Save Time & improve Grade
Just share requirement and get customized Solution.
150 Topics to Draft an Effective Persuasive Essay
A persuasive essay, as you may know, is a type of writing that aims to persuade the readers into believing that the argument or claim made in the essay is correct. Even though there are quite a few similarities between an argumentative essay and a persuasive essay, the latter one tends to be a bit kinder and gentler. While in an argumentative essay, you need to discuss and contradict the alternate views, a persuasive essay takes a more lenient approach to convince the reader that the writer has made a believable argument.
In terms of the primary objective, both persuasive and the argumentative essay tries to utilize logic and reason to prove that the mentioned idea or argument is better than any other existing idea or argument. Even though there are several other ways to establish one’s point, persuasive essays must always make proper reason by stating facts, providing solid evidence and logical reasoning, using relevant examples and mentioning a few significant quotes from the experts.
If you are planning on writing a persuasive essay, you need to consider of a few significant thumb-rules.
- Pick a topic
Whether you realize it or not, the topic of an essay often determines how interesting your essay is going to be. Due to this reason, it becomes quite important to pick a topic that not only pokes the interests of your audience but also adds more value to your career (academic or professional). You can either brainstorm and come up with a topic that fulfills the aforementioned requirements or refer to some of the sample topics which we shall discuss later in this blog.
- Know where you stand
Once you have selected a topic for your persuasive essay, your second objective should be to identify your position. In simpler words, you need to acknowledge which side of the issue you are going to write about. Some of the essay topics can be too vague and broad to fit in a five-paragraph-long essay. So, it's more convenient to explore a particular aspect of the topic rather than covering it entirely. Also, before you start writing the essay, you need to understand what will be your stand in the essay.
- Understand your audience
This is perhaps the most significant step that you need to consider while drafting a persuasive essay. You can write a remarkable essay on a particular topic, but if your audience (or reader) does not receive it well, all the efforts will go in vain. As a matter of fact, you need to analyze and acknowledge your audience before you can start working on the essay.
- Do your research
As mentioned before, a persuasive essay must offer some precise and convincing pieces of evidence to support the claim or argument that is mentioned in it. So in order to gather those valuable pieces of the puzzle, you need to look beyond your personal experience and knowledge and explore other potential sources of information. If possible go through all the available documents on the particular topic, including both printed and digital sources of information. You should also interview a few experts who can enlighten the readers on the particular topic with their valuable comments.
- Be organized
When you are working on the essay, you can’t just haphazardly state your arguments and randomly use the pieces of evidence to prove your point. You need a structured outline which will tell you what should be placed where. Present your arguments and evidence in an orderly fashion so that readers don’t get confused while going through your essay.
Remember to follow these unbeatable thumb-rules while approaching a persuasive essay. As mentioned before, finding a perfect topic that meets all the requirements (audiences’ preferences, own interests, relevance, uniqueness and precision) can be harder than it sounds. To make this simpler for you, we have assembled some interesting persuasive essay topics that can help you accelerate the topic selection process for your pending persuasive essay.
- Do Facebook and other social media isolate you from the reality?
- Do children benefit if everyone in the team receives a reward (even for participation)?
- Are we too dependent on technology?
- Should the minimum wage be increased?
- Is it a good idea to make childhood vaccinations compulsory?
- How are security cameras invading our privacy?
- Should citizens be allowed to pet exotic animals?
- Is it necessary to have a formal dress code at the workplace?
- Should minors be allowed to get tattoos with parental supervision?
- Why should college education be free for everyone?
- Is it better to learn a skilled trade more valuable than earning a college degree?
- Should high schools distribute birth control?
- Is there an effective way to punish school bullying?
- Genetically modified food: Is it safe to eat GMOs?
- Are determination and hard work enough to be successful?
- Can a hobby help to continue personal growth?
- Can music treat mental illnesses?
- Snow days are great for a family quality time.
- Teens should be required to take parenting classes.
- Free speech should have limitations.
- Too much money is a bad thing.
- High schools should offer specialized degrees in arts or sciences.
- Penmanship is important.
- Kids should have less homework.
- Why the world needs more women leaders in power?
- Magazine advertisements send unhealthy signals to young women.
- Racial slurs should be illegal.
- Why is it important to should teach etiquette in schools?
- Recycling should be mandatory for everyone.
- Gun ownership should be monitored more effectively.
- Spam mail should be outlawed.
- Should there be an age limit for babysitters?
- Children should read more.
- Why is short hair better than long hair?
- We shouldn't be paying to access the Internet.
- All students should get equal opportunities to study abroad.
- Yearly driving tests should be mandatory over a certain age.
- Cell phones should never be used while driving.
- All schools should implement bullying awareness programs.
- Parents of bullies should have to pay a fine.
- Cigarettes should be more expensive.
- There should be a mandatory entrance exam for high school.
- School days should start later.
- All students should wear uniforms.
- Bullies should be kicked out of school.
- The school year should be longer.
- At least one parent should work from home.
- Why do people need to carpool more?
- We should allow pets in school.
- Smokers should pay a health tax.
- Child support dodgers should go to jail.
- Textbooks should be free.
- Pregnant couples should receive mandatory parenting lessons.
- People should stop using products made from animal skins.
