To explore, analyse, deliberate and recommend security technology solutions for the Information Security Threats
Northbridge Consultants provides consultancy services to large and medium enterprises in areas relating to Internet businesses. The chief executive saw an opportunity to sell their Information Security technology services to clients based on the CrowdStrike 2021 Global Threat Report.Â
Northbridge Consultants wants to do a full study into reported security threats and compile a report for Internet businesses.
Your company has been engaged by Northbridge Consultant to study these security threats on their causes, nature and mitigation.
1. Attacks on the Internet of Things (IoT) will focus on smart home automation.
2. Mobile devices will become targets that are even more attractive.
3. Machine learning will be a game changer in the fight against cybercrime.
4. Privacy will continue to be sacrificed for mobile apps.
5. Scammers will continue to run profitable ransomware scams.
6. Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) will continue to rise as a threat.
7. User behaviour will take centre stage as security moves beyond passwords.
8. The Cloud will take us to Infinity and Beyond.
9. The front lines of cybersecurity will be strengthened by closer industry partnerships and collaborations.
10. The Need for Improved Security on IoT Devices Will Become More Pressing
11. Opportunities For Cybercriminals To Compromise Apple Devices Will Grow
12. The Battle Between Ransomware Gangs and Malware Distribution Networks Will Heat-Up
13. Cyber Attacks and Data Breaches Will Drive the Need for Cyber Insurance
14. Risk of Serious Attacks to Critical Infrastructure Will Increase
15. The Need for Encryption Escalates
16. The Tipping Point for Biometric Security Is Approaching
17. Security Gamification and Simulation Will Tackle the Security Awareness Challenge
1. The study must include 4 sections: the description, nature of threat and threat mitigation and conclusion.
a) Description: What is the cause of the threat? Why is it a threat?
b) Nature of threat: What are the potential threats faced by online users? Provide more information about the threat e.g date launched, theÂ
damage caused by the threat, who are the affected users etcâ¦?Â
c) Threat mitigation: Provide recommendHow can the threat be avoided, minimized or controlled?
d) Provide an overall conclusion to the threat.
2. Write a report in MS Word document (Between 500-1000 words). The report MUST provide references using hyperlink tags to web sites. You are expected to organize, elaborate and expand on each of the threats. Reports with large portions copied from the original reference will not gain any marks.
1. Cover Page and Index (10 marks)
2. Executive Summary (A short intro of your report, 1 or 2 para) (10 marks)
3. Report Formatting (10 marks)
4. Main Content (2 threats)
â¢ Description of Threat (10 marks)
â¢ Nature of Threat (20 marks)
â¢ Mitigation of Threat (20 marks)
â¢ Conclusion (10 marks)
5. Text References (10 marks)