Advanced database technology refers to the innovative technology which are introduced in the field of database for the purpose of enhancing the performance of a database processing. Database are considered to be very efficient and reliable when it comes to business and industries. Currently, almost every industry and business operate with the help of a database processing. The use of database processing has been capable of offering huge advantage towards the businesses. As a result, it becomes very important to utilise the most suitable database of technology which can offer highest advantages. UML modelling has been intentionally developed with the perspective to model object-oriented systems. These has offered a huge spread towards the businesses. It has been observed that different vendors can produce the products that comply with the standards specifications.
The main motive is to enhance the operation with the implementation of proper database type. Basically, the database technologies are selected by the industries or businesses on the basis of their requirement. The concept of a unified modelling language is a part of database which is a result of evaluation that is brought within object-oriented modelling language. The aim of the research is to successfully discuss about the way advanced database technologies are contributing towards the high-performance of business and industries. In order to conduct the research, the selected research methodology is literature review which will be carried out by offering detailed data analysis approach. In order to conduct a literature review, data will be collected and evaluated through secondary data from the sample of a researcher or a journal article. In this research paper, the concern is to explore the way advanced database technology can help in bringing better enhancement. It is expected that selection of the research methodology will be able to deliver in-depth discussion and understanding regarding the importance of advance the database technology in today’s society.
Advanced database technologies are responsible for offering capability to process necessary data sets. The need for recording efficient information within database is needed from time to time. As a result, the need to focus on introducing advanced database technology becomes crucial. This offers with the credibility to organize and manage data sets effectively. According to , database servers are considered to be a dedicated computers which hold actual data bases and run only over a DBMS and related software. A distributed database management system ensures that database is this stored over multiple computers in a network. With the successful utilization of database, it becomes easy to establish a proper relationship. Similarly, relation database management system is responsible for storing the data in the form of a related table . On the other hand, the concept of object relational database helps in handling a database management system which are similar to relational database but are associated with the object-oriented database model. In the current situation, it has been observed that different types of database technologies have been initiated with the sole perspective to offer better functionality . This helps in analyzing the system at first and then offers opportunity to describe and identify the parts of a high-level diagram. The key parts of unified modelling language are use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagram, state machine diagram, activity diagram, object diagram, component diagram, deployment diagram and collaboration diagrams. The utilization of the diagrams offers with the capability to understand the database requirements. It can be clearly stated that the selection of appropriate database technology has the potential to enhance the operational functionality . In the research paper, the author clearly describes the way advanced database technology offers opportunity.
The author clearly represents the need to understand the different database model becomes very crucial as these help in representing database in a much more efficient manner . The research paper has also highlighted the concept of object database management system. Object database management system is introduced with the fundamental concept of object relations database . This helps in retaining declarative query language which are based on predicate calculus as a central part of architecture. Therefore, the proper utilization of database has the ability to enhance business performance.
The concept of business intelligence and big data have given a huge positive influence in the society. It has been observed that the utilization of the concept has been able to afford an advantage towards the different functionality of organisations . The researcher conducted with the perspective to understand the role of big data intelligence and business intelligence in the SME. With the increasing globalization and rapid changes in technology, it has been observed that the SME faces significant challenges while operating. It becomes crucial to handle the strategic management theory which can contribute towards the better operation. According to , big data is rapidly becoming a part of business strategy in social science and management generally. The need for understanding the requirements has become very crucial. The analyses stated that data in the SME context needs a proper collection so that larger set of information can be analyzed properly . The author also describes the different challenges which are faced by big data analytics forward is amazing . The main challenges identified are lack of transparency, does not showing much interest in market, and lack of critical analyses of the technology. These challenges and create a huge impact over the performance. The author also describes about the concept of business intelligence. Business intelligence has evolved in general terms which in compasses methodologies, machine architecture, databases and analytical algorithms for developing decision making process .
