Law Dissertation Topics
Since you are reading this blog, it is safe to assume that you are a law student who has been asked to prepare a dissertation paper. Now, we all know that a dissertation is one of the lengthiest academic tasks that students need to do. But things can be even more difficult if you choose the wrong topic. If you cannot think of any good law dissertation topics, don’t worry. We have assembled a great number of law dissertation ideas that you can work on.
Hire Us Now
Commercial Law Dissertation Topics
- Evaluate the effectiveness of commercial law to support commercial transactions in Canada.
- Evaluate the commercial laws that can be used against dishonest managers
- Commercial partnerships – the dangers and potential results
- Review the use of international commercial law in energy projects worldwide
- Analyse the arbitration under commercial law – policy practice in the UK
Company Law Dissertation Topics
- A critical review of American company law and its effects on member workers and creditors
- Investigate the essential aspects of corporate law
- Evaluate the arguments for and against “stakeholder theory”
- The significance of non-executive directors in the corporate legal system in the UK
- A study on the business responsibilities for human rights
Comparative Law Dissertation Topics
- Compare the juvenile criminal justice and adult criminal justice
- Criminal law meant for online crimes are not strict enough. Compare them with the laws against street crime
- How does the law discriminate between felony and misdemeanour?
- Compare the laws against gang warfare and the laws against terrorism
- Compare the commercial laws in the US with the commercial laws in the UK
Competition Law Dissertation Topics
- A comparative analysis of regulations of horizontal agreements in Japan, China, and the EU
- Critically evaluate the extent to which EC competition regulations are effective in protecting competition
- Evaluate the changes in EU competition law made in the last 20 years
- Is the cost of monitoring competition worth it?
- Do a comparative analysis of the Competition Act 1998 in the EU
Constitutional Law Dissertation Topics
- Does the basic feature doctrine make constitutions rigid? Discuss
- A study on the legislative process and constitutional law
- Is the draft Cabinet Manual 2010 sufficient to stop the future abuse of power by the Executive?
- Is Royal Prerogative an essential part of the British constitution?
- Is the Bill of Rights necessary to create a balance between rights and responsibilities?
Contract Law Dissertation Topics
- Evaluate the concept of good faith in the context of contract law
- Analyse the contractual certainty and fairness
- Study the Judicial conservatism and specific performance in English contract law
- Compare the representations and warranties in contract law
- Discuss the history of contract law
Criminal Law Dissertation Topics
- Evaluate crime-related factors that should not be presented in the court of law
- A study of the history of death sentence
- Analyse the use of lie detectors in criminal justice? Are they effective?
- Do a thematic review of criminal theory – explore the link between crime and morality
- Discuss the best ways to protect witnesses from retaliation in a criminal case
Employment Law Dissertation Topics
- Critically evaluate the role of indirect discrimination in the existing discrimination law in the context of the employment relationship
- Evaluate the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 to find out the extent to which it still safeguards employee rights
- The key legal issues associated with the use of Contracts of Employment in the country
- How does the legal position of agency and casual workers in England and Wales compare with the EU?
- Review the approach of discrimination under the law of US
Environmental Law Dissertation Topics
- Analyse the UK environmental law for resource sustainability and management
- Analyse the international environmental law – Is it fair towards natural resources of emerging economies?
