1. This individual graded assignment will constitute 100% of the overall module marks.
2. Late submission of graded assignment without leave of absence (LOA) for the module will be subjected to the following late penalty.
The late submission penalty will apply only to the component(s) that relate to the submitted work. Note that the time after submission deadline includes weekends and Public Holidays.
3. Graded assignment should be uploaded into SA 2.0, “A2339C Graded Assignment” folder, in the learning path before the stipulated deadline. Save your graded assignment in word document format, as “_.doc”.
4. Complete the Graded Assignment Declaration on Page 3 and upload into SA 2.0 along with your assignment.
5. The marking criteria for this assignment is as shown below.
Based on the organ systems that you have learnt, choose one system that allows drug delivery to avoid first pass metabolism.
Organ systems: integumentary system, digestive system, respiratory system, cardiovascular system, lymphatic system and urinary system.
Consideration/Guidelines for report:
a. Identify organ system. (6 marks)
b. Describe first pass metabolism. (6 marks)
c. Explain how the organ system is able to avoid first pass metabolism. (6 marks)
d. Relate how the anatomy and physiology of organs within the organ system facilitate that alternative pathway of drug delivery. (6 marks)
e. Critique on the advantages and limitations of the organ system in drug delivery. (6 marks)
Each student is expected to submit a written assignment of not more than 2000 words (relevant content) to answer the question. As a guideline, the assignment should be typed in a 12-point font, one-inch margins, and a minimum of 1.5 line spacing. Students should be sure to include any relevant references or citations in the assignment.
You may follow the format below for your assignment.
1. Flow of assignment
• Identify organ system
• Describe first pass metabolism.
• Explain how the organ system is able to avoid first pass metabolism.
• Relate how the anatomy and physiology of organs within the organ system facilitate that alternative pathway of drug delivery.
• Critique on the advantages and limitations of the organ system in drug delivery.