Save Time & Improve Grades
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
How To Write A Good History Essay That Can Earn You Top Marks?
The purpose of this blog is to guide university fresher with step-by-step instructions on how to write a history essay. Through the next few pages, you can find the ultimate guide to writing history essays. Essays on historical topics have its own texture and style of writing. It does not necessarily match English or Science essay writing style.
Following a strict rubric is effectual in true sense! You need to focus on a proper structuring in order to bind your essay together. In this blog, you can find illustrations on how to input in-depth information in spite of choosing topics that have a smaller scope.
Before grasping the tricks to crack the code, learn the topics that are crawling up the chart! Choose one from these trendy ideas and assure A+ grade in your upcoming essay assignment.
Trending topics that are perfect for a History Essay
- England’s Industrial Revolution (you can also cover the whole of Europe)
- Essay on Martin Luther King from the aspects of social justice, race and power of non-violent protest
- Specific changes over the period of Civil Rights Movement
- Imprisonments, beheadings and trials during French Revolution
- Ben Franklin: An instrumental personality of American Revolution
- Critique on The Weimar Republic: A failed German Government
- Post-war Vietnam has been relatively a success story
- America’s invasion of Iraq marks the rise of terrorism
- Impact of knights and Feudal law in everyday life
- The abolition of slavery
After you choose a suitable theme for your essay, know how to proceed. Here are certain factors that you must nurture while writing a history essay.
Influencing factors define “how to write a history essay?”
- Analyze the topic and determine the key points
One of the crucial steps is to understand the subject of the question. You have to figure out what exactly the question demands. Based on that, you have to judge the format of information you are going to provide. Once you get along with the theme, you can comprehend the way to treat it.
Ask yourself a few questions in order to dig deeper into the matter –
- Does the topic demand list of reasons?
- Is one big reason enough to define the historical period?
- What should be the aspect of reasoning?
- What is the extent of the question?
The moment you get the answers to these doubts, assess and evaluate the question to find its significance.
- Draw up a plan and conduct a directed research
Initially, you have to perform a preliminary research on the subject in order to design a working argument. The area of study, being history, you need to be much more careful as the context can be sensitive to your readers. Once the assertion is ready, induce a plan to guide you for the next stage of research.
Concentrate on the following points while conducting the research –
- What are the factors required to sustain the argument?
- Are there any alternative courses to establish the period drama?
- What are the contexts to be refuted in order to ascertain your point of view?
- Identify whether you have all the important dates associated with the historical era
- Clarify whether you need more evidence to justify the context
By far, you must have understood the areas on which you need more material to develop your argument. Search the reference books, scholarly articles, and survey over multiple websites to gather relevant data.
- Frame and compose the first draft
Students need to outline a proper essay pattern for writing the first draft. You need to pay more concentration in your history essay as it includes so many dates, characters, site of actions, role-plays and periodical changes. You have to define every single character in a more subtle way so that your aspect must not contempt either of the individuals.
Elements to be included in the essay –
- Introductory paragraph: It is the foremost section of your essay where you need to establish the characters in a flamboyant manner. Besides that, portray a clear idea about your subject line and the period you are going to depict. More or less, give an overview of the subject matter to provide a hint of the subsequent material in the body.
- Body of the essay: Insert a transition sentence after the introductory paragraph and then start illustrating your arguments. Here you have to make intelligent use of paraphrasing, logical reasoning and your perceptions.
Form the argument in the most precise way possible and define it so that the historical context is clear to the readers. Once you have made your point, indicate the consequences that justify the period. Dates are evidence in case of history essays! You have to make immense use of dates so that the person, who is reading the essay, can have a proper idea about the era you are representing.
You can make use of ‘topic sentences’ to direct the subject and explicitly divide the points into different paragraphs. This makes the essay look more professional and easy-to-read.
- Concluding paragraph: The conclusion needs to be thoughtful and relevant. If you end it abruptly, the readers may lose track of the historical event. By the end, you have to again drag the context of the topic and put forth the idea of the entire research in jest. Make sure the conclusion you have drawn is logical and resemble the evidence you have mentioned in the body section.
- Footnoting: Footnotes are like rhetorical apparatus of a formal essay. You can insert them while writing the draft or you can compose them after completing the essay. The choice is yours but the responsibility is compulsory. Once you create the footnotes, your essay turns more impressive.
- Revise your essay
Revising enhances the finesse of the content. Once you are done composing the draft, proofread the document to ensure there is no mistake. Even a single can be costly! Manually read the essay to check the language proficiency. After that, edit the draft using digital software so that the history essay is free from spelling errors, grammar mistakes and punctuation splices.
You should follow these techniques while writing your history essay. Once you apply these methods, the historical event gets a new mold and becomes much more readable. If you are still stuck with your academic writing, seek professional assistance.
Know how MyAssignmenthelp.com can help you with best-in-class academic solutions!
Do you have confusion on how to write an essay? End of worries as MyAssignmenthelp.com has the best solutions for all your essay related issues. Our team of experts toils hard to deliver your essays long before the deadline. Over 4500 scholarly writers are working under the banner offering 100% original content with guaranteed quality. Besides essay solutions, we have other facilities too.
See what else we have to offer!
- Academic solutions include essay writing, dissertation writing, research paper help, homework help, and other coursework assistance
- Allowance for customization
- Plagiarism FREE work
- Assured quality
- Minimal initial outlay
- Free of cost modifications after submission
- Delivery before deadline
- Round the clock service
Impressed by our amenities if you want to place an order for your assignment,
Call us at +61-3-4000-0033!