Walmart Case Study: Swot & Pestle Analysis, Business and Marketing Strategies with Answers and Solutions
Why is Walmart so successful? That’s what a Walmart SWOT analysis determines. However, to find the cause, you must know the roots, right? That's why here is a brief story on Walmart by our case study help experts.
The journey of Walmart began when Sam Walton, an American businessman, established Walmart in 1962 in Rogers, Arkansas, concentrating its early expansion in rural areas to stay out of direct rivalry with retailing behemoths like Sears and Kmart. During all this time, Walton created a Walmart mission statement that promised: "The lowest prices anytime, anywhere."
Hence, as it expanded, the business became a huge success within just five years of its beginning!
It created fresh retail models, including Sam's Club bargain warehouses (1983) and Walmart Supercentres (1988). And just like that, Walmart turned out as one of the biggest grocery retailers in the USA within ten years of launching the Supercentres, which combined grocery and merchandise.
Walmart became the largest retailer in the United States in 1990 because of its emphasis on consumer attention, cost management, and efficiency in its distribution networks, which are also elements of the business model.
The above is just one per cent of what you will cover in your Walmart's case study answers. But that doesn't mean you have to wake up late at night and struggle yourself preparing Walmart's SWOT & PESTLE analysis.
List of Sections:
- Walmart History Timeline
- Walmart SWOT Analysis
- Walmart PESTLE Analysis
- Walmart Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Values
- Walmart Business Strategy
- Walmart Pricing Strategy
- Amazing Facts about Walmart
- The Biggest Purchase in Walmart History
- Types of Help with Walmart Case Study
- Walmart Case Study Answers and Solutions
Walmart History Timeline
The history of Walmart is filled with noteworthy incidents and significant occasions, and our experts have made the best way possible to provide you with Walmart case study help with straight point-out facts.
Here is a quick look of that Walmart's history timeline:
- Walmart opened its first location in Rogers, Arkansas, on July 2, 1962.
- With 1,200 stores open worldwide, Walmart is a success on a global scale in its 25th year of operation. In the same year, the retailer makes $15.9 billion in sales.
- The first Walmart superstore, which merged a food store and regular Walmart stores, opened.
- Walmart surpassed all other U.S. retailers in 1990 and generated more than $26 billion in sales.
- Walmart expands its reach by opening a new location in Mexico City.
- In 1996, Walmart opened its first location in China.
- Walmart's sales hit $100 billion in 1997.
- 2005: With $312 billion in revenue, the year brought record-breaking profits.
- 2007: Walmart changes its brand positioning, switching from "Always Cheap Prices, Always" to "Save Money Live Better."
- 2017: Walmart announces free two-day delivery to more effectively compete with online retail giants like Amazon and eBay (EBAY - Get Free Report).
- 2018: Walmart Stores, Inc. is replaced with Walmart, Inc. in a notable corporation name change.
Now, you can learn from these insights that Walmart has never stopped changing or developing its established strategies. And this is a good sign of a successful business firm.
You can include them in your Walmart case study analysis or call us for more in-depth learning.
Get Walmart Case Study Help
Walmart SWOT and PESTLE Analysis
Our experts are aware of the need for Walmart case study help since not all resources are accessible to students for availing valid information. This is also why students require more time to prepare Walmart's SWOT & PESTLE analysis.
Thus, to guide you on that, here are the factors to focus in Walmart case study analysis -
Walmart SWOT Analysis
- Walmart Strengths: Prices are drastically lower than its competitors.
- Walmart Weaknesses: Being the most well-known retailer, Walmart is widely criticised for its actions or policies.
- Walmart Opportunities: For the business, expanding its global reach might be a great way to connect with additional customers.
- Walmart Threats: E-commerce websites and growing competition from the unorganised sector may impact Walmart's operations.
Walmart PESTLE Analysis
- Walmart Political Factors on Government Policies and Regulations: Walmart is involved in many political matters. In fact, during the past 20 years, Walmart has steadily expanded its lobbying costs.
