Nurse Practitioner (NP) is one of the most popular professions in the field of medical and health care facilities. In the US alone, NP has successfully managed to become the health partner of choice among millions of people. The profession of NP has bought a comprehensive perspective and personal touch in the field of health care. They are dedicated to blend their clinical expertise in diagnosing and treatment to ensure well-being of the patient. Moreover, they strongly emphasize disease prevention and health management to spread awareness among people.
Who Is a Nurse Practitioner?
Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a profession that specializes in managing patient's health conditions including treatment of injuries and illness. According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), nurse practitioners are referred to as skilled, licenced and self-sufficient healthcare companions. These NPs are also highly qualified and licenced as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN), due to their area of specialization. NPs are well capable to specialize or even sub-specialize in a specific medical specialty. Among various areas of specialty, some of the common areas of specialty are like family practice, pediatrics, and women's health.
On the other hand, areas of sub-specialty include dermatology, cardiology, oncology, or behavioral health and psychiatry. In simple words, a nurse practitioner (NP) can be classified as a mid-level practice in the subject of health care. To become a nurse practitioner, it is imperative for you to possess high skill-set in an extensive variety of segments. These segments are assessing patient needs, order, render diagnostic and laboratory tests, diagnose sickness and disease, and prescribe medications for treatment.
According to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), it is imperative for a nurse practitioner to possess a master's degree in nursing. So, a nurse practitioner is enlightened at the masters level to provide relief to patients from an extensive variety of diseases. These include diseases like primary, acute, chronic and numerous other disorders affecting the people of all age group. However, a master's or doctoral degree in nursing practice has gained considerable significance in the profession of health care.
What Does a Nurse Practitioner Do?
The primary purpose of a nurse practitioner is to provide the best possible care to the patients in their treatment. Their responsibilities widely depend on the nurse's specialization and the region where he or she practices. NPs have the authority to diagnose illness, treat diseases, and spread evidence-based awareness among the patient's family members. NPs diagnose their patients, examines medical histories, perform physical evaluations and multiple tests.
Moreover, they need to develop individual treatment plans, follow up on courses of treatment, and maintain educational records. It is also mandatory for nurse practitioners to contribute to continuing education keeping up with technological, methodological, and other developments. Therefore, NPs are not only health care providers, but also mentors, counselors, researchers, educators, and consultants for their patients.
Importance of Nurse Practitioner in the Medical Field
4 Significant Factors of Nurse Practitioners in the Medical Field
- The credibility of NP: The hoax that NPs are just health care providers have widely spread among the people worldwide. In reality, NP's are more than health care providers; they are mentors, educators, researchers, and administrators. The role they play in professional organizations and involvement in health policy activities at various levels is very crucial. It helps to maintain professional standards and improve the credibility of NPs.
- Cheap health care facilities: The luxurious quality of care and counseling provided by NPs can contribute to affordable health care facilities for patients. Thus, patients can save the cost of the emergency room, hospital stays, and medications by considering NPs as their primary caretaker.
- Satisfaction of the patients: According to a study, NPs experience over 870 million patient visits every year. Even with such a high number, patients have reported an extremely high level of satisfaction with the care they receive.
- Lack of primary care: NPs have contributed extensively to the primary care shortage solutions in the US by offering high-quality, cost-efficient, and patient-centered health care.
Difference between Nurse Practitioners and Traditional Physicians
Being a medical student, have you ever wondered "What is the difference between a Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Traditional Physicians (TP)?" Securing your career in health care can prove to be extremely fruitful only after years of dedicated training and continuous learning. Thus, it is imperative for you to realize the consequences of the commitment you make as a health care representative.
3 Key Differences between Nurse Practitioner and Traditional Physician
- Qualifications required to succeed in both fields: Both the nurse practitioner as well as a traditional physician need to achieve a master's or doctoral degree. After getting their respective certificates, both of them need to appear for a retest every few years to maintain their certification. Now, where NPs need to rectify every five years, but can also rectify by meeting the clinical practice and continuing education requirements.
On the other hand, traditional physicians need to rectify every 10 years and have 100 continual medical education credits.
- The independent practice of medicine by a traditional physician: Traditional physicians are more likely to operate independent clinics, and their physician interactions are limited to a few monthly on-site visits. Now, the majority of the population supports the nurse practitioners to freely practice and prescribe without seeking the permission of an MD. Still, there are some places where nurse practitioners require to maintain cooperative agreements with physicians denying them to practice independently.
- Area of expertise: Nurse practitioners are more patient-centered as they have a long-term approach to work with patients. It is very crucial due to the increasing numbers of chronic disease globally. Chronic disease includes catastrophic diseases like cancer or diabetes contributing to the majority of deaths worldwide. Thus, nurse practitioners work with patients providing them health education and counseling to those who need it.
On the other hand, traditional physicians are more disease-centered.
How You Can Complete Nurse Practitioner Assignment Before the Deadline
Does the thought of missing your deadline overwhelm you? It does. But there is nothing to be afraid of as the best service to provide you with an unmatched assignment has stepped in. Myassignmenthelp.com is the helping hand that can pull you out of your adversities delivering you before your deadline. We understand the urgency of the deadline that plays a crucial role in determining your academic future. Thus, we are acquainted with the guidelines of some top universities worldwide and understand the significance of the deadline.
Suppose you have invested your precious time and money in preparing a top-notch assignment but, missed your submission by 30 minutes. Now, what do you think will happen next? Will your college professor accept your assignment after the given deadline? Of course not. It doesn't matter if you have prepared an unmatched assignment; if you cannot respect the deadline, all your time and money will be dead in the water. So, an online assignment help service like myassignmenthelp.com has proved itself as the most popular online assignment help service.
Thus, the urgency to meet the deadline is the biggest fear contributing to the stress in the student's lives. Also, it exposes you to numerous mental disorders and physical challenges. The urgency to meet the deadline has contributed to the adversities faced by the students in many ways. So, being a parent, it is critical for you to safeguard your child from these challenges and to ensure their better health. This is why you can rely on the best online assignment help service to provide a better academic future.
We Understand All the Problems of Nurse Practitioner Assignment
At myassignmenthelp.com, we understand all your concerns and dedicate our efforts to provide you with a satisfying solution. We have a team of highly qualified and well-experienced experts working day and night to help you score better grades. Have you ever experienced a situation in your life when you felt helpless? Of course, you must have experienced it. Everyone has an experience of their own. Now, think of that time when you felt stuck in the middle of nowhere desperately seeking help. Similarly, myassignmenthelp.com is the help that majority of students seek worldwide in their hour of much need.
Our experts are capable and dedicated to delivering you an unmatched assignment contributing to the boost in your grades. Apart from our unconditional and uncompromised services, we also benefit our customers with various free services. From the long list of our numerous free services, some of them are - free plagiarism checker, free changes in your assignment (if any), free unlimited revisions, etc.
Moreover, our experts realize the strict guidelines followed by top universities against plagiarism and ensure you a 100% plagiarism free assignment. So, do you have the hunger to score higher grades in you? If yes, then you are in the right place. Only myassignmenthelp.com is the key that can unlock the doors of success for you. So, you can freely connect with our 24*7 available customers support team working day and night to deliver your requirements. All you need to do is to communicate with our chat support service and experience the joy of an unmatched assignment.