This group assignment is an agile project focusing on the topic of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, where the group will use agile techniques to produce a final report outlining a solution plan. In the process of developing the final report, each group will first prepare a team contract, prepare two scrum boards and a short presentation as part of their weekly learning activities in Module 1. Each of these learning activities will provide evidence of the agile process the team has followed to research, develop and deliver the final report.
Please write a report following the structure outlined below:
Introduction: Will also serve as your statement of purpose for the report. This means that you will tell the reader what you are going to cover in your report. You will need to inform the reader of:
- Your area of research and its context
- The key concepts you will be addressing
- What the reader can expect to find in the body of the report
Body of the report: will need to respond to the specific requirements of the case scenario. The areas you will be required to cover are:
- What are the major objectives of an ERP system and how are they similar or different to a Functional Area Information System?
- What are they benefits and limitations of ERP systems?
- What are the core modules of an ERP systems and what would the extended modules be? Which module would you recommend first for implementation and why?
- What are the different available implementation models that the business can consider for their ERP implementation and the benefits and drawbacks of these different implementation models? Which would you recommend?
- Which functional departments are likely to be impacted in the business as they transition to a world where ERP supports cross-functional and cross-departmental processes?
The conclusion: will summarise any findings or recommendations that the report puts forward regarding the concepts covered in the report.
Referencing: There are requirements for referencing this report using APA referencing style.
Your intended audience is the Executive Leadership Team of Albany Bakeries – a nationwide group of bakeries that have grown through the mergers and acquisitions of many smaller bakeries with the intention of achieving greater economies of scale and greater buyer bargaining power when negotiating with suppliers of key inputs for their baked products – mainly bread and confectionery.
The Executive Leadership consists of the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer who oversees the Production function, Chief Financial Officer who oversees Finance and Accounting functions, Chief Information Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and the General Manager of HumanResources.
As the bakeries have previously been separate businesses, they are running on different functional platforms for accounting, finance, human resources, production and marketing. It is vital for the business to take the next strategic step to break through the information silos that exist to take the business forward in its next phase of growth.
Your team of specialist consultants have been tasked, by the partner in the consulting firm where you are employed, to undertake a six week agile project to perform a conceptual feasibility study to prepare Albany Bakeries for what to expect as they transition into a new way of running their
business by removing the information silos.