Essay writing is not an easy endeavor. You need to have a good grasp of the subject matter, writing style, and essay type. Most Writing an essay is one thing and developing a particular topic to write an essay is completely another. Often, the latter is said to be quite challenging and tricky for young minds. Unless you would come up with the perfect essay topic, preparing the final draft and the efforts made in order to acquire the right research ideas will simply go down the drain. No matter whether you would work on argumentative or persuasive essay topics, if you fail to know and understand how to proceed with the paper based on the process of a strong topic selection, things will never fall into the right place.
So, now that you are willing to know how to go about this chunk of criticality like a boss, simply invest some time in reading this blog.
Here’s everything you need to know!
The Basics Of Developing Essay Topics
Essay topics tend to pop up in various shapes and forms. From college essay topics to problem-solution essay topics – it’s an endless list. It has been seen, every 8 out of 10 students would end up perplexed, pertaining to the challenges of picking and developing ideal essay topics. Well, to simplify, there are basically 5 contributing elements encompassing a great essay topic.
- The right hook
- A Great plot
- Background history
- References and research insights
- Problem statement
Take a look below to delve deep into each of the elements mentioned above.
- The Right Hook
First things first, you got to make sure that the potential essay topic has enough scopes and opportunities for you to find the right hook and of course a unique one in all aspects. In such cases, it is important that you choose a topic you are genuinely interested in. There is no point in picking a narrow subject matter, only to realize that you have no strong ground or the right hook to initiate the paper with. Make sure you have a message to put across, a problem to resolve, and a perspective to put forth.
A Great plot
No matter whether there are high-school or college essay topics to work on, you should never miss out on developing a great plot prior to everything else.
Take a look at the following suggestions and know how to come up with the perfect plot for your next essay.
Lay focus on the primary topic or the subject matter associated with the essay.
Take some time to know more about the topic and dig deeper in order to find the less-visited or talked about facets associated with the subject matter.
Now, sit back and look for ideas and aspects that would essentially help you to come up with a nice plot.
For example, if you choose “Global Warming” as your essay topic, then don’t just talk about the generic points and contexts of discussion.
Rather, you should think out of box and look for unique ways to begin the essay with.
Here, for instance, you can lay stress upon the future of global warming, global warming in the era of digitization, global warming and the role of cyclones – so on and so forth.
The idea is to pick a topic that will allow you to conduct the right experiment across your niche of learning, develop unique plots and come up with the final draft with absolute precision and flawlessness.
Once you have decided on the plot and the right hook to proceed with, it’s time for you to lay focus on the background history. Why? Background history is undeniably the biggest source of data, information, and ideas to perch on.
For example, if the essay topic is based on “Video Games Addiction” then providing a brief history of video games and the very idea and concept of this phenomenon will allow your readers to know what’s in store for them.
Having said that, it is equally important for you to come up with genuine data and background information. You have to walk the extra mile, take a close look at the existing literature, look for the topic’s inception ground, and accumulate each data and contextual insight in the right manner. It is suggested to rely on the potential of genuine research archives and electronic libraries such as Google Scholar and the like.
References and research insights
This is as important as anything. No essay is the good essay if it lacks the right references and research insights at the end of the day.
Take note of the following suggestions and know how to go about this segment of criticality.
Refocus on the primary subject matter or the essay topic.
Sit back and decide on the right references to be drawn.
Evaluate whether the points of reference can be easily acquired or if you need to dig deep and figure out the real deal.
Check and confirm the referencing type or the citation format to be followed.
Make sure to extract each chunk of information and background data exclusively from trusted sites.
Avoid using references and ideas that are apparently repetitive or too drab to proceed with.
It goes without saying, you got to state at least a couple of problems associated with the essay topic. Unless you would come up with a couple of problems to elaborate on, you will not be able to find relevant solutions or closure to the same.
So, the idea is to look for a set of problems associated with the topic and go about the rest of the task in the following manner.
- Focus on the primary subject matter.
- See what problems are associated with the subject.
