You are required to compile a research proposal that will allow you to demonstrate the application of your selected methodological approach to a well structured, coherent, realistic, achievable and well-argued proposal for a programme of professional research and development.
The research proposal should be written in the form of a report and should cover specific areas (see below) that will have been covered during the delivery of the module. The report should be structured along the following lines that could also be used as the basis for sub-headings:
- Executive summary
- Table of contents
- Title, introduction and rationale for the proposed research
- Research questions/aim/objectives and conceptual framework
- Literature review
- Research approach, design and methodology
- Access issues and ethical considerations
Specific submission requirements
- Maximum word count is 5000 words (+/- 10%). Marks maybe deducted for submissions that are excessively long or short. Please indicate the word count on your report.
- Your report should be typed in word format and submitted via turnitinon or before the due date.
- Please use a minimum font size of 12 and line spacing of either 1.5 or 2. Don’t forget to insert page numbers into your document.
- Your report should be submitted no later than the date and time specified, unless an extension has been obtained from the module coordinator in advance of the submission date.Extensions will only be given for reason of illness. In all cases a medical certificate/letter signed by a doctor must be submitted. Marks will be deducted for late submission of work without permission, according to the University regulations.