The American Nursing Informatics Association
Researching and selecting the nursing organization that you would like to join can be difficult if you don’t know where to start your search. This assignment to analyze a nursing organization can help you in your decision making when you get ready to join an organization or if you are already a member of an organizational and are interested in joining additional ones. There are numerous nursing organizations that provide members with the opportunity for both personal and professional development. This provides nurses with resources to help them advance and achieve their career goals. Nursing organizations provide members with the opportunity to stay current in the industry by enhancing clinical knowledge and skills, finding a mentor, and networking with other nursing professionals. These organizations also provide a supportive system where you can find camaraderie.
In your analysis paper answer the following questions:
1. Research and describe the nursing organization that you are interested in learning more about. Provide the name of the organization and the location of its headquarters.
2. What 3 specific opportunities for continuing education does the organization offer and what format or structure is used to deliver the continuing education content?
3. Are the continuing education offerings certified by ANCC or other certifying body?
4. What are the membership dues?
5. What is the major focus of the organizations advocacy initiatives related to policy development?
6. Do they have an office in Washington DC?
7. Does the organization have a lobbyist on the national or state level?
8. How long has the organization been in existence?
9. How frequent does the organization have meetings, are they help locally and nationally?
10. How many members does the organization have?
11. Is the organization’s major focus on enhancing clinical skills, leadership skills, nursing education, or health policy development?
Formatting Guidelines for analysis paper follow:
a. Set the document in APA format.
b. Provide cover page with your name, title of paper and name of organization being analyzed, course number, professor’s name.
c. Include page numbers on each page.
d. Use references from the literature or electronic references to support your findings.
e. Cite references in APA format, provide reference page.
f. Include a final summary of what you learned when researching the organization and if you plan to join the organization.