1. You are required to write a report on all project activities involved in all the 10 knowledge areas of project management for the entire project life cycle. You should also include a list of the respective PM documents, for example PM Plan, PM Quality Management Plan, Risk management, Procurement, etc. The report must include the activities that are considered before the project is closed out.
2. Discuss how the project quality management plan can provide adequate standards and controls in managing global teams in projects. Your discussion must provide adequate arguments for the need of cultural awareness and legal issues.
Project Management Life Cycle
Project management can be explained as the process of the managing a specific project management applying all specific skills and tools related to techniques and the proper knowledge of the project management guide. The project management life cycle can be divided in 5 sub-groups which is needed to be followed in order to properly complete a project. The phases of the group are divided in such a manner that there is no problem in the process of executing the project ((Kerzner & Kerzner, 2017). This paper includes the points that are related to the project management how these have helped in the process of the managing a particular project. Also there are some of major points on the risks that are available on these points and how these have helped in the process of reducing the chances of a specific project. Further legal and the ethical issues related to a project is also a part of the paper that helps in the proper understanding of a specific project (Meredith et al., 2014). Further this paper explains how the closing stage of the project is important how these can help in proper analysis of the project.
The project management process as stated in the paper earlier is are subdivided into five different segments that have helped in the process of the managing a project perfectly. The five stages of the process of the project management are the project initiation phase, the project planning phase, the project executing phase, the project monitoring and the controlling phase and lastly the closing phase (Fleming & Koppelman, 2016). These are the five stages in which a specific project is divided. In the project initiation phase the requirements of the project are understood and client verification is done and things that are needed for the project to be completed is understood. Further in the project planning phase all the detailed planning of the project is done. This is one of the major step where all the important steps that are needed for the completion of the project is decided and hence even if there is a single mistake made then it can hamper the entire project. Next comes the project execution phase where the plans of the project is executed. The next phase is the project monitoring and controlling phase where the project is understood and required changes that are needed for the process of the completion of the project is understood (Marchewka, 2014). Next is the project closing phase where the project is completed and is delivered to the client provided the client is satisfied and hence this is one of the other major phase because if the client is not satisfied then the entire project would needed to be redone and hence increase the time and the budget of the project.
The project management life cycle is based on 10 areas which define the entire life of the project. The life cycle of a project can be explained as time or the life of the project through which the entire project will run. These are
- Integration: The integration of the project can be explained as the understanding the requirements of the project and what is needed to be done in order to make the project complement without any chances of errors.
- Scope; the scope of the project explains that what purpose of the project will be defining. These includes the list of the goals that the project will be delivering, the tasks that will be done and the function of the project (Nicholas & Steyn, 2017). Defining the project methodology is also an important aspect of the project.
- Time: The time describes the time that must be taken in order to complete the project. Every project have a deadline that is needed to meet (Heagney, 2016). Scheduling the project timing perfectly is one of the most important thing that is need to be done.
- Cost: The cost of the project describes the process describes the entire amount that will be needed inn order to complete the project. This includes the salary of the employees and equipment costs and other things that are related to the project. The cost increases with time hence every project needs to be completed in time.
- Quality: Quality refers to the satisfaction of expectancy of the client. A quality project is one which fills up the satisfaction of the client. The quality management is need to be done in order to enhance the quality of the project (Larson et al., 2014). If the client is satisfied with the quality of the project then the organisation will get more projects form the customer and hence maintain the quality is one of the important thing that is to be maintained.
- Procurement: The procurement procedure can be explained as the activities that must be done in order to complete the entire project. The project manager needs to keep a check on the activities so that the project can be completed in time and a cost.
- Human resources: The human resources are the human sources that helps in the prices of the project. This is the most important factor as if there is not any potential and required force then the project will not be completed in time. Also, the human resources must be kept motivated so that there is not any delay in the project,
- Communications: Communication is one of the most vital thing that is needed to be managed in a project. Proper communication needed is not only to the customer of the project but also to there need to proper communication among the employees of the organisation in order to make the project a perfect one.
- Risk management: Risk management is one of the most important thing that is to be done in order to enhance the project. Risk is one of the most important thing that is to be done in order to enhance the security of the project.
- Stakeholder management: The stakeholder management is proper analysis of the stakeholders of a specific project. The stakeholders are one of the most important thing that is needed to consider. The stake holders can be both the internal as well as the external form. Internal stake holders are the ones who are working for the organisation whereas the external stakeholders are the ones like the clients, suppliers and others.
A quality project can be explained as a project which defines the acceptance level of the customer. If the customer is satisfied with the project then it can be said that it is a quality project. In order to ensure proper quality project the things that are needed to be followed are, first the products build must be agreed by both the parties namely the client and the project team and the standards and the requirements of the project (Larson, 2018). The work of the project must be done in the best manner that is possible and hence reduce the chances of any risk that are associated with the project. Some of the major components that are needed to be followed in order to make a quality project are:
- Quality objectives: It defines the objectives of the project and how these can help in the proper management of the project.
- Plan for reporting quality control and assurance problems
- Quality control and assurance activities
- Quality roles and responsibilities
- Quality standards
- Quality tools
These are some of the major things that are needed to be covered while completing the project. Delivering the best quality project must be a properly in order to ensure proper client satisfaction (Ferrucci, Harman & Sarro, 2014). Further the use of the best methodologies is also an important factor that must be ensure in order to enhance the proper security of the devices. The mentioned properties must be ensured in order to enhance the security of the project.
