1) Choose a topic from Micro economics that matters to you and find a recent news article covering that topic. Following are some of the topics from where students need to choose only one topic:
- Monopolies, Duopoly and Oligopolies in Australia
- Demand and supply of certain resources in Australia
- Costs of production in manufacturing industry in Australia
- Reforms in Education, Meat, Agriculture and Tourism
Industries in Australia. Choose only one industry out of this list.
2) Evaluate the article using Economic concepts. You should include
- The essence of the story: Introduce the issue, who is interested in it and why.
- The economic analysis: Explain how you can present the issue in terms of economic concepts and theories
you have learnt in class.
- Explain your view (1 to 2 paragraphs): Explain what actions you would recommend to the key players and/or policy holders.
- Explain how the above analysis supports your conclusion.
3) You may provide graphs/charts/diagrams where necessary to enhance your presentation style.