This assessments addresses the following Subject Learning Outcomes:
a) Develop and apply a conceptual understanding of reflective practice in a business context.
b) Critically evaluate economic principles and stakeholders viewpoints in business environments.
Self-reflection is a way of assessing yourself and the way you work and study. Reflecting helps in developing your skills further and linking practice with theory. It is about analysing what you do and why you do it and applying what you have learned in the future. Reflective self-awareness leads to better leadership skills and performance. More importantly, an enhanced understanding of oneself also provides a solid basis for empathy and leading others.In Assessment 1, Part A, the focus will be on you to reflect on the motivation for undertaking postgraduate studies and expectations regarding the course and ensuing career path. Part B, which is due in module 6, requires you to revisit Part A and do a short video presentation on your learning experience and thinking, and how they might have evolved during the course of the subject.
Assessment 1; Part A is a statement of intent which should document your intentions regarding your studies at Torrens University and how they might help you develop professionally.The purpose of this reflective assessment is to help you become aware of your thinking and how it can be used in describing, analysing and evaluating learning experiences.
• How do you define business?
• Why did you choose this course?
• What kind of past experience (or interest) do you have in this area?
• How has your experience (academic, work, etc.) prepared you for this course?
• How do you ensure the required outcomes of your course are met?
• What can you do to manage and monitor your studies to a successful conclusion?
• As you think about the future, how might you apply your studies in later life?
• What kind of goals would you like to set for yourself with regards to this course?
Your Assessment 1; Part A should also include a brief description of your initial understanding of Business Environment and Economic Principles. In writing your reflective statement of intent, you should justify your choice of studies; identify how your studies relate to your own experiences and how you may apply your knowledge in the future.Think carefully about your previous experiences and current expectations. Your statement should be clear and succinct showing that you have short-term and long-term goals and an understanding of what you want to do with your degree.