This assignment is designed to assess students’ knowledge and skills related to the following unit learning outcomes:
- Apply human usability in systems and documentation within the context of constantly changing modern industry requirements;
- Plan and implement various application servers for an organisation.
Groovy Movies is a video rental business requiring to setup a LAN for their office which is located in Perth. They have three different departments named Inventory, Finance and Customer Service. There are 50 employees working in this company in different departments. All objects belonging to these departments should have their own Organisation Unit (OU). The company wants multiple domains with windows server. They require you to implement the following technologies in their LAN:
- Centralized user authentication for different domains (Active Directory)
- Configure a DHCP to acquire automatic IP address.
- Company to host a website as well so a separate IIS server is also required
- There will be two different domains. One is allocated for the administrator and the other is allocated for everyone else.
- Your configuration should reflect the above criteria and display different privileges assigned to the different domains.
Overview of Groovy Movies and LAN Setup
The following report is all about Groovy Movies which provides various kinds of videos on rental basis. The organization a proper kind of LAN setup for their office which is located in Perth. The organization has been divided into three departments that is inventory, finance and lastly customer service. At present the organization has a strength of 50 employees who are working under this organization in different departments. All the object which belong to this organization department fall under the same kind of organization unit (OU). At present the organization requires multiple kinds of domains which comes up with different windows server. Therefore, the organization needs to implement a large number of technologies like centralized authentication of users for variety of domains. The organization requires to configure DHCP which is required for acquiring IP address on automatic basis.
In the coming pages of the report a proper network diagram has been provided for set up of LAN in Groovy movie organization. After that an idea has been provided regarding the fact that how the configuration of the network was done. All possible screenshots which have been obtained from Netsim software. Netsim is a well-known software that is mainly used for network diagram.
Centralized user authentication for various domains: Network diagram for this organization has been designed in such a way that it comes up limited access for large number of departments. It has been configured in such a way that people from inventory will be limited to access the only inventory thing. People from finance department will be limited for accessing things related to finance only. No other employee from other department can access this data or information of finance. The LAN set up has been done in such a way that it can employee from customer service department can easily access the details of various customers only. No other employee from any department can access the confidential information of various customers of this organization. At present various kinds of networks come up with single sign authentication. Authentication is nothing but analysing the various kinds of deals that is used for validating of various kinds of credentials of users. It is mainly used for establishment of identity of a user. While authorization mainly deals with restriction to large number of access. The exchanges in attributes generally deals with sharing of data in various kinds of users of management system. User management is mainly related to proper kind of administration like update, creation and lastly deletion of various kinds of users. A federation system mainly deals with various kinds of aspects like administration that is mainly used for handling large number of accounts. SSO is mainly focussed on authentication that is mainly considered as a federated part for identification of various kinds of system. It mainly deals with idea of establishment of identity of various kinds of users. It is mainly followed by sharing of information with each kind of system that is mainly available with each kind of subsystem which mainly requires any kind of data for use.
Centralized User Authentication for Multiple Domains
Configure a DHCP to acquire automatic IP address: The network has been configured in such a way that it can easily various system under the LAN connection can easily obtained their IP address from the range of IP that is available to large number of users. Generally, a system needs a list of information that is mainly needed for proper function of a given system network. It mainly comprises of IP address, subnet Mask. IP address for provided default gateway. It also addresses the DNS server. There are mainly two kind of methods which a system can have like an automatic or by manual kind of configuration. In a network mainly a router checks the fact that how a LAN can work. Router mainly works in forward kind of traffic which mainly operates between LAN connection and router.
Company to host a website: IIS stands for internet information service which is also known as window web server is available to large number server of windows operating system. It generally ranks on the second place in overall usage after Apache HTTP server which is available on internet. It mainly tends to host a large number of websites, web application and lastly a range of servers. IIS mainly provides a redesigned framework of WWW architecture that mainly helps in achieving better kind of performance, scalability and along with security for various kinds of websites. IIS support comes up with large number of protocol for HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTPS etc. One needs to host for various kinds of sites on IIS, when a request is mainly provided when it comes up for client site. The response mainly passes to client server.
Two different server: Network administrator is a well field that comes up with enormous amount of benefit for large number of users. At the beginning it is considered to be much difficult to judge the difference between a hub and a switch in general as they appear to be same. They both come up with large number of benefit for large number of potential connection and is used for some of the basic connection like creation of proper kind of network. HTTP is mainly considered as a main kind of protocol for various kinds of shinny content that is mainly used for various kinds of content which is present on the web.
Active Directory Configuration
From the above discussion it can be easily concluded that this report is all about setup of LAN network in Groovy movies organization. This is an organization which provides various kinds of videos on rental basis. The report mainly deals with set up of LAN connection for the office of this organization which is located at Perth. The organization mainly comes up with three departments that is inventory, finance and lastly customer service. Currently 50 employees are working in various departments of this organization. The organization is looking for various kinds of multiple domains and windows server. All the required points like centralized user authentication for large number of domains are available to large number of people. A proper kind of configuration of DHCP will be taken into account for automatic kind of IP addresses.
- Akkawi, F., Akkawi, K. and Schofield, G.J. MCSA In Depth: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases Study Guide for Exam# 70-462. Delmar Learning., 2015.
- Aleksandrov, A.Y., Barabanova, S.V., Vereshchak, S.B., Ivanova, O.A. and Aleksandrova, Z.A. Legal basis of free legal aid state system administration in the Russian Federation. Journal of Sustainable Development, 8(3), p.277., 2015.
- ALHanahnah, E.N.J. Getting to Know ArcGIS server 10. x: Basic Administration and configurations. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform., 2015.
- Bland, J., Fay, R.B., Jones, S.H. and Norman, M.J. Tier-2 System Administration: A Comprehensive Approach. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series(Vol. 513, No. 6, p. 062005). IOP Publishing., 2014.
- Connor, C., Jacobson, A., Bonnie, A. and Grider, G. An innovative approach to bridge a skill gap and grow a workforce pipeline: The Computer System, Cluster, and Networking Summer Institute. The USENIX Journal of Education in System Administration, p.27., 2016.
- Elhart, I., Langheinrich, M., Memarovic, N. and Rubegni, E. A good balance of costs and benefits: convincing a university administration to support the installation of an interactive multi-application display system on campus. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Symposium on Pervasive Displays(pp. 197-203). ACM., 2016 June.
- Olivo, M., Deplomo, B.N. and Sabado, W. The Experience in Integrating VMware Software in Implementing the Server Operating System Course. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, 2(5)., 2016.
- Reese, J.B., Viglione, D.J. and Giromini, L. A. comparison between Comprehensive System and an early version of the Rorschach Performance Assessment System administration with outpatient children and adolescents. Journal of Personality Assessment, 96(5), pp.515-522., 2014.
- Vermeulen, S. SELinux System Administration. Packt Publishing Ltd., 2016.
- Xu, Z.X. Practices to Administration of Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2. Memory, 4, p.64., 2016.