- Environmental crimes and the law to prevent them – use case study
- Evaluate the challenges faced in the enforcement of environmental law in the UK
- Discuss the role of international environmental law in the management of carbon emissions
Equity Law Dissertation Topics
- Critically analyse the court's consideration of financial benefit in the context of trustee powers of investment
- Evaluate the approach of the courts to trusts adopting political purposes
- To what extent is adverse possession a crucial right to prevent the growth of vacant properties
- The presumption of resulting trusts and advancement have turned defunct in today’s date and should be abolished – discuss
- Discuss the principles on which half-secret and fully secret trusts are enforced
European Law Dissertation Topics
- Explore the legal dynamics of the blue card proposal and the international labour market
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of direct taxation under the EU laws
- Analyse the position of racial and ethnic minorities and work regulations under EU laws
- Review the process in which the EU law work to maintain price stability
- Does EU uphold the international human rights? Discuss
Click To Connect
Family Law Dissertation Topics
- Analyse the purpose behind the Civil Partnership Act 2004’s enactment
- Critically analyse the role of the local authority in achieving the effective provision of child welfare
- Study the development of the law related to divorce
- Is the "best interest" test outdated when it comes to applying the current law to deal with a child's particular circumstances in the jurisdiction of England and Wales?
- Is it time to reform family law?
General Law Dissertation Topics
- How to protect victims against the misuse of regulations about manslaughter?
- Discuss the gender differences in employment regulations
- When can law representatives intervene in a family's life?
- The difficulties in refugee regulation and protection
- Should male partners sue their female partners for abortion?
Immigration Law Dissertation Topics
- Critically analyse the immigration policy in the UK since 1990
- A study on the right of prisoners to vote under the European law of human rights
- A historical analysis of the immigration and asylum policies in Britain
- A study on the impact of privatisation on immigration detention and related functions in the US
- How beneficial has the points system been for creating a cap in the British immigration system?
International Commercial Law Dissertation Topics
- Should the Vienna Convention on the International Sale of Goods 1980 be ratified into English law?
- Evaluate a case of arbitration under international commercial law
- Analyse the legal compatibility with international commercial law in the US
- Discuss the regulations in the international commercial law regarding foreign investments
- Critically analyse the sea trace under international commercial law
International Criminal Law Dissertation Topics
- Discuss the significance of victim testimony in International and hybrid criminal courts
- Discuss the law against a crime done by a person in a foreign land
- How does the law protect the interest of victims of international cybercrime?
- Analyse the effects of international criminal jurisdictions on the rights of criminal suspects
- The relationship between globalisation and crime
International Law Dissertation Topics
- Evaluate the future of consumer protection after the Brexit
- Compare gaps in human rights law – Case study: UK
- Evaluate the problems of enforcing international law in developing countries
- Assess the challenges faced by different parties when applying the Vienna Convention on Contract for the International Sale of Goods (CISG)
- Discuss whether US involvement in Iraq was justice or a violation of the law?
Land Property Law Dissertation Topics
- Review the rationale for personal property rights for the immigrants in the UK
- Study the intellectual property law in the digital world
- Study the tribal property rights in the US
- Evaluate the use of property law for heritage site protection
- Review the practical implementation of the UK property rights
Maritime Law Dissertation Topics
- Discuss the effectiveness of the current maritime law in safeguarding maritime security
- Analyse the key issues in operational maritime law
- Discuss the ramifications for security on autonomous ships in international waters
- A comparative analysis between local laws and maritime laws
- Review the jurisdiction and enforcement issues for international maritime laws
Tort Law Dissertation Topics
- A critical assessment of the rules regarding the recovery of economic losses in tortuous actions
- Is there still a growing compensation culture in the jurisdiction of England and Wales in comparison to the position in the US?
- Assess the importance of foreseeability and policy in establishing a duty of care
- Evaluate the need for reform in the rules to determine causation in the event of there being multiple and consecutive causes of the claimant's loss
- Explore the need to reform the rules to establish a duty of care in regards to the tortuous liable to public body defendants in cases of negligence
Tax Law Dissertation Topics
- Discuss the fiscal deficit of a country on its economic growth. What factors influence the downfall of taxation?
- Review the impact of foreign currencies on the economic and labour growth of a country and its side effect on the tax collection process
- Study the role of people working in the taxation department and how it helps people make timely payments
- Discuss the necessary steps of improvements required to implement tax laws in the UK
- Compare the different types of taxation implemented on the citizens of the UK
If you need some law dissertation title examples, do check out our sample section.
