1. Why should HR Professionals consult line and senior managers about human resources needs in their areas? Provide at least five reasons.
HR Professionals need to consult line and senior managers regarding human resource needs as both have vested interested in ensuring company’s success. Five primary reason for the same are;
Planning of department staffing
For strategic HR management.
2. What are the ten HR services that might need to be delivered in accordance with a service agreement or plan?
Primary HR services that needs delivery according to service agreement or plan are ;
HR assessment and development centers
Competency development processes
Discrimination, harassment advice
Education and training program
Flexible work arrangement
Induction and orientation programs
Occupational health and safety (OHS)
3. What skills, knowledge, experience, qualifications, and abilities might be appropriate providers of one HR service (e.g. EAP Services) need to have? (75-150 Words)
EAP Service counselors education generally needs to be master degree in a mental health-related field as social work or counseling. EAP counselors need to have specific skills in effective roles, especially excellent communication roles. They should also possess skills to work with varied professionals. They need to be trained in EAP core technology which forms an essential component of Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA). Certification Employee Assistance Professional or CEAP is a professional credential.
4. What is a ROI? Why can calculating ROI be difficult when it comes to the provision of HR services?
Human resources is a soft industry as its quantifiable finance data is not possible. Return on Investment or ROI provides a quantifiable metrics for improving credibility of HR professionals. Upper management through ROI identifies specific, measurable parameters that can benefit organisation.
In order to calculate ROI in human capital all values associated with HR needs to be considered. It is often difficult to measure ROI in HR services as because all measures in HR is not quantifiable. The cost of salaries are also often difficult to assess.
5. Why is it important to make an effort to calculate ROI in relation to HR services? (100-175 words).
It is integral to calculate ROI with all possible efforts in relation to HR services as it will allow strategic planning for HR. Allocating appropriate financial and other resources in HR is only possible by way of assessing calculating ROI in HR. Further through ROI it becomes possible to assess costs associated with various HR activities and then planning it forward.
6. Explain the difference between quantitative and qualitative information that might be gathered to evaluate the organization’s human resource service delivery. (150-200 words).
Qualitative information in organisation’s human resource service delivery includes various workforce analysis. Quantitative data or information on the other hand includes rate, salary, hours of overtime worked, age, number of professionals and so on.