Big data and business analytics are considered to be the most the emerging trends which has positively impacted the business world. Past researches represent the way data are generated in modern world. The number of data generated are increasing exponentially which are not structured in nature. As a result, the number of unstructured data is also increasing with each passing day. Unstructured data cannot be managed with the utilization of traditional relational database management system. As a result, the need for data proliferation is very important. The role of a big data is to work and organize unstructured data so that it can provide a meaningful information towards the businesses and organisation. The research describes the use of big data analytics has offered several organisations to stay competitive by handling the unorganized data in an efficient manner . The researcher has discussed about the way big data analytics has been creating a huge impact over the performance. Apart from this, in order to handle the surge in data volume, a wide number of technologies has been implemented within big data analytics which helps in processing and managing data. The different technologies which generate large data are distributed computing, flash memory, mobile devices, cloud computing, data analytics and in memory applications. In the research paper, the article discusses about the Gartner model for understanding the way big data is being evaluated . The analysis clearly stated that by including different elements of volume, velocity, variety, velocity and value. Big data is responsible for focusing on the size of the data sets which are generated through different applications and sources. This is categorized under volume. On the other hand, the variety part of big data aims at working with the heterogeneous nature of the data which constitute a big data. The concept of velocity is referred to the speed and the dynamic nature associated with the data collection process . Lastly, the concept of value in the big data is used for representing the inside and the hidden values that are discovered from a large amount of data set. After evaluating the vector model of big data, it can be stated that big data analytics has the potential to handle user data with high-volume. The use of the technology has made it efficient for the organisation to handle unstructured data in an efficient manner . Some common application of big data analytics is credit risk assessment, fraud detection and marketing. The different types of analytical approaches which are utilities by different sector on the basis of their needs are descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, diagnostic analytics and descriptive analytics. These components are offered with the ability to obtain sufficient data associated with big data. The research has performed a detailed analyses on the factors associated with big data and business analytics for understanding the way big data is contributing towards the business operations . After analyzing the research, it can be stated that the utilization of business analytics offers with a deep learning capability which has the potential to obtain better advantage in businesses.
World technologies has experienced an increase in development. It has been observed that utilization of computer networking, internet of things and social media has been surfacing a lot. The research conducted aims at discussing about the way large amount of data needs to be collected, analyzed and manage the data warehouse concept is considered to be a bit difficult as data warehouse aims at extracting useful information by increasing the amount of data generated. Data warehouse is considered to be one of the promising areas in research which is capable of supporting the business organisation for making decision. According to , data warehouse offers a wide range of characteristics which are classified into wide types with student data, former integrated data and non-volatile data. The author discusses about the two main architectures associated with data warehouse. Architecture of data flow is used for describing the way data stores are being organized within database and the way data flows from source system. Whereas, system architecture include servers, network, storage, software and clients acts as physical configuration . The data warehouse is responsible for storing the data into different categorized on the basis of user accessibility. This include data store for user data store which is accessible to end-users. The end-user applications are being managed and organized together. Whereas, internal data store is used locally for integration, recording, cleaning and data processing by data warehouse components. Its open for querying end-users and end user application. A hybrid database is utilized for querying the internal database algorithms. This allows end user to deal with necessary information. In the article, the author discusses about the way data warehouse is able to offer flexibility and adaptability in data freedom can be obtained. According to , the three different types of data warehouse views are offered towards end users are user view, storage view and conceptual view. User view refers to the top view among the three identified views. This offers access to entire database which is limited, helps in reducing risk associated with security breakdown. On the other hand, conceptual view is the middle layer which is responsible for having materialized view for storing summarized and aggregated data. The two components are hardware and software. Storage view is bottom view associated with architecture which is actual physical storage of data. This defines the way data is physically stored in data warehouse . The implementation of data warehouse helps in achieving optimal performance and storage space. Also, the paper aims at discussing about the data mining concepts. The data mining is referred to the method of data warehousing which is responsible for extracting hidden details from huge databases. The techniques associated with data mining works from statistics, database, computer performance, virtualization, statistics and pattern recognition . The data mining and data warehouse are alternate tools which depend on the robust data structure. According to , the different types of database systems which are based on database are utilized by organizations are relational database, spatial database, object-oriented database, multimedia database, transaction database, web and legacy database. After analyzing the aspects associated with the research area, it can be stated that the paper has included a detailed analysis of contents for representing the way large amount of data are being organized.