How To Structure Your Law Dissertation Paper?
Now that you have enough suggestions for law dissertation topics let's discuss how to structure your law dissertation paper. Here are the major elements of your law dissertation structure:
This page should include the title of your dissertation and relevant details about the author (which in this case is you).
This section summarises what the reader can expect to find in the dissertation. You need to be concise while refraining from referencing or using any quote in this section. This section should be 150-300 words long.
Table of Contents:
This one is a no-brainer. You need to list the chapters and subsections in the order of their appearance in the paper.
The introduction should be crisp and introduce the topic to the readers in an interesting manner. The length of this section should be 10% of the entire paper, which measures up to around 1,000 to 1,500 words.
In this section, you need to explain what you are going to do for the dissertation and how you are planning to do it. In law dissertations, you are more likely to perform qualitative research. While there are several ways to do quantitative research, but for your legal dissertation, you need to derive information from scholarly journals/books or statute.
This section is basically a review of relevant theory and the latest information published on the topic. There are dissertations with no literature review, but that depends on the topic and the choice of the author.
This is where you need to present all the facts, findings and discoveries you made using the methodology. Mention all the primary and secondary data here. And make sure all the data are authentic.
In this section, you need to mention what you have discovered and what conclusion you have arrived at from it. Instead of being descriptive, provide a proper analysis of the findings.
In law dissertations, you should consider giving certain recommendations about the topic. It shows the analytical capability of your mind. The recommendations need to be sharp and precise.
These were the major elements of your law dissertation structure. However, you will also need to add a bibliography and appendices.
Need Further Assistance with Your Law Dissertation?
If you are still looking for support for your law dissertation paper, you can get the necessary assistance from our team of experts. At MyAssignmenthelp.com, we have qualified law experts from different branches of the field. No matter which law dissertation topics you choose, you can get quality assistance from our skilled and experienced dissertation writers . Moreover, you get to enjoy all the following features while availing our dissertation help services:
- Well-formatted, error-free solutions as per your instructions
- On-time delivery of the order even under a tight deadline
- Affordable pricing along with deals and discounts for everyone
- 24x7 active customer support with guaranteed instant response
- 100% plagiarism-free content with an on-demand report
- Free rework support for unfulfilled orders
- Safe and secure payment gateways for hassle-free transactions
- Complete privacy of client’s personal data
If you have any query regarding our law dissertation writing services , you can get in touch with our 24*7 Chat availability.
Submit Your Requirements
Most Important Frequently Asked Questions Searched By Students
Q.1 What is the best topic for a law dissertation?
The best topic suggestions for law dissertation papers are:
- The established relationship between domestic violence and criminal law
- The language of implications and causation for the layman
- An exploration of legal nudges and SME managers
- Employment laws in the digital age
- Pros and cons of organ transplantation as per guidelines
- Share similarities and difficulties between UK emigration and immigration
Q.2 What is a dissertation in law?
When pursuing a doctorate at your university, students are expected complete an official piece like a law dissertation. It comes with specific requirements that students are expected to fit in when composing a law dissertation paper.
Q.3 How do you write a topic for an LLB dissertation?
Here are the top tips on how to write an LLB dissertation topic flawlessly:
- Pick an inspiring topic for a law dissertation
- Do early research on your law dissertation topic
- Make sure to get in the zone
- Try seeing the bigger picture
- Get into the zone
- Make it easy to understand
Q.4 What is a law dissertation structure?
Here are the essential elements of a law dissertation structure:
- Title page
- Table of content
- Literature review
Q.5 How do I choose law dissertation topics for Ph.D.?
Here are a few tips to choose the finest law dissertation topic for a Ph.D. career:
- Develop a law dissertation topic that holds your interest
- Make sure to read everything on the subject
- Look for relevant data
- Read everything you can on the law subject
- Consult a mentor from a good law dissertation writing service
Find a theoretical basis for supporting your law dissertation topic