Save Time & improve Grade
Just share requirement and get customized Solution.
Good Topics for Captivating Compare & Contrast Essays
Now that you have been assigned to write a compare and contrast essay, you must at first learn the basics of what such an essay usually entails. A compare and contrast essay is one of the most common forms of essay writing assignments for students. For compare and contrast essays, you will need to find out the common points or characteristics between two or more subjects that you will form the comparative analysis on and then identify the similarities and points of difference between those common points. Essentially, the compare and contrast essay requires you to present a commentary on the two subjects highlighting the similarities and differences between them. You may also form a thesis statement that indicates that one of the two subjects is superior and establish its superiority through your comparative analysis by stating facts to support your claim. Or else, you may also form a simple comparative study between the subjects indicating the points of similarities and differences between them. An impressive compare and contrast essay must contain the points in concise and lucid style along with plenty of supporting evidence and state the points of similarities and differences clearly. Since compare and contrast essays require a lot of in-depth research and efficient organisation, many students having troubles with their essays take help from the trusted online academic paper writing and custom writing services.
Approaches to a compare and contrast essay
While composing a compare and contrast essay, you can take any one of the two most popular approaches. Not all of us are professional paper writers or custom writers, so knowing about the two approaches will help you gain some amount of expertise on compare and contrast essays. In both the approaches, the comparing and contrasting between the two elements of inspection are discussed in depth and detail, highlighting the similarities and disparities that are found in them. However, the two approaches differ in the organisational structure of your compare and contrast essay. Simply put, while the introduction and the conclusion for both the approaches for compare and contrast remains the same, the body paragraphs are structured differently for the two approaches.
- Block Approach
The block approach for compare and contrast essay follows the rational pattern of discussing the main points in the light of one element and then the other, all listed in neat paragraphs within the body, and following a logical sequence. For example, let us assume there are two elements, namely A and B, that form the mainframe of the compare and contrast essay and there are three points of similarity and contrast among them. In the block approach, you will have to discuss points (i), (ii), and (iii) with respect to A in the first three body paragraphs, and the same points with respect to B in the next three body paragraphs. This way, the en-block approach for compare and contrast essays will determine the number of body paragraphs that your essay includes.
- Point-by-Point Approach
The point-by-point approach is a more comprehensive approach for the composition of compare and contrast essays. In case of the two elements of A and B that are the main objects of comparing and contrasting in your essay, you will need to structure the body paragraphs of the essay according to the points that they are similar or different in. So, for the body of the compare and contrast essay between A and B that have three points in similarity and difference, you will have three body paragraphs, each of which deals with a separate point of discussion. The three body paragraphs will discuss A and B simultaneously with respect to the points following the point-by-point approach.
Topics to Consider for Compare and Contrast Essays
Choosing a fascinating topic for your comparative essay has to be your top priority when assigned to write one, for the topic holds much power to influence the destiny of your assignment. The leading essay helpers, expert essay writers and deft essay typers all agree that choosing a topic is crucial to composing a winning compare and contrast essay. Whether it is on everyday matters, or specialised disciplines under science, or some new invention or discovery, the topic for your compare and contrast essay is crucial in determining your success story for the paper. To make the daunting task of choosing a topic an easy breeze for you, we have collected many refreshing compare and contrast essay topics for you under several disciplines and areas of interest. As per your requirements, you can pick one from the list provided below or frame one for your own, taking a cue from the ones we have presented here.
