Save Time & Improve Grades
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Quick Guide- How to Write an Essay Introduction
While beginning with the task of writing an essay, every student wonders, “how to write an essay introduction?”. As it is said that making the first impression is very important, similarly, writing a great introduction is essential since this is what decides whether the readers will proceed with the essay or not. This opening section must be written in a way so that the readers can understand what they will find in the essay. But not too much information is provided in this section. Writing an essay introduction can be tricky but having the right knowledge about how to compose it can make the process easier for the students.
So, how to write a perfect essay introduction?
- Start with a hook statement– The introduction must seize the attention of the readers, so that they read the whole essay. To do this, it is necessary to provide a hooking statement in the beginning. You can follow the following methods to achieve this:
- Know who your targeted readers are– Before starting to write, you must know who will be reading the essay. It is important to know this because the way one will get interested in a paper is different from that for another person. Since the readers of your essay will be your professor, you can utilise some information that will showcase your knowledge about the subject.
- Use a quote or example- It is a good way to attract the reader. When you give an interesting quote or example, which the reader can relate to, it attracts the readers to go further.
- Mention a surprising fact- A shocking statement always works to seize the attention of the readers. It makes the readers want to know more about it and thus, they read the full essay.
- Offer related or general background without giving away the actual argument- You can give a little bit of context of the subject in the introduction. But, make sure that you don’t present the real argument in the introduction which should come into the body of the essay. You can start with some general information and then move forward to more specific information.
- Write the thesis statement- Here, you should clearly express what is your point of view or argument regarding the topic. The thesis statement can also be perceived as a brief answer to the essay question. Usually, this comes at the end of the introduction, but it can also be placed anywhere else where it fits. The thesis generally consists of three parts, which include the three key pieces of evidence which support your argument.
- Write about how you are going to proceed with the essay- After the thesis statement is written, you will add how you are going to establish your argument briefly. You have to write about what will be the structure of your essay and in which order the information will be presented.
- Show why your argument is important and how it can address the essay question- You should show the readers the importance of the points you are making and how your argument can help in solving, deducing, or limiting the problem being addressed in the essay. This way, you can tell your readers why they should read the essay.
- Define all complicated terms- In the introduction, you should also describe the key terms used in the thesis to make it comprehensible for the readers. In this way, you can avoid creating confusion among the readers.
Some tips on how to write an essay introduction
- Do not include too many details in the introduction, like, using any information from another source. Instead of this, get straight into the topic and relate the introduction with it so that, the readers can understand what’s going on.
- Include only related and useful information in the introduction. The introduction must be brief and concise, so don’t crowd with unnecessary data. The readers are supposed to know from the introduction what they can expect from the essay and not all the information that has little to no relation to the topic.
- Write the introduction after you have completed composing the essay. After the completion of your essay, you will know which turn the essay has taken and where it ended. Thus, you will be able to write the introduction accurately.
- Use only simple sentences in the introduction. If you use complex words in the opening paragraph, readers will not understand it, and they will lose interest to read it further.
- Don’t use the ordinary or clichéd type of essay introduction. Beginning with a definition is a clichéd sort of essay introduction. This is what you should avoid.
- Make the introduction interesting and appealing that will attract the reader and this should be your sole goal while writing this section of an essay.
Because the introduction is what the readers see of an essay, it is essential to write this part diligently. A lot depends on the success of an essay introduction and thus, its importance is immense. With the correct utilisation of the above guide and tips, you will be able to write an effective essay introduction, which can get you the maximum scores.
Having Problem with Your Essay Writing? MyAssignmenthelp.com can provide you Effective Solutions
Writing essays is challenging and we know that. If you don’t know how to write an essay introduction or do not how to write the whole essay, we can help you with any problem related to essay writing.
Since essays are a very important part of the academic life, it is essential to present very high-quality papers. If you have always tried your best, yet failed to achieve better grades, then you must get professional help from MyAssignmenthelp.com.
You might have come across complicated essay prompt which makes it impossible to understand what you have to write. Our highly qualified writers have a very good understanding of what the instructor expects from the essays. Thus, they produce very high-standard of work which enhances the student’s chance of getting the higher grades.
There are many types of essays, which are usually not mentioned in the essay prompt so, it becomes really difficult to find out which type to write. Our experts are adept at writing all kind of essays, and their vast knowledge enables them to understand what the requirements of the essay are clearly.
Some types of essays that we have written on previously are as follows:
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
If your essay does not fall into the category mentioned above, don’t worry. We can provide help to you no matter what type of essay you’ve got.
Apart from essays, you can also get assistance for any kind of assignment from us.
So, to get the most effective essay solutions, contact us today and achieve your dream grades.