According to , database this system is considered to be indispensable part of a contemporary life. Each and every activity engages at least one database related activity every day. It becomes a day for very crucial to handle database systems efficiently. In reality the technology enhancement within life has a provided with the capability to work efficiently. The advancement in the data has clearly mentioned the need for proper database advancement. In the literature, the author focuses on discussing about the way different advantages and disadvantages associated database system is being phased out . It becomes very crucial for database management system to understand the various disadvantages which are needed to be known by the industries and business before implementing database system. Database are vulnerable to different types of attacks which included direct attack, indirect attack and passive attacks. These attacks are capable of creating a huge impact over the way data are stored and processed. According to , excessive privilege of abuse is one of the biggest challenges which is faced by databases. This creates a huge impact over the way identified threats can be mitigated. The implementation of query level access control will help in restricting the excessive privilege abusive. Secondly, elevation of a privilege is also considered to be one of the biggest concerns associated with the database . Attackers of database platform software is responsible for adjusting regular user access privileges. The stored data are being hacked and made vulnerable in front of the attackers. The author presents the most efficient way of dealing with the attacker easy to avoid as also by updating the software. It is expected that a system update can help in preventing several types of attacks . SQL injection is also considered to be one of the topmost attacks which are carried out over database for the purpose of harming the data sets. In order to prevent SQL injection attack, the need to manage the validation becomes very crucial. In addition to this, implementation of a firewall is also equally needed .
The objective of the research was to discuss about the concept associated with advanced database the technology. Advanced database the technology in the current is used widely for the purpose of improving the performance within businesses. The research type which has been selected for successfully completing the research and is qualitative literature survey. With the help of the research methodology, it is expected that adequate number of information can be obtained. This offers with a detailed analyses over the topic. The systematic review of illiterate conducted by analyzing and assessing different research papers or peer reviewed journal articles. This is considered as an effective approach as this helps in developing the detailed research.
The data collection method selected is a qualitative data collection method. With the help of the qualitative data collection method, list of journal papers addressing the identified research question can be adapted easily. It has been ensured that the necessary information and being discussed and evaluated through the list of papers . The utilization of a qualitative data collection method offers with the ability to derive necessary information associated with the research topic.
The thematic data analyses are being selected for the purpose of conducting the research. This has helped in using the key findings on the message of teams. This are considered to be the most effective approach for discussing with the gathered information. This is considered as one of the most effective approaches which helps in analyzing the qualitative data . The utilization of thematic analysis helps in interpreting data in an adequate manner. The detailed analysis is being carried out for obtaining information associated with the research topic.
The research carried out using the thematic analyses process has a provided with sufficient amount of information regarding the research topic. After conducting the research, it became easy to understand the different advancement which has been brought within the field of a database. In order to conduct the research successfully, different journals, articles and research papers has been selected . This has offered with the necessary information associated with the topic. It can be stated that the selection of all the research material has offered with the ability to explore and discuss the findings in a much more efficient manner. In addition to this, with the help of Google scholar, articles and papers were being selected.
The main reason behind selecting literature review for gathering data is the fact that the utilization of systematic literature review offers or an effective way for identifying, selecting and critically appraising research for identifying the formulated question. With the help of this approach, it becomes very easy to organize and manage associated data sets. In addition to this, the use of qualitative data analyses also provided a sufficient amount of data within short a time period. Hence, it can be concluded that the selected methodology has the potential to deliver the expected output.
- Advanced Database Technologies- A Future of High Performance Database Processing. Ravish Kumar Mishra
- Kumar, N., Kasbekar, G.S. and Manjunath, D., 2022. Application of Data Collected by Endpoint Detection and Response Systems for Implementation of a Network Security System based on Zero Trust Principles and the EigenTrust Algorithm. arXiv preprint arXiv:2203.09325.
- DESIGN, U.I.N., 6. Asimov,“Introduction to Design”, Prentice Hall, 1962. 7. Halbert,“Resisting Intellectual Property”, Taylor & Francis Ltd, 2007. 8. Niebel,“Product Design”, McGraw Hill, 1974. NO SUBJECT CODE, p.2.
- Ramez, E. and Shamkant B, N., 2022. Fundamentals of database systems.
- Imamuddin, A., 2021. An Enterprise Resource Planning System Solution for Small-Mid Size Enterprises: An Information System Development Case Study. Journal of Computer Science, Information Technology and Telecommunication Engineering, 2(1), pp.160-168.
- Business intelligence as a Source of Competitive Advantage in SMEs: A Systematic Review. Vincent English, Department of Informatics, Institute of Technology Blanchardstown Dublin, Ireland.
- Sun, E. W., Chen, Y.-T., and Yu, M.-T. (2015). ‘Generalized optimal wavelet decomposing algorithm for big financial data’ International Journal of Production Economics, 165, pp.194- 214.
- Tallon, P. P., Ramirez, R. V., and Short, J. E. (2013). ‘The information artifact in IT governance: toward a theory of information governance’ Journal of Management Information Systems, 30(3), pp.141-178.
