Thesis Statement: The widening availability and growing popularity of organic and natural food sources, as well as increased use in natural and alternative medicines, are creating an overall healthier lifestyle for American and will reduce mortality and prevalence of life altering illnesses.
Alternate Thesis: The chronic use of unnatural ingredients in our everyday food supply is a primary cause for the negative trend in America’s health, and can be reverted with a consistent awareness of the foods we eat and the products they originate from.
Alternate Thesis : The increasing prevalence in life altering illnesses can be directly linked to the increased usage of unnatural ingredients and chemicals in our everyday food supply, and can be reversed back to a healthier America by simply eliminating certain toxins from our diets.
I: The past 30 years has seen an increase in life altering illnesses across America.
- Diabetes has increased an average of 40% from 1990 to 1998, with approximately 800,000 new cases each year.
- Brain cancer, seizures, and childhood depression has increased over the past 25 years.
- Juvenile hypertension, diabetes, colon and breast cancer is on the rise.
II: The use of corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup is causing the obesity trend and increase in diabetes in America.
- Corn syrup is a genetically modified sweetener, with production methods intent on chemically converting its natural glucose into fructose.
- Corn syrup is widely used in the United States due to cost efficiency, found in the majority of foods we eat today. The European Union has established limits to the use of this ingredient, mainly due to its health effects.
III: The use of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners is causing a large increase in cancer related deaths.
- Aspartame is a chemically modified sweetener to replace the use of sugar, allowing low caloric foods and beverages to retain a sweet taste
- The production and use of aspartame and many other chemically created sweeteners are the subject of major controversy over health concerns. Aspartame metabolizes in the human body to produce methanol, formaldehyde, and aspartic acid.
IV: The use of growth hormones and wide range antibiotics in our industrialized food supply has created more medicine resistant infections and viruses, with an increase in genetic disorders and illnesses.
- The usage of gGrowth hormones in cattle is to alloware given to cattle to increased production in of milk supplies.
- Antibiotics are widely used to prevent illness and death of cattle and poultry due to confined space and abhorrent industrial conditions.
- The usage of growth hormones is 100% banned in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and most of Europe.
V: Case studies and physician opinions on treatment and elimination of life altering illnesses support by a more natural and less pharmaceutical means.
- Restoration effects on the body can be observed by eliminating these toxic ingredients
- Replenishing and supplementing the body’s ability to fight disease occur throughby natural therapy.
- Analysis shows increasing availability of the growing trend of available “organic” and “all natural” products on store shelves for everyday items.