Compare and Contrast Literature Essay Topics
- Form a comparative analysis of the different poetic devices used in two or more poems of your choice for portraying the relationship between man and nature
- Compare and contrast two women protagonists from the classics of your choice in light of feminist theories
- Compare and contrast between two tragedies or comedies of William Shakespeare
- Form a comparative study between two popular literary works of fantasy genre (such as the Harry Potter series vs. The Lord of the Rings)
- Compare and contrast the storytelling methods of Edgar Allan Poe between two or more of his literary works
- Prepare a comparative study on the themes of isolation and lunacy as depicted in The Yellow Wallpaper and A Rose for Emily
- Form a comparative study of the characters of Achilles and Hector from Homer’s The Iliad with respect to their attitudes towards war and peace
- Compare and contrast between two female poets of your choice (such as Margaret Atwood and Maya Angelou)
- Explain the similarities and differences between the use of satire in George Orwell’s Animal Farm and 1984
- Discuss the points of similarity and difference between the characteristics of the protagonist and the antagonist in a classic novel of your choice
Compare and Contrast Society and social issues Essay Topics
- Compare and contrast between the traditional Japanese family structure and the American nuclear family structure
- Present a comparative analysis of the beauty standards and social constructs emerging from the portrayal of beauty in magazines and media in two or more nations
- Compare and contrast between the permissive and authoritative styles of parenting and the effects on the socialisation of the child
- Prepare a comparative study of two or more branches of feminist theories
- Explain the points of similarities and differences between the contributions of Auguste Comte and Herbert Spencer to social studies
- Form a comparative study about the effects of traditional learning and smart learning with special emphasis on the adolescents’ development in a school setting
- Compare and contrast between the categories and intensities of prejudice and discrimination faced by ethnic minorities as opposed to sexual minorities
- What are the similarities and dissimilarities between virtual dating and real-life dating on youngsters of your country?
- Prepare a comparative study on the nature and intensity of violence observed in schools and violence observed in the workplace
- Compare and contrast the influences of music and the influences of the Internet in the youth of the digital era
Compare and Contrast Science and technology Essay Topics
- Explain the similarities and differences between the functions and operations of Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Compare and contrast between renewable and non-renewable energy
- Form a comparative study on the definition, categories, threat rate, and features of hurricanes and tornadoes
- Prepare a comparative study on the DNA structure of chimpanzees and humans
- Form a comparative study of traditional hard drives and SSD hard drives
- Compare and contrast between a virus and a bacterium
- Science and technology: a comparative study on the relational dynamics and similarities between the two
- Compare and contrast the possibilities of global warming being a myth as opposed to it being a reality
- Form a comparative study of the relational dynamics between cell phones and cancer
- Design a comparative analysis of the old and traditional maps and the mapping software of the new age
Compare and Contrast Art and culture Essay Topics
- Prepare a comparative study of Greek and Roman architecture
- State the similarities and dissimilarities between two or more categories of theatre
- Form a comparative analysis of Abstract Art and Cubism
- Compare and contrast between the popular culture of the 1960s and the popular culture of the 2000s
- Form a comparative study of two paintings by Vincent Van Gogh and Pablo Picasso
- Prepare a comparative analysis of the outdoor art of Paris and Barcelona
- Compare and contrast between the sculpture of David by Michelangelo and Bernini
- Describe the varying influences of Latino and African-American culture in the society
- Form a comparative study of oil painting and watercolour painting
- Compare and contrast between the works of art stored and displayed in two or more museums situated in the same city
Compare and Contrast Politics Essay Topics
- Compare the different welfare programmes adopted by the American and Canadian governments
- Form a comparative study of the Republican conservatives and the Democratic liberals
- The politics of gender: a comparative study between men and women politicians
- Describe the political systems within the democratic framework of two countries of your choice
- The politics of religion: a comparative study of Islamic and Christian political thoughts
- Form a comparative analysis of the similarities and differences between the rural and urban political parties
- Compare and contrast between the types and functions of agenda and oratory in politics
- Prepare a comparative analysis of the responses to terrorism as adopted by the different political parties
- Compare and contrast between monarchy and autocracy
- Explain the similarities and differences between classical liberalism and modern liberalism
Compare and Contrast Marketing and management Essay Topics
- Form a comparative study of marketing and sales
- Compare and contrast between tactical and strategic management
- Prepare a comparative study of two or more automation vendors
- Compare between democratic and autocratic styles of management and state which is more effective and why
- Compare the marketing strategies and techniques adopted by two leading organisations within a particular sector or industry (such as Audi and BMW, Gucci and Chanel, or Nike and Adidas)
- What are the points of similarity and contrast between administration and management
- Form a comparative study between management by exception and management by objective
- State the main points of differences and similarities between two or more marketing research companies or agencies
- Define the similarities and dissimilarities between leadership and management
Compare and Contrast History Essay Topics
- Compare and contrast between the Russian propaganda of modern times and the Russian propaganda during the Cold War
- Form a comparative analysis of the lifestyle of Pterodactyls and the modern birds with regard to the climate and environment of the earth
- Compare and contrast between the different forms and systems of slavery as depicted in the Bible with that of the Caribbean slaves
- What are the common bases and the differences in the philosophies of Frederick Engels and Karl Marx?
