Evaluation of Key Principles of Sales Management
1. Provide a critical evaluation of the key principles of sales management and how the different consumer and business buying behaviour can be analysed using new forms of technology in sales planning, methods of selling, strategies for measuring and monitoring sales and sales reporting to increase sales.
2. Critically evaluate the relative merits of:
3. How sales structures are organised.
4. Recognise the importance of ’selling through others’.
(N.B. Identify and evaluate the implementation of different sales structures
5. Critically evaluate how sales structures and approaches can improve financial viability of an organisation and make recommendations for improvements. N.B.
6. In your critique, discuss the importance of developing sales strategies and incorporating account management (core finance principles and successful portfolio management) within different sales structures. Discuss how they can lead to increased profitability and contribute in gaining competitive edge. Make recommendations on how sales structures and approaches can improve the financial viability of the given organisation.
5. Analyse: Break an issue or topic into smaller parts by looking in depth at each part. Support each part with arguments and evidence for and against (Pros and Cons) Critically Evaluate/Analyse: When you critically evaluate you look at the arguments for and against an issue. You look at the strengths and weaknesses of the arguments. This could be from an article you read in a journal or from a textbook. Then you look at the reason why it is important (for) then you look at the reason why it is important (against).
When you discuss you look at both sides of a discussion. You look at both sides of the arguments. Then you look at the reason why it is important (for) then you look at the reason why it is important (against).
When you explain you must say why it is important or not important.
When you evaluate you look at the arguments for and against an issue.
When you identify you look at the most important points.
You should include a bibliography using the Harvard referencing system. Each unit will be graded as a Pass, Merit or Distinction. A Pass is awarded for the achievement of all outcomes against the specified assessment criteria based mostly on DESCRIPTIVE content. Merit and Distinction grades are awarded for higher-level achievement which includes degrees of critical.
Thinking, Analysis And Evaluation:
1. These are higher level skills that you should work on over the period of your programme.
2. If your submission fails to meet all Pass criteria, it will be referred. The second attempt will then be capped at a Pass, as per the Pearson Edexcel regulations.
3. Please access HN Global for additional resources support and reading for this unit. For further guidance and support on report writing please refer to the Study Skills Unit on HN Global.
Please submit your work soft copy digitally on Box/Canvas and send a copy via email to your course tutor on the set dates and notify via email to [email protected]. Request a receiving receipt in the form of a reply email which you should keep safe. All marked expected to be returned to students within 4 weeks of submission.