- Walmart Economic Factors on the Policies of Other Nations: The "Labour Cost" is one of the significant economic aspects influencing Walmart's performance.
- Walmart Social Factors on Changing Society: Walmart's e-commerce services are only available in 11 nations, which is an advantage for its competitors.
- Walmart Technological factors: Walmart has developed a mobile application where shoppers can keep track of the various Walmart locations and products.
- Walmart Legal factor: Walmart is often in the headlines due to new legal issues. For example, Walmart has recently been involved in gender discrimination against women.
- Walmart Environmental factors: Walmart has established a goal that by 2025, it will obtain 50% of the energy needed for its operations from renewable sources.
To get more such insights, avail our Walmart case study help.
Get Free Quote
Walmart Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Values
Walmart is the leading marketing corporation which stands as an example of consumer-oriented service. And to know how, understanding Walmart's mission statement, Walmart's vision statement and Walmart's core values is highly essential.
Hence, here is a precise context for Walmart's case study help that can benefit you.
Read below -
Walmart's mission statement
"Helping people across the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores and through ecommerce" is a concise way to describe Walmart's mission statement.
This statement also makes it apparent that one of Walmart's business strategies is pricing to attract target customers. Several of the retail company's strategies are observable examples of the importance of such a selling factor. For instance, low prices are one of the 4Ps in Walmart Inc.'s marketing mix.
Walmart's vision statement
Next, Walmart's vision statement that reflects the strategic adjustments Walmart makes in response to shifting market conditions and the general state of the international retail sector. It places a strong premium on corporate adaptability when serving clients. For instance, "no matter how they choose to shop" refers to the company's strategic goal of dominating traditional brick-and-mortar retail, internet shopping, or e-commerce.
Walmart's core values
Lastly, Walmart's core values which include - 'servicing the client', 'respect towards every individual', 'pursue excellence' and 'company's act with the value of integrity', have aided Walmart in becoming the biggest store in the world. Here, the mission is to serve the customers and provide opportunities to millions of families by being a member of Walmart.
Now, if you go through the previously published Walmart case study analysis, there is one truth that will never be denied- the techniques employed by Walmart are what will allow it to expand in the future.
And why not, given that Walmart's success is founded on both its distinctive business model—everyday low prices (EDLP)—and the value it provides to customers? And all these come from the foundation they have led through Walmart's mission statement.
Walmart Business Strategy
If you are clueless as to which striking factors signify Walmart's business model, the list can go on since this organisation has been evolving continuously.
But since you have come to us for Walmart case study help, below are the essential facts you must know -
Walmart business model
Walmart's vision of 'selling goods at a low price' is the key to its achievements. Focusing on Walmart's target market, it has formulated certain strategies like keeping operating costs low, utilising cutting-edge technology etc.
Next is Walmart's 'enhanced client services', which include a return policy of 90 days without a receipt, digital technologies to streamline the shopping process, and a commitment to exceptional customer service.
Thirdly, Walmart's approach to 'building a strong supply chain' enables it to deliver goods to customers efficiently.
Fourth comes Walmart's 'prioritising operational costs low' as it allows it to maintain lower prices. In fact, Walmart uses recent technology to set up distribution centres and warehouses in key regions to help it keep operational and overhead expenses down.
Walmart competitive advantages
Over the years, the Walmart case study analysis has talked about the non-replaceable advantages, which include - Walmart's brand equity, EDLP pricing, the retail network, the product line, the quality of the company's customer service, and its financial performance.
These factors are still powerful and make Walmart the first choice for every consumer.
Walmart's target market and marketing strategies
When learning about Walmart's marketing strategies, the first thing that our marketing experts suggest is exploring the 4Ps of Walmart. Hence below is an illustration of that -
- Pricing – Walmart maximises its profits by keeping prices low and emphasising bulk purchases.
- Product - Walmart features a vast selection of products in practically every category.
- Promotions- You will find a series of sales & discounts throughout the year.
