I choose Broad Differentiation Strategy (high quality, good prices, all market segments) for all Round 1-8. Question 1 to 4 is focus on Round 8 ( I will attach Round 8 Report) focus on the entire simulation (all rounds). (I screenshot the decision summary score and paste it all the way down below.
Reflect on Round 8 of the CapsimCore simulation in which you made decisions. Include the following information:
1. Which strategy did you choose for Round 8? Why did you choose that strategy?
2. What was the basis of your decision in each category (R & D, Finance, Marketing, and Production) for Round 8.
3. What worked well with your strategy in Round 8? Why?
4. What would you have done differently in Round 8? Why?
5. Overall, how well did you perform in the entire simulation (all rounds) based upon the five items in the Capsim Simulation.
Results: Focus (Links to an external site.) document? Capsim Simulation Results: Focus Here are a few things you should focus on when making decisions in the Capsim simulation:
1. Contribution Margin over 30%
2. Zero emergency loans
3. Sales greater than zero
4. Increase in stock price over last year
5. Profit greater than zero
One of the main things I will be looking for in your analysis assignments is to make sure you understand how your decisions are affecting the company. So, don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet each of these items each round. But, do be prepared to explain why your results did not measure up.
6. What was the best decision you made throughout the entire simulation? Why was this the best?
7. When looking back over the entire simulation, what is one decision you would change? Why?
8. What were the biggest challenges with the simulation?
9. What did you learn regarding how each of the areas (Research and Development [R&D], Finance, Production, and Marketing) work together or influence one another within the company?
10. What will you take away from the simulation that could be useful in the future?
• The paper should be 2-4 pages in length. Each of the questions above should be answered in at least 1-2 well-developed paragraphs (minimum 3-5 sentences each).
• The paper should express your ideas and thoughts clearly and show logic and critical thinking 100 points possible (10 points per question)
Comparing Strategy for Round 5 and Round 6
1. Which strategy did you choose for each round? Why did you choose that strategy I apply Broad Differentiation Strategy (high quality, good prices, all market segments).In round three I developed a new product in the low-tech segment. In round four, I have four products that start selling well and can double sales and profit.In rounds 1-2-3, I have developed three new products, one in low tech and two in high tech to apply a broad differentiation strategy. In this simulation, products are sold independently, therefore from round 4, I can get double sales and profit in each segment.
This strategy requires strong investment in R&D, promo, and sale and production expansion in round 1-3, therefore, I get good sales but low profit. I have to balance invest, cost in profit, or contribution margin in early rounds to get good sales, profit, and also avoid emergency loans. What was the basis/reason for your decisions in each category (R & D, Finance, Marketing, and Production). You need to include the numbers for each of the decisions you made, too. This should be very detailed. You can find the numbers for your decisions on the Decisions Summary under Reports.