A project threat can be explained as an uncertain event or condition that may occurs whish can have at least one negative effect in a specific project. Some of the major threats that can hamper the project are technical problems. In many projects it is seen that a specific project there are many technical problems that are faced by the team. Further some of the other major threats that can hamper the project improper cost and time management (Silva, Moreno & Peters, 2015). This is one of the major problems in many of the project cost and time is not properly defined and they hamper the specific project in a very serious manner. Lack of proper technological infrastructure is one of the other major problem in a project where it can be seen that due to non-availability of a proper IT support the project fails.
Ethical issues are the problems that are needed to solve in a very delicate manner and there needs to take proper actions under such cases. In a project management there are many areas where there are many problems that leads to a project. IN an Information system project the major ethical problems that can arise are data security. Data must kept secured in order to protect the customer identity (Trendowicz & Jeffery, 2014). If there are data lossless in it does not only harm the ethical issues of the organisation. This can also cause legal problems for the organisation. IN the modern world the data thefts must be considered at highest priorities as it can hamper the name of the organization. The organisation must ensure that proper steps are taken so that there are less chances of any data security problems.
Risks in Project Management
The closing phase in any information system project is one of the most important thing that is to be considered. The closing phase signifies the amount of the work done in a project and also ensures that all the nessacery steps are taken in order to ensure proper security of the project. Further the closing phase describes the whether all the components of the project is working in the best manner possible or not. It also ensures whether the client is satisfied with the project or not. In the closing phase all the required tests are to be done in a proper manner such that there are no chances of any proper security of the devices (Abdelaziz, El-Tahir & Osman, 2015). In the software projects there are final project testing are to be done so that the before the project is live to public. Also there are too submitted with the final document of the project. This is one of the most important phase where it is needed to ensure that all the tasks are too completed in sort duration of time.
Thus, concluding the topic it can be said that the information security is one of the most important thing that is to be done in order to ensure proper working of the of the organisation. There are many aspects of a project that are delicate and are needed to be worked in a very serious manner such that the projects are completed in a much secured manner. Before the project is completed several things are to be ensured in order to enhance the project. One of the most important thing that is to be done is the proper documentation of the project is to be ensure. Also there are some of the major ethical considerations that are needed to be done in order to ensure that all the tasks are done in a serious manner. Hence all the important factors are to be ensured before the proper project management plan. In order to provide the best quality project it is need to ensure that all the quality factor of the project are to be ensured. The project manager is one of the most important factor which can help in delivering the best quality product.
Abdelaziz, A. A., El-Tahir, Y., & Osman, R. (2015, September). Adaptive Software Development for developing safety critical software. In Computing, Control, Networking, Electronics and Embedded Systems Engineering (ICCNEEE), 2015 International Conference on (pp. 41-46). IEEE.
Calderón, A. (2018). Gamification and simulation-based serious games for software engineering training: an application in software project management (Doctoral dissertation, Universidad de Cádiz).
Ferrucci, F., Harman, M., & Sarro, F. (2014). Search-based software project management. In Software Project Management in a Changing World (pp. 373-399). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
Fleming, Q. W., & Koppelman, J. M. (2016, December). Earned value project management. Project Management Institute.
Heagney, J. (2016). Fundamentals of project management. Amacom.
Kerzner, H., & Kerzner, H. R. (2017). Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. John Wiley & Sons.
Larson, E. W., Gray, C. F., Danlin, U., Honig, B., & Bacarini, D. (2014). Project management: The managerial process (Vol. 6). Grandview Heights, OH: McGraw-Hill Education.
Marchewka, J. T. (2014). Information technology project management. John Wiley & Sons.
Meredith, J. R., Mantel, S. J., Shafer, S. M., & Sutton, M. M. (2014). Project management in practice. Wiley.
Nicholas, J. M., & Steyn, H. (2017). Project management for engineering, business and technology. Routledge.
Silva, P., Moreno, A. M., & Peters, L. (2015). Software Project Management: Learning from Our Mistakes. IEEE Software, (3), 40-43.
Trendowicz, A., & Jeffery, R. (2014). Software project effort estimation. Foundations and Best Practice Guidelines for Success, Constructive Cost Model–COCOMO pags, 277-293.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2021). Project Management Life Cycle, Risks, Quality, Ethics, And Closing Phase Are Crucial Aspects Of The Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/infs2848-information-system-project-management/project-process.html.
"Project Management Life Cycle, Risks, Quality, Ethics, And Closing Phase Are Crucial Aspects Of The Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2021, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/infs2848-information-system-project-management/project-process.html.
My Assignment Help (2021) Project Management Life Cycle, Risks, Quality, Ethics, And Closing Phase Are Crucial Aspects Of The Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/infs2848-information-system-project-management/project-process.html
[Accessed 04 December 2023].
My Assignment Help. 'Project Management Life Cycle, Risks, Quality, Ethics, And Closing Phase Are Crucial Aspects Of The Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2021) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/infs2848-information-system-project-management/project-process.html> accessed 04 December 2023.
My Assignment Help. Project Management Life Cycle, Risks, Quality, Ethics, And Closing Phase Are Crucial Aspects Of The Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2021 [cited 04 December 2023]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/infs2848-information-system-project-management/project-process.html.