- Store location - Walmart's strategies on building stores in or close to urban areas and areas with concentrated populations of consumers.
Click & Learn
Walmart Pricing Strategy
When students are asked about Walmart's pricing strategy, the first thing that comes to mind is the extremely low prices. But it doesn't end here. What about the elements that impact the pricing strategies? Who is focused on when setting the price value?
To help you with many such insights, our experts providing Walmart case study help have listed below a detailed on the pricing strategies of Walmart -
- Instead of overcharging for its goods, Walmart maximises its profits by keeping pricing reasonable and emphasising volume sales.
- Walmart is renowned for its excellent price-negotiation techniques, which help to keep costs down.
- Because of diversification, different products that complement a given product can assist in increasing sales of other products if it doesn't receive enough attention.
- The supply chain is made more efficient by universal barcoding and stock-keeping unit (SKU) systems, which allows prices to decrease.
- Big-ticket products like furniture and appliances are financed at Walmart. The consumer law's initial framework is preserved in this way.
But the next thing that we wonder about is – “Why is Walmart so successful?” The answer is the pricing tactics themselves.
Yes, Walmart has a competitive advantage in the market thanks to its business strategy and pricing techniques focusing on affordability and not luxurious standards.
Walmart has distinguished itself by concentrating on cost reduction, providing cheap pricing, putting in place a cutting-edge inventory management system, and using economies of scale.
Walmart has also been able to maintain low costs and provide customers with incomparable value because of this strategy. As a result, Walmart has gained a substantial market share and can provide clients with a range of goods and services.
To learn more about Walmart's case study analysis, ping us!
Get the Best Solutions
Amazing Facts about Walmart
Here are some interesting Walmart facts that indicate tell you why is Walmart so successful:
- Walmart's approach is built around its Everyday Low Pricing (EDLP) initiative.
- Walmart allows local store managers to choose each store's offerings rather than leaving that up to the central offices.
- Walmart was setting the bar for merchandising technology in the 1980s. They put into practice radiofrequency technology, computerised inventory systems, and uniform product codes (UPC), all of which helped the company.
- In 27 countries, Walmart operates more than 11,000 stores and subsidiaries, including 600 Asda stores in the United Kingdom and 300 Seiyu supermarkets in Japan.
- Walmart will soon use robots with artificial intelligence built in that are designed to collect data while mopping floors!
Reading these facts indicates only one thing - Walmart's accomplishment in making its mission statements into reality. The last point indicates Walmart's approach towards newer business methods to adapt to the fast-running technology. This is also why Walmart has successfully been running its only stores, even where there aren't any physical stores!
To learn more on such insights for Walmart case study Analysis,
Click to Connect
The Biggest Purchase in Walmart History
Walmart is not just a place where one can go for affordable purchases, but some interesting incidents also took place there! The biggest purchase in Walmart's history was witnessed at Walmart back in 2008.
After a 2008 trade from the Miami Heat to the Phoenix Suns, Shaq claimed in an appearance on HBO's "Real Sports" that he didn't have anything for his new residence and had to go to Walmart to buy some necessities. But what he did next was incredible- he spent $70000 at Walmart!
Yes! That's the biggest purchase ever done in Walmart and a sale by Walmart.
O'Neal claimed that he purchased everything from furnishings to outfits to luxuries after arriving.
The Impact of the biggest purchase on Walmart's business
What you read above might give you thoughts like - 'incredible', 'crazy', 'millionaire person' etc. But as a student writing a Walmart case study analysis, you cannot overlook that this huge purchase has raised Walmart's customer value.
This could not have been possible if the price of Walmart's products weren't lower. Also, the availability of large stock of goods makes the purchasing higher. And all of these made one thing specific - anyone can buy in great quantities without fearing the price tag only at Walmart.
Drop your doubts in our chat box to get more Walmart case study help.
Connect with Us
Types of Help with Walmart Case Study We Provides
Here are the types of solutions you will get when you avail our Walmart case study help -
- Walmart Marketing Case Study: For any Walmart marketing case study solutions, get help from our professionals.