- Now, make it a point to identify and talk about at least 2-3 problems.
- Talk about the long-term goals and solutions you will be looking for.
- Make it a point to keep things precise yet impactful.
- Use simple words and put across your perspectives with utmost transparency.
Now that you are aware of the bigger picture, embrace the best practices and implement the best ideas for essay topics like a pro. If essay writing is an art, then you should aim to become the Picasso of it.
Things To Write An Essay On – The Do’s And Don’ts
Most of the time, it has been seen, students are found to ponder over the context of finding the right things to write an essay on and the ones that should be ignored or avoided. Now that you too are on the same page, wondering about the right things to write an essay on, take some time to take a look below and gauge the broader dimension in this context of the discussion.
Current Affairs And Global Events
These stances work wonders for students who aim to make an impression of excellence on their professors. There’s no denying the fact, the task of picking and developing good college essay topics is certainly no child’s play. Unless you are really successful in picking an alluring topic, things won’t turn out to be as good as you would expect.
So, what can be better than picking essay topics that are based on current affairs and global events? The idea is to keep an eye out for what’s going around, what global events are occurring these days and how they are relevant to your area of study and specialization.
Economics And Politics
There are a few topics that never go out of fashion. Economics and Politics are definitely the ones that get a special mention here. It is always safe and productive for students to write on essay topics related to Economics and Politics. There is a plethora of topics and interesting slants related to the subject matter of Economics. These include Green Economics, Economic Growth, Inequality and Poverty and more. You should essentially focus on picking topics that are less visited and elaborated on. On the other hand, you will get a myriad of topics related to Politics as well. These include World Politics, Political Theorists, State and Government, Politics by Country and more. So, you should choose your cards well, focus on the primary topic of the discussion and go about the final draft in the way it is supposed to be done.
Artificial Intelligence And Data Science
AI and Data Science are perhaps THE most important topics at this point and time. The future lies in the hands of artificial intelligence and data science. So, it would always be a wise decision to pick and work on good essay topics related to the essentials of AI and Data Science. In AI, you may choose topics or subject matters related to the correlation between AI and Human Beings, Neuromorphic Computing, Natural Language Processing, Broad Scale Machine Learning, Robotics and more. In Data Science, you may go ahead with topics related to Climate Change Impacts, Human Action Recognition, Forest Fire Prediction, Recognition of Speech Emotion and the likes. Remember, the potential essay topic should be rational and constructive enough to proceed with.
While these were only some of the most sought after things to write an essay on, you should ideally keep an eye out for other ideas for essay topics. These include Biotechnology, Philosophy, Archeology, Humanities and more.
Now that you have got the hang of the things to write an essay on, it’s time to take a look at the things you should ideally avoid while working on essays.
Here’s all you need to know.
- Do not pick topics that lack a strong base or enough scope for conducting the right research and analysis.
- Refrain from picking essay topics that are overly controversial in nature or the fact that they might hurt religious sentiments.
- Also, it is equally crucial that you avoid picking topics related to gambling endorsements, video game addictions, negative promotions, misleading claims, and the like.
Every academic stream of study encompasses certain values and ethics. So, you should always acknowledge the same and work on informative, compare and contrast or other essay topics under the sun. The idea is to pick a topic that allows you to maintain a fine balance between various research avenues and gives you enough insights and ideas into developing even a cliched topic in an interesting way.
Now that you are aware of the bigger picture in this context, let’s dig deeper and take a look at the most interesting essay topics examples you can consider in the next semester.
Myassignmenthelp.Com Offers 50+ Interesting Essay Topics:
How about some good essay topic examples? I am sure you too are looking for the same.
Here you go!
College Essay Topics
- Is global warming increasing the risk of mass human extinction?
- Smoking and drinking in public places should be banned once and for all
- Students should not be allowed to play violent video games
- Is there value in college semesters?
Can food be recycled or should we look for other alternatives?
- Things you have learned during the lockdown period
- Life Before and After the Covid-19 catastrophe
- Should music be a part of the college learning schedule
- Is there a need for education upliftment in your country?