- Form a comparative analysis of the effects and nature of damage brought on by the bubonic plague and smallpox
- Compare and contrast the empires of Ancient Rome and native Americans
- Prepare a comparative analysis of the effects of Buddhism and Christianity in the history of China
- State the points of similarities and differences between the Egyptian and Mesopotamian civilisations
- Compare and contrast between the struggles towards ending apartheid in Jamaica and South Africa
- What were the main points of similarities and differences between the military strategies used by Napoleon and Hitler in their conquests?
Compare and Contrast Movies and music Essay Topics
- Explain the similarities and dissimilarities between rap music and hip hop music
- Form a comparative analysis of Divergent and The Hunger Games
- Compare and contrast the music of The Backstreet Boys with the music of The Beatles
- Prepare a comparative study of Batman and Superman
- Compare and contrast between the portrayal of vampires in Dracula and Twilight
- What are the similarities and differences between normal screenings and 3D screenings in the movies?
- Compare and contrast between two cult pop music figures (such as Prince and Michael Jackson)
- Form a comparative analysis of two or more movies from the Star Wars series
- Explain the similarities and differences between jazz and rock music
- Compare and contrast the processes and ideologies of filmmaking through American cinematography as opposed to French cinematography
Compare and Contrast Education Essay Topics
- Compare the contrast the systems of homeschooling and public schooling
- What are the differences between didactic and dialectic approaches to education?
- Explain the similarities and differences in the teaching resources and pedagogy of traditional learning and online learning
- State the differences between the traditional methods of education and alternative methods of education
- Discuss the functions of education with respect to imparting reasoning ability in comparison with imparting occupational skills
- What are the primary similarities and differences between the roles of education in developing emotional quotient as opposed to intelligence quotient?
- Prepare a comparative analysis of the different methods of teaching for the young learners and the adult learners
- Compare and contrast between public education and private education at the different stages of learning
- Explain the differences in the philosophies and outcomes of the arts subjects vs. science subjects debate
- Discuss the contrasting roles of the parents and teachers in the development of a child’s personality at the early stages of schooling
Compare and Contrast Miscellaneous Essay Topics
- Compare and contrast between two retail shop chains selling the same type of products (such as Walmart and Target)
- What are the similarities and differences in the approach towards abortion laws for women in two or more nations in the world?
- Prepare a comparative analysis of the music and lyrics of two songs within the same genre
- Form a comparative study on the effects of illegal immigration in developed country as opposed to the developing nations of the world
- Compare and contrast between the concepts of marriage and cohabitation
- Prepare a comparative analysis between two main divisions in Christianity: Catholicism and Protestantism
- Compare and contrast between the nature and effectiveness of vegan diet and vegetarian diet
- Explain the similarities and differences between two contrasting public figures
- Compare and contrast between the benefits of playing outdoor sports and playing video games
- Form a comparative analysis between the assassinations of John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln
Pro tips for composing a compare and contrast essay
Although there are plenty of cheap essay writing services available online nowadays for students struggling to put pen to paper for their scholastic assignments, you can try your hand at composing a good compare and contrast essay on your own at first. And that starts from choosing a topic. Now that you have got that out of the way with the help of our assortment of amazing topics for your compare and contrast essay, it is time to plan and start preparing to write the essay. Here are some quick tips by the experts on composing a captivating compare and contrast essay that is sure to impress your professors.