- Walmart Business Strategy Case Study: Get 24x7 Walmart business strategy case study help with added references.
- Walmart Human Resources Case Study: You can avail of free samples for Walmart human resources case study help.
- Walmart Competitive Analysis Case Study: To write any Walmart competitive analysis case study, avail help from our marketing experts.
- Walmart SWOT Analysis Case Study: Chat and discuss with us to get Walmart's SWOT analysis case study help.
- Walmart Financial Analysis Case Study: Drop your queries on our live chat box when needing Walmart financial analysis case study help.
- Walmart Organisational Behaviour Case Study: You can get an abundance of essays on Walmart's organisational behaviour.
- Walmart Supply Chain Management Case Study: You can also get readymade samples and write your Walmart supply chain management case study without help.
- Walmart Ethical Case Study: Call us for Walmart's ethical case study help from anywhere globally.
- Walmart International Expansion Case Study: Get Walmart international expansion case study help from our team of retired professors for better answers.
- Walmart Crisis Management Case Study: Get flawless solutions for the Walmart crisis management case study with our help.
- Walmart Corporate Social Responsibility Case Study: Learn more about Walmart's corporate social responsibility case study with the help of our CSR experts.
- Walmart Innovation Case Study: Avail the best Walmart innovation case study with the help of our MBA experts.
- Walmart Brand Management Case Study: You can also learn more about Walmart's brand management case study with the help of our one-to-one communication.
Upload your requirements
Walmart Case Study Answers and Solutions
The first thing that most students ask us is the availability of Walmart case study topics for answers and guidance. Well, here we are. Check below to explore a wide range of topics which you can find here, and prepare your Walmart case study solution with ease.
Here are those topics -
- Walmart ethical issues question and solutions
- Walmart supply chain question and solutions
- Walmart inventory management question and solutions
- Walmart supply chain management question and solutions
- Walmart the future is sustainability question and solutions
- Walmart data analytics question and solutions
- Walmart digital transformation question and solutions
- Walmart corporate social responsibility question and solutions
- Walmart Mexico bribery question and solutions
- Walmart's global strategy question and solutions
- Walmart's cost of capital question and solutions
- Walmart's competitive advantage question and solutions
- Walmart information systems question and solutions
- Valuing Walmart stock question and solutions
- Walmart ERP question and solutions
- Walmart in china question and solutions
- Walmart in India question and solutions
- Case study Walmart manages ethics and compliance challenges
- Walmart distribution network question and solutions
- Walmart case study Harvard solution
Apart from accessing topic-based answers, you can get Walmart case study solutions through samples, some of which are mentioned here with links as well -
What Is Walmart’s Human Resource Management Strategy?
Our experts, who offer a case study on strategic human resource management, suggest that Walmart’s human resource management strategy is crucial for the success of its business. Using the company's retail service, they offer convenience and efficiency to shoppers and help attain better business output. The company’s human resource management helps to enhance the output of the personnel and thereby increases its sales. By planning human resources, the company expands its adequate workforce. Effective job analysis and design help the company to meet its specific human resource needs. Using these simple strategies, Walmart can maintain its 2 million employees to offer adequate services and expand its consumers.
How Does Walmart Handle HR Issues?
- Analyse the fitting of the employees:
Our experts who have solved case study strategic human resource management suggest that the primary problem Walmart faces is with the fitting of its employees. To create a case study of strategic human resource management in Walmart stores answers, our experts highlight that Walmart hr practices the method of candidate analysis to determine if the employee fits well in the specific business environment.
The Walmart human resource management strategy of performance appraisal helps Walmart human resources to analyse and improve the performance of its employees. They also give feedback to improve the workforce’s performance. Apart from that, there is specific software in Walmart's human resources for employees for Walmart’s performance management. Our experts who help create a short case study on shrm with a solution suggest that students must mention that these specific actions help Walmart's human resource management to adjust the job responsibilities, goals and objectives of every employee under the payroll of Walmart.