- Who is the funniest person you have ever known?
Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should social media platforms be booked for collecting user data?
- Should cell phones be banned in certain countries?
- Should there be an ideal age for smoking and drinking
- Should parents limit mobile screen time for their kids?
- Examinations in schools and colleges should be abolished
- Children should not be allowed to play video games
- Certain books should be banned in your country
- Should middle schoolers have jobs like babysitters and café attendants?
- The world is in no need of political parties
Humans should start coping with the latest AI trends
Cause And Effect Essay Topics
- What factors lead to drug abuse and substance dependency among young people?
- What are the long-term effects of childhood bullying
- What are the factors behind failed marriages and an upward divorce graph?
- What makes some people depressive and negative?
- What are the effects of ignorance and unwillingness to learn new things?
- What causes volcanoes and how?
- What causes global warming and climate change, and how?
- The effects of stress and overthinking across different aspects of our lives?
- What factors and causes can lead to an alien invasion?
- What are the negative impacts of the internet and social media?
Narrative Essay Topics
- Describe the funniest moment you have ever experienced in your life
- Who is your role model and what makes you think so?
- A horrible incident that shook you like a thunderstorm
- A memorable moment of success and failure
- The most horrifying moment of your life
- Your first day or last day at school/college/job
- An incident that changed your life for the better
A person whom you love the most
A disastrous day at school or college
The toughest decision you have ever taken in your life
Descriptive Essay Topics
- Talk about your favorite place in your native town
- What is the most memorable moment of your life?
- What is your idea of a perfect world?
- Your idea of a perfect vacation
- My best friend and what I like the most about them
- My dream house and how I aspire to own it someday
- My first abroad trip and how was the overall experience
- My favorite movie character and plot
- My favorite musician and playback singer
- My first trip to the mountains
- My first encounter with a pet dog
- A celebrity you would like to meet
While these are only some of the most talked about and sought after essay topics, you should always keep an eye out for other important subject matters. These include Biotechnology, Political Science, Artificial Intelligence, Geography, Data Science and more.
Most Popular FAQs Searched By Students:
Q1. What Are The 10 Types Of Essays?
- Here are the ten major essay types.
- Narrative essay
- Descriptive essay
- Expository essay
- Definition essay
- Persuasive essay
- Compare and Contrast essay
- Process essay
- Argumentative essay
- Analytical essay
- Cause and Effect essay
2. Why Essay Writing Is Important?
Writing essays is an important aspect of pursuing a degree. It improves knowledge and aids the learning process by forcing you to clarify and sort out concepts. You also get to explore a lot of resources and learn to apply critical judgment. Moreover, you get to develop your writing skill, and teachers get to assess you based on the write-up.
3. What Is The Role Of Essay Topics In Essay Writing?
The lecturer provides the essay writing topic, which allows the student to reflect on their grasp of the coursework, critical analytical skills, and writing skills. Based on your understanding of the topic, you provide your perspective or information. And from this, the teachers get to judge your progress, and they provide feedback.
4. What Is The Best Essay Topic For Students?
The best essay topic for students depends on a number of factors. You have to first check the university requirements and the subject matter they want. Next, you have to figure out the type of essay you want to write. Based on that, you have to pick a catchy topic that will grab the attention of the others.
5. How Can I Write A Topic For My Essay?
If you wish to write an impressive topic for your essay, you would have to explore a few resources. For this, you need to check journals, websites, blog sites, dissertations, newspapers, social media sites and select a trending topic. And you need to make sure that you get valuable information on the topic. Finally, choose a title that would spark the interest of the readers.
6. What Are The 3 Good Topics For An Essay?
Here are the 3 good topics for an essay.
- Women empowerment
- The fight against drug
- Artificial Intelligence is the Future
7. What Are The Common Mistakes In Choosing An Essay Topic?
You cannot talk about a topic that is morally or legally unacceptable. Furthermore, most often, students choose a topic that is not as per the specification of the university. And, it has been seen that students often go for cliched or boring topics. Moreover, the topics they choose have a wide spectrum of aspects to be discussed about.