- Students should be allowed to pray in school.
- Celebrities should have more privacy rights.
- Boxing should have tighter rules.
- We should all grow our own vegetables.
- Kids younger than 12 years shouldn’t stay home alone.
- MP3 music should be free.
- There should be better sex education in schools.
- Schools should stop taking tests.
- We should all give back to our communities.
- Video games can be educational.
- We need more holidays.
- Do aliens exist?
- Why are beauty pageants bad for the society?
- Athletes are paid too much.
- Kids should be able to vote.
- Kids should get rewards for their grades.
- Cheerleaders' costumes are too skimpy.
- Psychic abilities are real.
- Some junk foods are really health foods.
- Which is better? City life or country life?
- Should the school hours be shifted to evening?
- Medical testing on animals is immoral.
- Why single-sex colleges are better at providing education?
- Which is more important: safety or privacy?
- Books should never be banned.
- The Electoral College is outdated.
- We should return to the conventional way or horse and buggy transportation.
- Students should have an adult with them during the first year of driving.
- Students should be allowed to leave school premises for lunch.
- Can music lyrics promote violence?
- Year-round school is a bad idea.
- Is it possible to change the world with one idea?
- Skateboard helmets should be mandatory.
- Every car should have breathalyzers.
- Kids under 15 shouldn't use Facebook pages.
- The minimum salaries for the teachers should be increased.
- Is reincarnation possible?
- Does hypnosis work?
- Do mythical creatures exist?
- There should be one world currency.
- People should show more compassion towards the poor.
- The government should impose household trash limits.
- The moon is as important as the sun.
- Is spying patriotic?
- Is it possible to colonize on the moon?
- Every family should receive lessons for natural disaster survival.
- Parents should talk to kids about drugs at a young age.
- Dogs make better pets than cats.
- Freedom of religion is limited.
- Does smoking help people make acquaintances?
- Is the first impression of a person always right?
- Should lecture attendance be optional?
- Are conflicts necessary for healthy relationships?
- Should companies try to copy what their competitors do?
- Can businesses learn from their customers’ complaints?
- Is business ethics an obsolete concept and an oxymoron?
- Should students have profiles on all the major social networks?
- People should stop using cash and use plastic cards only.
- Can listening to favorite music heal?
- Shall the journalists who distort the facts to create sensations be punished?
- Should we preserve old buildings as historical monuments?
- Should all TV channels have censorship?
- Is the way to a man’s heart through his stomach?
- Can virtual reality be harmful to kids?
- Is it ethical to call a war “a peacemaking operation”?
- Is too much political correctness making communication more confusing?
- Why do honest people not have many friends?
- Should couples live together before marriage?
- Is the Bermuda triangle a real place or just a creation of our imagination?
- Why do early marriages end up in divorce most of the time?
- Do elderly people receive better care at retirement homes than with family members?
- Should hyperactive kids receive treatment?
- Should parents pass tests before homeschooling their kids?
- Should parents continue to lie to their children about Santa Claus?
- Are optimism and success contagious?
- Is it fair to use the standardized test results to decide schools’ budgets?
- Is adding your parents on Facebook a right decision?
- Should the lottery be illegal?
- Should there be more child-free restaurants?
- Should there be a law to prohibit taking selfies while driving?
- Should students be allowed to wear dreadlocks at school?
- Why is it important to travel every once in a while?
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should airlines have a two-seat policy for heavier people?
- Prenuptial agreement: good or bad?
- Should you create your own subculture?
- Should marijuana be legalized around the world?
- Should there be a law to regulate the power consumptions?
- Do innovations really make us lazier?
- Should employees be allowed to use their social media profiles at work?
- Should companies send “happy birthday” messages to their clients?
- Will it be more entertaining if the Shakespeare’s plays are shortened?
- Should internet slang like “LOL” and “BTW” be included in dictionaries?
- Do online students have better chances to cheat?
- Do modern schools depend too much on latest technology?
- Should hospitals use placebo treatments?
Finding it difficult to draft a remarkable essay within the deadline? Get started with MyAssignmenthelp.com and manage all your pending tasks like a boss.
Even though, essays are comparatively shorter in length, drafting a fresh essay every once in a while can be really difficult if you are facing a certain level of challenges. It has been observed that students often struggle to finish their essays on time due to a number of reasons. While some of them struggle to fit in the essay writing exercise in their extremely busy schedule, some fail to draft a compelling essay because of poor writing skills. MyAssignmenthelp.com, which is currently the leading academic assistance provider on the internet, acknowledges these certain roadblocks and offers a helping hand to the students to make things easier for them.
MyAssignmenthelp.com is a decade old academic solution provider that had helped thousands of students achieve their academic goals in these past few years. Here we have more than 4000 dedicated academic paper writers who have several years of experience in this industry. For these custom essay writers, no essay writing topic is too difficult. Also, we offer a range of custom paper writing services that cater to the particular needs of the students. In addition, we have an online support that is available throughout the day (24x7). So if you face any inconvenience, you can get in touch with us. Interestingly, we are one of the highly rated online essay helpers (4.9/5) according to the student reviews. Our on-time delivery and incredibly cheap essay help are two of the highlighting features that have helped us attain such feat.