Our team of 5000+ writers who develop strategic human resource management case study with solutions
have noticed another significant issue faced by Walmart hrm. It is the low morale and tardiness. To deal with this situation, Walmart's hrm strategy has been tweaked. It has brought in job rotation, elasticity, incentive and acknowledgement to acknowledge employees' approaches and achievements.
What Is The Policy Of Walmart Human Resources For Employees?
Sometimes students visit the door of our experts and ask for solutions for hr functions strategy and policy case study on Walmart. In that case, our experts, who are famous for solving any Walmart human resources issues, suggest highlighting the following points of the Walmart HR policy in the Walmart strategy and policy case study:
While creating Walmart case study answers, our writers emphasise on t the code of conduct followed by the organisation. It defines acceptable and non-acceptable behaviour and other principles of conduct of the employees.
Therefore, while creating a case study of strategic human resource management in Walmart stores answers, it is important to mention recruitment methods. Usually, Walmart's recruitment policy includes the essential qualifications and criteria for selecting a candidate and the modes through which candidates can apply for a position at Walmart. In case the company has a referral program, it is also mentioned in this policy.
- Termination of employment
Our experts who assist students in developing strategic human resource management case study with solution and advice to include hard details like termination of employment. It contains details like:
- The grounds on which employees are terminated from an organisation
- The method employees must choose to submit their letter of termination
- The number of days a candidate must serve a notice period
What Is The Role Of The HR Manager In Walmart Company?
Ask our experts, "Can you provide me with a strategic human resource management case study with a solution in pdf” and you will get to learn even the minute job responsibilities of an HR manager in Walmart. Our experts, who offer shrm case study with solutions, suggest the 3 primary roles of an HR manager at Walmart:
While writing a Walmart case study solution, when students discuss talent management roles in the organisation, they must highlight the points like recruitment, development and retaining of employees. The talent management work encompasses advertising the available positions on various job portals and the company’s website job boards, finding candidates through a job fair, and pasting the workforce requirement in social media portals.
- Compensation to employees
While talking about human resource strategy and HR roles in the Walmart case study, compensation forms an essential part. It includes examining the payment given by employers of other organisations or business rivals, creating job descriptions in consultation with the department managers, creating succession planning, etc. Maintaining workplace safety
Walmart's human resources handle issues related to workplace safety. Retail stores like Walmart deal with bulks of products. Therefore, accidents can easily happen in this type of organisation. Our experts who create a case study of strategic human resource management in Walmart stores answer stress by highlighting this point. HR must focus on offering employees safety training and maintaining fatalities and major injuries in the organisation along with the employees' compensation filings.
How To Write A Great Walmart HRM Case Study?
Our experts suggest taking the following steps to create a case study of strategic human resource management in Walmart stores answers:
- Go through the instructions:
The first step our experts suggest taking to create a Walmart case study solution is to read the instructions. Most students make mistakes by scanning the instructions, but a deeper study of the guidelines is required to understand what the professors expect from them, and the time they have to complete the task.
- Prepare for the case study
Writing a Walmart human resource management strategy case study differs from designing any other assignment. The preparations are not limited to writing assignments, but instead, they must include building questionnaires, conducting interviews and collecting relevant information.
- Arrange the collected data
The third step students must take for creating a strategic human resource management case study with a solution is to arrange the collected data and create a roadmap to do the case study. It will make the writing process easy and become an option to fall back on while moving astray during writing the academic paper.
Composing the case study is important in developing a Walmart case study solution. Students must include all relevant facts and information in the accurate section of the document to make the paper unique and avoid setting the paper as plagiarised.
The final step to highlight Walmart's human resources issues and solutions is editing the created paper. The best way to edit a solution is to take at least a two-week break from the case study and start reading it from backwards. It will bring to light all the issues evident in the Walmart case study writing and solve them immediately for flawless solutions.
Other Case Study Covered By Myassignmenthelp.Com