LO4)