- First and foremost, lay out the plan for writing you compare and contrast essay right after you finalise on a topic. Carefully examine the topic and the two or more objects, places, people, or characteristics that you are required to bring into the light of comparison and prepare a list of points of contrast and similarities between them.
- Select the most crucial points among the list and organise them in a logical manner with proper transitions. Whether you are following the point-by-point or the block approach, you need to prepare the first draft of your essay with great care as it forms the basis for the final draft.
- While composing the body paragraphs, bring in connecting phrases and sentences for ensuring smooth transitions between the different points in your essay. The introduction, body, and the conclusion of the essay must follow a rational transition coupled with examples and a comparative narrating style in the whole document.
- Do not introduce new points in the conclusive paragraph. Summarise the entire essay and restate the thesis statement mentioned in the introductory paragraph to bring the essay to a full circle. The conclusive paragraph should contain no new information, yet has to be a summary of your final thoughts on the two or more matters about which you formed the comparative study.
- Lastly, make sure to revise your essay multiple times. You can always take help of professional essay editors and experienced essay proofreaders at this stage if revising your long-drawn compare and contrast essay seems tad too troubling for you.
Armed with a host of fresh ideas for topics to choose for your compare and contrast essay as well as pro tips on how to nail one, you can now go ahead to compose an essay that is sure to leave a lasting impression on the minds of your readers. Good luck with your compare and contrast essay!
Are you facing a writers’ block with your compare and contrast essay? Breathe easy and get prompt solutions tailor-made to your needs through the professional custom writing services at MyAssignmenthelp.com.
There is no need to panic if you come across hurdles and difficulties in the process of writing impeccable assignments, trust the team of professional custom writers and essay helpers at MyAssignmenthelp.com to come to your aid when you need them the most. We offer impressive essay writing and paper writing services for academic assignments covering a wide variety of essay writing topics under any discipline or specialisation with the help of our in-house experienced paper writers and essay writers. You will be able to find effective essay help and all the scholastic solutions for your assignments at MyAssignmenthelp.com. A one-stop solution to all your scholastic woes for over a decade, we offer our impeccable academic writing services for thesis, research papers, dissertations, homework, term papers, coursework, case studies, essays, and so much more. Here is a quick glance at the unique features of our stellar writing services that make us the most reliable academic writing website among thousands of students from reputed universities.
- Expert knowledge
Having over 4000 highly qualified scholars and PhDs from universities of global repute, tackling any essay topic under the sun is thus a cakewalk for us. We are able to provide expert help on multiple disciplines with the help of the invaluable knowledge of our in-house writers.
- Assurance of quality
Quality assurance is one of the best features about our impressive range of academic writing services. We have a team of deft essay editors and scores of experienced essay proofreaders who go through each assignment and weed out all the factual, grammatical, or typographical error.
- Zero plagiarism: guaranteed
Valuing originality more than anything else, we run each of the assignments that we compose through multiple plagiarism checkers to ensure that what you get is 100% original in content.
- Prompt deliveries
Our team of dynamic and super-speedy essay typers ensure that we are able to deliver all the impeccably written and well-referenced assignments right on time.
- Unbelievable prices
You will be astounded by the student-friendly prices of our stellar academic writing services custom-made to suit your needs and requirements to the T to ensure that availing our services do not leave you digging too deep into your pockets.
- User-friendly navigation
The user-friendly navigational features at MyAssignmenthelp.com lets you avail cheap essay help for all your academic assignments with just a few clicks and taps along with specifying all the requirements like word count, topic, formatting style, referencing guidelines, and the deadline.
- Secure payment portal
The secure payment gateway at MyAssignmenthelp.com enables you to pay for your assignments using Internet banking, credit or debit card, or your PayPal account.
- Round-the-clock customer support
Our customer support team is there for you at any time of the day or night and will be able to help you with all queries or problems regarding your assignments.
For immaculate assignments that fetch you superb grades, place an order with MyAssignmenthelp.com right now to say a fond goodbye to all your study troubles forever!