1. Is Henkel’s approach to strategy execution shaped sufficiently by its mission and values? How does the company’s approach to staffing the organization and building organizational capabilities support its strategy? How do you rate CEO Rorsted’s initiatives to transfort Henkel’s unhealthy culture into a high performance culture?
2. What are the key features of Henkel’s organizational culture? Does this company’s culture support good strategy execution? Explain.
3. What business strategy recommendations would you make to Kaspar Rorsted, Henkel’s CEO? Should the company redouble its efforts to broaden its leadership and cultural diversity? Should the company consider new strategic partnerships or new acquisitions? What other potential strategic options does he need to consider?
1. Henkel’s strategy did not fit the values and mission. This was mainly due to two reasons. Firstly, the adhesive industrial business of Henkel did not resonate with the focus of the customers. Secondly, the tagline of Henkel did not portray a competitive culture that CEO Rorsted thought would help (Akremi, Roussel and TreÌpo, 2001).
The CEO Rorsted has realized that organization staffing would help the company to achieve their strategy. To focus on the strategies, the company should have clarity of the values. This would help in handling the strong choices that are needed to change into a challenging competitor (Chunawalla, 2009). The goals of the company are many, but very few of the employees feel the need to achieve it. Foundation for tough decision is to be made using core values.
During the years 2004-2008, employees earning was high where as the company suffered loss. The CEO suggested that the company was underperforming and striving for the second position that would no longer do any good. This is a right step on the part of the CEO.
2. With the inclusion of the new management system, Henkel organisation holds bonuses linked to the team performance, financial performance and individual performance. This is a key feature of the company. For group performance, the company sees the two or three key performance indicators. These indicators were ranked in the scale 0% to 200%. The KPI score was averaged to get an overall score. Team performance also followed the same formula where the things too achieve was possible through local or specific targets. The performance of individual was weighted 50% on each of the inputs i.e. the equally weighted two KPIs performance and DRT performance rating. Target bonus was available to each manager according to their job level. To calculate the bonus payout, the individual score was multiplied with the total score (Lawley, 2007).
The strategy will be implemented properly only if the culture of the company is supportive. The strategy that the company focuses on is to outperform. The company wants to manage their portfolio actively. The company focus on the high potential region so that it can make certain changes so that the strategies are fully executed.
3. For a company like Henkel that deals in a variety of products must try to divide its investment strategies. The company should focus on diversification and localization of products in the Southern European market. To gain market share, the company must focus in branding of products that are suited typically for Spain and Italy. This will help the company to increase its revenue by 50% and 20% approximately in Spain and Italy respectively.
With the changes being incorporated in the organisation, the company has successfully created a winning cultural diversity. Simone has visited many places and interacted with the leaders of the company and from them he got a positive feedback on the visions and ideals.
The company should take up the strategy of acquisition as it will help in optimizing the portfolio of the company (Rickertsen and Gunther, 2001).
Akremi, A., Roussel, P. and TreÌpo, G. (2001). CEO compensation strategies. Jouy-en-Josas: Groupe HEC.
Chunawalla, S. (2009). Product management. Mumbai: Himalaya Pub. House.
Lawley, B. (2007). Expert product management. Cupertino, CA: HappyAbout.info.
Rickertsen, R. and Gunther, R. (2001). Buyout. New York: AMACOM.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2016). Case Study On Henkel. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-on-henkel.
"Case Study On Henkel." My Assignment Help, 2016, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-on-henkel.
My Assignment Help (2016) Case Study On Henkel [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-on-henkel
[Accessed 17 February 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'Case Study On Henkel' (My Assignment Help, 2016) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-on-henkel> accessed 17 February 2020.
My Assignment Help. Case Study On Henkel [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2016 [cited 17 February 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/case-study-on-henkel.
MyAssignmenthelp.com is one of the noted service providers that deliver essay help. We provide tailored essay assistance to make sure that student gets online essay help exactly in the way they want it to be written. We at MyAssigemnthelp.com have built teams of consultants, who readily attend every query related to help me writing my essay. We provide essay writing help in forms of tips and steps in order o assist students with tough essay assignments.
Answer: Introduction One of the major problems that the parents of the present times face is regarding the manner in which they should provide the right kind of knowledge or information to their children about sexuality (Corona et al., 2016). The right of sexuality knowledge can help the children as well as the teenagers in a significant manner whereas inadequate knowledge about the same can scar or alter the course of the life of these...Read More
Answer: Crisis Communication And The Development Of Communication Strategies Introduction: An important tool that determines the quality of survival of any business or an organization is its reputation in the market. Reputation directs to the confidence and trust that customers develop with the connotation of each business that they associate themselves with. This has a profound and direct effect on the bottom line of the company (Utz, Schul...Read More
Answer: Introduction. There is no gap between a generation and another since generations are continuous. What matters is age between a particular group of people, who tent to live in the same period and experienced some social, physical occurrences in the society. A new generation is believed to start after twenty years. This paper illustrates the differences between my generation which lies in the age bracket of twenty to thirty years and th...Read More
Answer: Part One. In the news article ‘Media Frenzy as David Goodall Commits Assisted Suicide’ I feel that the author is opposed to assisted suicide this is based on the following reasons: The author believes assisted suicide helps in boosting suicide among human beings, be it assisted or conducted by a person on his own. Secondly, the author is against assisted suicide given that it is against World Health Association guidelines ...Read More
Answer: Assessment 1 Part A Question 1 The project scope defines the overall working which has to conducted in the framework of the project. It defines the overall working which can be performed within the working of the project to guide the project to the factor of success (Marchewka 2014). Some of the crucial aspects which are defined in the scope is the timeline and the budget of the project. Question 2 Project stakeholders can be cons...Read More
Just share your requirements and get customized solutions on time.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
it was amazing work. i got really good marks and thanks for the help. I\'ll be in touch for my further assignments too
Work was of high quality. A review of the new APA 7 is needed, but other than that, sources were clearly defined/cited, content was well structured and thought out, and the writer was able to complete in about 48 hours. Probably one of the best pap...
Thank you for helping me out with my assignment. Hopefully i will get good marks in it
Thank you excellent work! Tutor was attentive and always ready to assist if I needed additional help.