And all these days, you thought writing a review essay was just another boring academic task. So from now onwards, you should pay full attention to it. To ease your way, our expert review essay writers will teach you how to write a review essay.
How to Become a Good Review Essay Writer?
In review essay writing, to be critical does not mean to criticize in a negative manner. Rather, as a review essay writer, you are required to question the information and opinions in a text or sources and put up your evaluation of the text. To present a quality review essay, as a review essay writer, you should attempt to evaluate the review essay topic from different perspectives in relation to the theories, approaches and framework. Read on to understand how to write a review essay by evaluating the assigned in the perfect manner:
2. Question the presented information
3. Outline and summarize
4. Evaluate the argument
As a review essay writer, you should not accept anything on face value but recognize every assertion as an argument that should be critically assessed. Claim and support make an argument. The writer makes a claim – an idea, an opinion, a judgment because he/she wants the readers to believe. Later, the support gives the readers the practical examples of their views. When you analyze a text, you are required to find the reasoning behind the argument and also assess the truthfulness of the presented facts and information.
5. Compare and contrast related texts
General Criteria for Evaluating Text
Significance and Contribution to the Field (Criteria 1)
• What was the author’s aim?
• To what extent the author became successful in achieving his aim?
• Does this text make you knowledgeable or learn something that was unknown to you?
• What relationship does it bear to other works in the field?
• Is there anything you would like to add in this text?
Methodology or Approach (Criteria 2)
• What approach was used for the research?
• Are the results described in the text valid and reliable?
• What framework is used to discuss the results?
Argument and Use of Evidence (Criteria 3)
• Is there a clear problem that the writer addressed?
• What claims are made?
• Is the argument consistent?
• What kinds of evidence does the writer put up?
• How valid and reliable the evidence is?
• Does the evidence serve its purposes?
• What conclusions are drawn?
• Are these conclusions justified?
Writing Style and Text Structure (Criteria 4)
Follow these possible focus questions if you are asked to evaluate the assigned text based on this criterion:
• Does the writing style suit the interest of the target audience?
• How the elements of the text were organized? Can it be organized in different and better manner?
That’s all about the first step of review essay writing: critical reading. Later comes the hard part, fleshing out the entire essay just out of the ideas, that’s essay writing. If you think external assistance from an expert can help, we have a solution right here for you.
How MyAssignmenthelp.com Can Help You to Write a Review Essay?
The principles that MyAssignmenthelp.com abides by are ensuring that the assignment solution we deliver is of top-notch quality and free from any plagiarism. Our each assignment solution is created by our expert review essay writers who are experienced in producing a paper of high standards.
We understand it is hard to believe someone with money; it is also hard to take help from someone unknown. To help you clear your doubts related to review essay writing, we describe how to write a review essay.
How to Write a Review Essay?
In summary, you are supposed to present the key points along with a limited number of examples. You can also briefly explain the authors’ purpose/intention throughout the text also the structure of the text. Discuss how the elements of the text are organized. It takes only a paragraph not more. After setting the scene, you should move to putting up your evaluation.
In this section, you present a balanced discussion. This part should reflect an evaluation of the weakness and strengths and notable features of the text. The discussion should be based on specific criteria. A good review essay always reflects other sources to support your evaluation. Here you can include the references from related sources to strengthen your argument. You can choose how to sequence your body paragraphs. Here are some examples to get you some idea of it:
• If your evaluation is inclined towards negative evaluation, you should present positive points first than the negative points at the end.
• If there are both strengths and weaknesses in the text, you need to decide the overall judgment. For example, you focus on the key idea of the text and have both negative and positive comments.
• Each paragraph should address a different criterion including both negative and positive points.
A conclusion should not take more than one paragraph. And this is usually a very short paragraph. In review essay writing, the conclusion should
• Restate your overall point of the text
• Include a brief recommendation of how the text can be improved in terms of ideas, research, approach and theories
• Reflect your last words to help your critique to be fair and reasonable.
We hope you got the answer to your question ‘how to write a review essay’ and are ready to implement the strategies in your writing. To make the best of it, you can take assistance from expert review essay writers who are easily available online.