Discuss about the Effective and Successful manager.
- The article discusses about the approach and traits that creates an effective manager. A successful manager are trustworthy and confident motivators who generate a customs of responsibility and also capable of making good decisions during crisis or when situation demands. The author discussed about how good managers are rare and the research shows that one out of ten people possess these characteristics most of the time people are not self confident to nurture their positive qualities. As a result successful and efficient mangers are scares in the contemporary business world. The author suggested that every business organizations have hidden managerial talents within the workforce who has potentiality to become great leaders if given proper exposure and training. So, it is a fact that when an organization nurtures its workforce with well targeted leadership training, it can develop a new set of talent pole within the organization. A good leadership helps in motivating the workforce to become more reliable and committed toward job role and responsibility. Due to the scarcity of effective managers in global business, every year business organizations face business loss due to poor or delay decisions as success largely depends on its managers and their managerial capabilities.
- In this article, the author makes a certain level if sense but it fails in concern of the “truth”. The article makes some assumptions that do not have practical facts associated with it. In this research it is observed that employees often get locked into perceptions and pre-consumed ideas and the management should promote and support to grow and improve leadership and managerial qualities. These ideas repress the fact that the root cause of talent and its barriers are not discussed in the article. The reasons or circumstances under which an individual develops such traits and characteristics have not been discussed or researched. So, this topic needs further research and analysis. The study also fails to mention the underlying causes of poor management are the persistent poor management decisions. People cannot grow into great leaders only by training programs which are incongruous idea.
- The study utilizes a qualitative research methodology where Gallup analyses two separate large scale data reports to analyse and examine the relation between the employee engagement and managerial qualities. The author has also studied several organizations’ performance reports of 27 million employees and more than 2.5 million work units and the study continued over two decades. His main objective was to analyze employee performance report to establish the relation between employee engagement and performance consistency. He studied that despite organizational size, location, objective, etc, the management at all levels are thriving to find the reason behind performance variations among individuals.
- Business organizations can develop and maintain a line of potential managers within an organization by planning a well developed training and development plan. The study suggested that with well structured and well deigned leadership training programs the management can increase the management talent pool of the business organization. The author emphasizes on the selection and recruiting process to hire the right candidate by identifying the talent and rejecting the candidates with non-managerial qualities. Practicing them will enable the organization to achieve competitive advantage. The study also finds relationship between employee engagement level at workplace and essential performance parameters. When organizations increase the employee engagement levels constantly in business operations and activities, the overall organizational performance also increases. The study also highlights that an organization’s effectiveness largely depends on its managerial capabilities and decisions and how contemporary business organizations fails to promote and initiate leadership qualities in employees.
- The MGT100 mainly focuses on the need for managerial capabilities in contemporary business organizations. Most of the business organizations fail to sustain and grow due to poor decision making in business processes. Managerial skills are a set of actions which an employee executes for running organizational processes effectively. In the cut through competition in the contemporary business organizations are facing one of the most crucial difficulty that how they can sustain in the competition. In order to sustain and participate productively in the industry, managers requires to identify budding best practices in the market and executive them in organization’s practices. One of the most crucial parts in the process is developing capabilities in the organization by its managers which will facilitate in flexible organizational decision making process that will help the organization to adopt change during crisis or according to situational needs. Management skills can be developed with proper skill development programs. So, it is important for the management to nurture its employees to develop a new line-up of managers within the organization who will be ready to take managerial positions at the time of crisis as business organizations fail to identify talents during recruitment process.
- A. The basic job role of a manager is to manage the workforce under him and supervise day to day organization’s operational process without any problem. The manager is responsible to motivate the workforce to achieve the business goal and increase employee productivity and participation in the process. He is liable for encouraging and developing a workplace culture that promotes employee involvement and growth to bring best out of the workforce performance. Leading the workforce effectively and efficiently is what managers do in an organization. Managers are most effective in crisis situations when the organization and the workforce need direction and motivation to stay focused and productive in the process. An effective manager should be accountable towards organizational performance and flexible and responsive towards market shits and change in customer preferences. The role of a manager is to plan, direct and supervising organizational operations and economic health of the business organization.
The managers and managerial actions are very crucial for business organizations. The general concept about job role of a manager is to manage workforce for day to business operations but their responsibility goes beyond that. Managers are most effective managing change in an organization, where managers take charge of changing perception, tradition and attitudes of individuals, teams and organization by applying methods for transformation of perceptions and attitudes of individuals, teams, and organizations using methodical planning to convey the application of assets, business development, budget allocations, or other methods of operation which considerably reform an organization. Managers are a vital factor in the effectiveness of a change management initiative. When an organization faces financial crisis situation, then the managers apply different cost cutting measures to sustain in that crisis. The process by which managers deal with the crisis and maintain performance and coordination within the organization establishes the long-term results. Managers are required to be alert and understanding towards the workforce which will help them to build long term relation and dependency with the workforce.
Becoming a successful and effective management in an organization needs the following characteristics in an individual, they are:
- The managers should be innovative and open for new modification which also facilitates in managing crisis management as rigidity is one of the drawbacks of managerial skill.
- The manager should motivate and train his team to deliver the optimal performance.
- The manager should have a proper knowledge about time management.
- The manager should monitor and analyse the employee performance to give positive feedback to the management and arrange the training requireme nts.
- A manager should have effective communication flow with the team so that he understands the issues, requirements and needs of the employees. Without effective communication, an organization cannot become successful.
- The two peer reviewed journal articles that may be relevant to further examine the theory discussed in this article are:Thomas Andersson. (2012). Normative identity processes in managers' personal development training. Personnel Review,41(5), 572-589. Watson, Sandra. (2010). Developing Managers and Leaders: Perspectives, Debates and Practices in Ireland.(Book review). Journal of European Industrial Training, 34(2), 185.
- Normative identity processes in managers' personal development training by Andersson Thomas (2012): In the article, the author challenges the conventional outlook of organizational training and development process for improving skills for managers inspire of its authority on managers' practices of individual work and practices. When employees are trained effectively, they trend to perform efficiently at workplace (Al-Omrani, 2014). Developing Managers and Leaders: Perspectives, Debates and Practices in Ireland by Sandra Watson, (2010):
In this study, the author discusses the expressions utilized in the international global management literature and effort is made to unite these outcomes into a further integrative structure of universal management competencies, contributing suggestions for additional research. The innovative task of management is to identify the requirement and need to prepare the employee to learn and utilizes the optimal available resources for preparing new line of managers in an organization (Rousseau, 2012).
Al-Omrani, K. A. (2014). Designing an effective training process a case study at Sohar Development Office Sultanate of Oman (Doctoral dissertation, Universiti Utara Malaysia).
Rousseau, D. M. (2012). Designing a better business school: Channelling Herbert Simon, addressing the critics, and developing actionable knowledge for professionalizing managers. Journal of Management Studies, 49(3), 600-618.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2018). Designing Effective Training Process: A Case Study At Sohar Development Office. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/effective-and-successful-manager.
"Designing Effective Training Process: A Case Study At Sohar Development Office." My Assignment Help, 2018, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/effective-and-successful-manager.
My Assignment Help (2018) Designing Effective Training Process: A Case Study At Sohar Development Office [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/effective-and-successful-manager
[Accessed 25 February 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Designing Effective Training Process: A Case Study At Sohar Development Office' (My Assignment Help, 2018) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/effective-and-successful-manager> accessed 25 February 2024.
My Assignment Help. Designing Effective Training Process: A Case Study At Sohar Development Office [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2018 [cited 25 February 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/effective-and-successful-manager.