8. What Is Argumentative Essay And Examples?
An argumentative essay is a research paper that takes a stance on a contentious issue and attempts to give evidence in support of that stance. For instance, you can weigh in on the idea ‘whether fashion is important in this world or not,’ or ‘should single moms be given special privileges.’ You can also discuss whether we are too dependent on computers.
9. What Is A Good Topic For Literary Analysis?
Good topic for literary analysis would be social injustice in Oliver Twist or literary tools used in the Night by Elle Wiesel. You can choose ‘Toni Morrison’s views on the civil war’, a portrayal of love in Romeo and Juliet. You can talk about feminism in Sense and Sensibility.
10. What Are The Main Topics In Modern Literature?
There are a variety of topics in modern literature. You get to explore futurism, dadaism, expressionism, imagism. Furthermore, you will notice trends like alienation, transformation, the relativity of truth, and consumption in modern literature. To understand this, you can read Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad), The Waste Land by T.S. Eliot, etc.
11. What Are The Current Topics For Essay Writing?
If you are looking for current essay writing topics, you can talk about the COVID-19 situation, cybersecurity issues, or changes in the education system. You can talk about changes in the corporate sector too, owing to the introduction of AI, IoT, Cloud Computing, etc. Furthermore, you can look into political or social aspects.
12. How Do People Write Long Essays?
For writing long essays, you have to be systematic. You need to choose a topic, gather the resources, think about the thesis statement, make an outline, and get started. You need to focus on writing an impressive introduction, followed by an interesting body and a precise conclusion. Finally, proofread the content to rectify the mistakes.
13. How Do I Know What Type Of Essay To Write?
You may be told to write a specific type of essay in high school or university, or you may just be given ideas. Look for keywords that imply a certain strategy in these prompts. The word “explain” suggests you write an expository essay, “describe” asks for a descriptive essay, and “assess” or “argue” serves as prompts for an argumentative essay.
14. What Are The Things To Consider Choosing A Perfect Essay Topic?
When you choose essay topics, you need to look out for three aspects. Make sure that the topic is trending or that people are talking online about it. Next, check whether you will get enough resources about it, so that you can discuss it at length. Finally, ensure that there is an interesting aspect about the subject matter.
15. Do You Have Native Writers To Make A Perfect Essay Topic?
Yes, we have writers associated with our website in the USA. These experts are graduates from reputed universities like Harvard University, Princeton University, etc. Students all over the nation bestow their faith in our writers as they know the requirements of the educational institutions. Most importantly, they provide A+ grade content.
16. Why Should I Hire Myassignmenthelp.Com To Create A Good Essay Topic?
Our experts are highly qualified and experienced. They provide top-notch essays, as per request, well within the deadline. The content is well-researched, and you will find no plagiarism and grammatical errors. Furthermore, the experts make sure that they choose catchy titles, format the essay, and cite all the sources. And you get the assistance at a pocket-friendly price.
17. Why Is It So Hard To Write An Essay?
There are a number of factors that might make essay writing difficult for you. You might lack insight into the subject matter, or you might be unaware of the essay format or referencing styles. Most importantly, you might not have a good command over writing, organizing various points, or grammar.
18. Can You Write My Essay On All Types Of Essays?
Yes, our writers can provide content on all types of essay topics. Furthermore, they are proficient in writing expository, argumentative, exploratory, compare and contrast, informative essays, and much more. All you have to do is specify the assignment requirements and the deadline. Our writers will provide the required task on time.
19. What Is The Essay Format?
All essays have the same format. You begin with an introduction (where you include a hook, thesis statement, and a brief overview of the subject matter). Then you proceed to the body, where you analyze various aspects of the topic. And you end the essay with a succinct conclusion.
20. What Are The Important Parts Of An Essay?
All three sections of the essay- the introduction, body, and conclusion are crucial. However, the body of the essay is where you divulge different parts of the topic. It is also the section where you use most of the allotted word count. Usually, there are several subsections in the body of the essay.