Project management processes are categorised into 5 process groups of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. An audit process should look at all process groups in a project.
- Suppose that you are working as a project management expert in an organisation that delivers projects. You have been tasked to carry out an audit of the projectmanagement processes and practice in your organisation.
- Develop a checklist for each process group to be used for the audit of the project management practice in your company.
- Develop a template for non-conformance report.
- Task: The tools developed in the previous stage are used in an example in this step.
- Identify and briefly introduce a sample project. You may use the project presented in your submission for assignment 1.
- Suppose the selected project is in progress.
- You are required to use the checklist developed for the monitoring and controlling processes for an audit of the relevant project management processes in this group. Present the completed checklist.
- Identify at least one non-conformance and complete a non-conformance report using the template developed in the previous step.
- Prepare a maximum one page long audit report. The report could have one or two appendices.
Refer to PMBOK edition for the list of project management knowledge areas. Select two knowledge areas other than time, cost and quality. Develop 5 metrics and the associated acceptance criteria for each knowledge area for assessment of the project management process in that area.