Debate Speech Topics
In the event that you’re searching for some of the most popular argument themes, you’ve arrived at the correct spot. Continue reading for good/interesting ideas, political and contentious issues to discuss, funny/silly topics to discuss, and much more. Continue reading for all of the information you need, including some amusing and contentious subjects!
Debates, among other things, are an excellent method to acquire information, develop critical thinking abilities, and enhance communication skills among peers. Despite the fact that arguing is important in and of itself, the subject you pick may make or break a debate at times. When you’re charged with arranging a discussion, it’s critical to choose a topic that will engage the audience.
Using humour to connect with people is a wonderful approach to build relationships. It goes without saying that it is also a lot of fun. Choosing amusing subjects virtually ensures that you will interest both your audience and your participants in your event.
However, you may be concerned that a light-hearted argument will be much too ridiculous to add any value to the conversation or help you to improve your rhetorical abilities. Moreover, although you should pick a fun debate subject with caution, they have a lot to offer in any debate setting. Posing a humorous question does not rule out the potential of a spirited discussion, since humour is just an additional characteristic of contentious issues. A good subject may lift people’s mood while also evoking other feelings at the same time. If you’re searching for something more controversial, check out our pages devoted to humorous controversial subjects and convincing controversial topics, which are both available on our website.
Take a look at some of the finest argument themes that you may want to use in class.
- All children should be required to do household duties.
- All pupils should be required to wear school uniforms at all times.
- Marijuana should be made legal in all 50 states.
- Online education is inferior to traditional classroom instruction.
- Women are objectified in beauty pageants.
- Cigarettes should be prohibited in all public areas, including workplaces.
- Homework should be prohibited at educational institutions.
- The legalisation of same-sex marriage is essential.
- Obesity is exacerbated by fast-food consumption.
- My government should make significant investments in renewable energy sources.
- Feminism is more harmful than beneficial.
- The minimum wage should be raised to a higher level.
- Consumerism is widespread, and it does a great deal of damage.
- Do males engage in more gossip than women?
- Is it true that women are more complex than men?
- Would the world be a better place if more women held leadership positions?
- Is there a distinct benefit to being a male as opposed to being a woman, or vice versa?
- Is it essential to have a significant age gap between two partners in an adult relationship?
- If given the choice, would you prefer to be impoverished and honest or wealthy and dishonest?
- Which superhero role would you like to play: the main protagonist or the sidekick?
- Which would you prefer: travelling 100 years ahead or 100 years back in time?
- Which would you prefer: the ability to fly or the ability to read people’s minds?
- Which superpower would you pick if you had the opportunity to have one?
- Which would you prefer: to be deaf or blind?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What if you ask the genie for an unlimited number of wishes?
- Which do you prefer: being a ninja or a pirate.
- How can you become good friends with your employer while you’re working for him or her?
- Is it better for people to eat in order to live or to live in order to eat?
- What do you think: Is social media making us more connected, or is it simply making it easier for individuals to stalk one another?
- Is Twitter contributing to a poisonous society or is it assisting us in staying connected?
- Is it preferable to be famous on TikTok than to be renowned on Instagram?
- Should Facebook include a ‘dislike’ option on its site?
- Is iOS a superior operating system to Android?
- Is DC a superior force to Marvel?
- Is Coca-Cola better than Pepsi?
- Are hotdogs sandwiches?
- Are square pizza slices better than triangles?
- Is the law too easy on celebrities?
- Which is the best Star Wars character?
- Are books better than movies?
- Does intelligent alien life exist?
- Is Friends better than How I Met Your Mother?
- What’s the best television show of all time?
- Is beauty more important than brains?
- Is rock n roll better than hip hop?
- Are introverts too quiet, or are extroverts too loud?
- Which is the real football – soccer or American football?
- Is music getting better or worse over time?
What is the most effective method of capturing the attention of college students? What about beer pong? That’s a possibility, but it’s outside of our purview at this time. In order to keep university students interested in a discussion, it may be helpful to choose a subject that is relevant to them – something that has something to do with their college experience!
- Which is more important to you: being excellent in tests or being good at sports?
- Is finals week a difficult time for students to endure?
- Are our graduation ceremonies becoming too monotonous?
- Are college degrees inherently overvalued?
- Which degree is more valuable: a medical degree or an engineering degree?
- STEM education is seen to be more useful than training in the humanities.
- Is it really worth it to get a business degree these days?
- Is it possible that college campuses have grown too “woke”?
- Should there be a “safe place” on every campus?
- Should dormitories be mixed-gender environments?
- Is spring break a waste of time?
- Should alcoholic beverages be permitted in dorms?
- Are college students consuming an excessive amount of alcoholic beverages?
- Is it preferable to be a member of the “jocks” or a member of the “nerds”?
- Are sports scholarships providing certain kids an unfair edge over their peers?
- Is cheerleading considered a sport?
Why Should You Choose Funny Debate Topics?
The explanation for this is pretty straightforward: everyone loves a good chuckle at someone’s expense. Most of this is because laughing produces a “feel-good-chemical” known as endorphin, which is essentially a natural painkiller in its own right. Oh my goodness, isn’t it cool? An entertaining discussion subject is sure to be warmly accepted, especially given the current state of the globe (mass devastation, hate crimes, and terrorism, to name a few examples). So, what exactly is it that’s holding you back? What is the point of participating in discussions in the first place?
Participating in debates is a fantastic method to improve your oratory abilities while also giving yourself a confidence boost at the same time. This is also a fantastic technique to overcome stage fright and overcome your apprehension of performing in front of a big group of people.
However, if you are not ready, to begin with, a contentious persuasive speech, a lighthearted discussion is an excellent option. A humorous discussion will also allow you to show off your personality in front of the audience. Who knows, it may even assist you in making a few new acquaintances.
Topics For A Laughable Debate
- Are you unable to think of any subjects you would want to discuss? Here are a few entertaining suggestions that the audience is sure to enjoy:
- What do you prefer: 15 minutes of glory or remaining behind the scenes?
- American Idol vs. The X Factor: Who Will Win?
- Bon Jovi vs. The Rock in the race for the White House
- Reasons why Friends is a superior show than How I Met Your Mother
- Going out or staying home and watching Netflix?
- The most memorable Star Wars character
- Is it true that age is a factor in a relationship?
- Men are more likely than women to gossip.
- Why it is important for kids to get their Hogwarts letter
- Which pizza toppings are the most delicious?
- Which is more important, attractiveness or brains?
- Medico-technical competition against.
- What qualities do women look for in a man?
- Why Coca-Cola is superior to Pepsi
- Which would you want to play: the hero or the sidekick?
- Everything in love and war is equal, right?
- Which is more famous, Instagram or Twitter?
- Twilight vs. The Vampire Diaries: Who Will Win?
- Is it possible for you to be best friends with your boss?
- Should people consume in order to survive or live in order to eat?
- Is it really essential to wear school uniforms?
- Is social media just making it simpler for individuals to monitor their friends and acquaintances?
- Is it better to listen to rock and roll or hip hop?
- What’s the big deal about bottled water vs tap water?