- Tan, W., Blake, M. B., Saleh, I., and Dustdar, S. (2013). ‘Social-network-sourced big data analytics’ IEEE Internet Computing, 17(5), pp. 62-69.
- Teece, D. (2018) ‘Business models and dynamic capabilities’, Long Range Planning, 51(1), pp. 40–49.
- Ajah, I.A. and Nweke, H.F., 2019. Big data and business analytics: Trends, platforms, success factors and applications. Big Data and Cognitive Computing, 3(2), p.32.
- Yang, Y.Y.; Brinton, C.G.; Joe-wong, C.; Chiang, M. Behavior-based grade prediction for MOOCs via time series Neural Networks. IEEE J. Sel. Top. Sign. Process. 2017, 11, 716–728.
- Douglas, R.W.; Meyer, D.A.; Ram, M.; Rideout, D.; Song, D.J. High-resolution population estimation from telecommunication data. EPJ Data Sci. 2015, 4, 1–13.
- Lim, E.P.; Chen, H.; Chen, G. Business intelligence and analytics: Research directions. ACM Trans. Manag. Inf. Syst. 2013, 3, 17.1–17.10.
- A Review of Data Warehouses Multidimensional model and Data Mining. SekharReddy Research Scholar, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, India., Dr. Ch. Suneetha Associate Professor, Department of Computer Applications, RVR&JC college of Engineering, Guntur, India.
- A Review of Database Security Concepts, Risks, and Problems. Ramyar Abdulrahman Teimoor. Department of Computer, College of Science, University of Sulamani, Sulaymaniyah, Iraq.
- Deming, D.J., 2021. The Growing Importance of Decision-Making on the Job(No. w28733). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Angeline, R., 2018, October. An immortal database system for the decentralized internet. In 2018 3rd International conference on communication and electronics systems (ICCES)(pp. 994-998). IEEE.
- Li, X., Zhao, S. and Duan, X., 2020, December. Research on the Application of Computer Database Technology in Marketing. In 2020 5th International Conference on Mechanical, Control and Computer Engineering (ICMCCE)(pp. 1165-1168). IEEE.
- Pontes, L.B. and Albuquerque, A.B., 2017. Managing Database Services: An Approach Based in Information Technology Services Availabilty and Continuity Management. Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management, 2(1), p.1.
- Beck, R., Avital, M., Rossi, M. and Thatcher, J.B., 2017. Blockchain technology in business and information systems research. Business & information systems engineering, 59(6), pp.381-384.
- Snyder, H., 2019. Literature review as a research methodology: An overview and guidelines. Journal of business research, 104, pp.333-339.
- Adhabi, E. and Anozie, C.B., 2017. Literature review for the type of interview in qualitative research. International Journal of Education, 9(3), pp.86-97.
- Castleberry, A. and Nolen, A., 2018. Thematic analysis of qualitative research data: Is it as easy as it sounds?. Currents in pharmacy teaching and learning, 10(6), pp.807-815.
- Advanced Database Technologies- A Future of High Performance Database Processing. Prof. Ravish Kumar Mishra
- Valverde-Berrocoso, J., Garrido-Arroyo, M.D.C., Burgos-Videla, C. and Morales-Cevallos, M.B., 2020. Trends in educational research about e-learning: A systematic literature review (2009–2018). Sustainability, 12(12), p.5153.
- Farooq, M.S., Riaz, S., Abid, A., Umer, T. and Zikria, Y.B., 2020. Role of IoT technology in agriculture: A systematic literature review. Electronics, 9(2), p.319.
- Singh, V. and Thurman, A., 2019. How many ways can we define online learning? A systematic literature review of definitions of online learning (1988-2018). American Journal of Distance Education, 33(4), pp.289-306.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2022). Advanced Database Technology: A Literature Review Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/envs6400-advanced-research/object-oriented-database-model-file-S1E5089.html.
"Advanced Database Technology: A Literature Review Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2022, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/envs6400-advanced-research/object-oriented-database-model-file-S1E5089.html.
My Assignment Help (2022) Advanced Database Technology: A Literature Review Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/envs6400-advanced-research/object-oriented-database-model-file-S1E5089.html
[Accessed 26 February 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Advanced Database Technology: A Literature Review Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2022) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/envs6400-advanced-research/object-oriented-database-model-file-S1E5089.html> accessed 26 February 2024.
My Assignment Help. Advanced Database Technology: A Literature Review Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2022 [cited 26 February 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/envs6400-advanced-research/object-oriented-database-model-file-S1E5089.html.