Choose a company to research. The company must be publicly traded company in the building related industry. Each group will select a different company; however, companies may be within the same industrial sector. The company is to be approve by your lecturer.
A. Research and then describe your company's primary business activities. Include:
1. a brief historical summary,
2. a list of competitors,
3. the company's position within the industry,
4. recent developments within the company/industry,
5. future direction, and
6. other items of significance to your corporation.
B. Include information from a variety of resources.
1 Review the Annual Report and especially the Letter to Shareholders, which summarizes the past year and highlights future opportunities. Annual Reports are generally available online at the company's website in the investor relations section.
2. Explore the corporate website. A corporate website usually provides updated, comprehensive information including links to current news items and financial information. Note that the company provides the information posted on the website and, therefore, may be biased in favor of the company.
3. Select at least two significant news items from recent business periodicals. Examples of business periodicals include The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Inc., and Business Week. Many of these periodicals are available online.
C. Submit a "Tell Me About Your Company" .
The report should be well written with introductory and concluding paragraphs. References must be appropriately cited. Be sure to address all of the points in Section A above, using all of the resources listed in Section B.
D. Include a complete bibliography.