Choosing an organisation you are familiar with (Zara), you will deliver a report considering the assessment requirements of:
1). Show your understanding to the role of marketing; Describe your chosen organisation, and the industry they are in; link your understanding of the role of marketing within your chosen organisation to support organisational objectives
2) Discuss the factors in an organisation’s marketing environment, which impact on the marketing of a product or service and developing a PESTLE and SWOT analysis for your chosen organisation (using the suggested PESTEL & SWOT Tables provided)
3) Deliver an understanding of how to market a product or service (Marketing Mix) and highlight how your chosen organisation has completed this (using the suggested Marketing Mix Discussion Table provided)
4) A Personal reflection on your practice of sales and negotiation skills that you completed in taught sessions and the key points you will take away and use in the future and an outline of your chosen organisation’s strategies in this area
5) Provide a discussion of the major findings, concluding analysis and recommendations in relation to how your chosen organisation markets its products and services to support organisational objectives (using the suggested Marketing Mix Recommendations Table provided)
Below is the Suggested Report Structure (based on the assessment task):
- Introduction: Show your understanding to the role of marketing; Describe the chosen organisation, and the industry they are in; link your understanding of the role of marketing within your chosen organisation to support organisational objectives.
- PESTEL and SWOT Analysis: Discuss the factors in your chosen organisation’s marketing environment and as a minimum conduct a PESTEL and SWOT analysis (which you will have developed in formative assessment 1) using the suggested PESTEL & SWOT Tables provided.
- Discussion and Analysis of Marketing Mix: Illustrate and discuss how your chosen organisation applies its marketing tactical tools (i.e. marketing mix-7P) to market its products and services (using the suggested Marketing Mix Discussion Table provided).
- Sales and Negotiation skills applied by your chosen organisation: Provide a reflection on the skills you learnt in the sales and negotiation sessions (which can be from your Formative assessment 2) and where possible identify how your chosen orgnisation have applied its Sales and Negotiations skills for marketing products and services; evaluate related performance.
- Conclusion and Recommendation: Provide a discussion of the major findings, concluding analysis and recommendations in relation to how your chosen organisation markets its products and services to support organisational objectives (using the suggested Marketing Mix Recommendations Table provided).
1). Your report must be in report format with appropriate headings and paragraph numbering. You must include all sources and references in a ‘References’ section. You are expected to refer to appropriate theory and models, and to reference your work correctly, using the Harvard system. If you are unsure of the Harvard system a guidance leaflet is available from the library.
2). The word limit is very tight; therefore, you will need to be concise, consider using bullet points. Use minimum words for clarity and do not repeat yourself. Please note the marks weighting for each of the tasks and the weighting for report structure and presentation.
Your work will be assessed using the attached marking scheme below.
3). The suggested Tables for PESTEL & SWOT Analysis, Marketing Mix and Marketing Mix Recommendations Must Be placed in the body of your Report. Use bullet points in these suggested Tables and you Must provide in-text citations for each bullet point. In addition, the Tables in the body of the Report Do Not count towards the word count for the Report.