Overview of Professional Portfolio Assessment
The Professional Portfolio assessment involves producing a structured collection of artefacts in combination with your own personal reflections, demonstrating:
• what you have learnt during this unit,
• your understanding of the Course Learning Outcomes (CLO 511/1, CLO 511/2 & CLO 511/5) as listed below, and
• how this renewed understanding and learning will be applied in your own professional practice.
The CLO’s applicable to this assessment are:
CLO 511/1 Design and integrate strategic and operational health and safety plans into the workplace (including financial planning and resource management)
CLO 511/2 Critically analyse the principles for effective project management in the health and safety context
CLO 511/5 Integrate knowledge of the principles of organisational behaviour and management theory in the context of work related health and safety performance (including complex sociotechnical systems, change and leadership)
You are only expected to demonstrate understanding of the CLO’s up to and including Week 8, you will not be marked on Weeks 9 & 10 content pertaining to the specifics of Sociotechnical systems. Portfolio Structure
The portfolio assessment provides you the autonomy to structure your response in a way that best articulates your understandings, reflections and future learnings. As a minimum however, you must include:
• a contents page,
• explicit links between evidence of achievement (the artefacts) and claims made about learning,
• referencing and citation in accordance with an appropriate style (Referencing and Citing), and
• an appendix containing evidence of achievement.
Please note that the assessment will start from the critical reflection rather than from the evidence, please structure your assessment accordingly.