Discuss about the SWOT Analysis Of Etisalat telecommunication Company.
The concept of SWOT analysis in strategic management is one of the most essential concepts that allow an evaluation of an organization. The SWOT actually refers to the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats that are present within and outside the organization (Abraham 2013). SWOT effectively lists out the fields that have boosted the organization and the fields that need more improvement to enhance growth in the future. The chosen organization for the assignment is Etisalat, a telecommunication company of UAE.
Etisalat is an organization that is owned by the government of UAE and is popular for its telecommunication and data services in the country. The company is known popularly for introducing the correct services for the correct consumer base at the right moment. The market value of the company is around Dh81 billion and the revenue generated per year is at around Dh 32.9 billion (Etisalat.ae 2018). The SWOT of the organization is presented below-
- Etisalat owns the main hub in UAE for providing the various telecommunication services and corporate data.
- The brand presence for the company is strong.
- A total of 525 agreements were signed by the company for the purpose of roaming and hence allowing it to connect in 185 countries.
- A business driven company operating in various countries, hence the service quality may vary time to time.
- Management of the global operation.
- Improvement in the quality of customer services can benefit them a lot (Yu et al. 2013).
- The company should penetrate virgin markets and explore the areas to which it can expand the services.
- The customers should be regularly updated about the offers so that they are not kept backdated in context of the plans they are using.
- The threat from various companies is a massive challenge. Companies such as Du and Vodafone remain the biggest threat to Etisalat.
- The offers that are provided by other telephone companies can attract the customers and they can shift from Etisalat.
- The unique services that will come up in the market with new players in the telecom industry will pose threat to the consumer loyalty (Baker 2014).
Etisalat as a telecommunication service provider should look more into the demands of the consumer base (Hainmueller, Hiscox and Sequeira 2015). The demands should be met by announcing new offers from the company for the customers and this will in return attract new consumers who are using service from a different company. The global operations should be handed over to a team that specializes in the task and hence manages the overall operations sincerely (Heizer 2016).
To conclude, the SWOT analysis has pointed out the measures that should be taken for the organization to remain in the top position of the telecom industry. The company has a dominant brand image that will make things easier for them to implement, as the consumer base is already aware of the company and its services around the country.
Abraham, S., 2013. Will business model innovation replace strategic analysis?. Strategy & Leadership, 41(2), pp.31-38.
Baker, M.J., 2014. Marketing strategy and management. Palgrave Macmillan.
Etisalat.ae. 2018. Etisalat UAE | About Us. [online] Available at: https://www.etisalat.ae/en/about-us.jsp [Accessed 11 Feb. 2018].
Hainmueller, J., Hiscox, M.J. and Sequeira, S., 2015. Consumer demand for fair trade: Evidence from a multistore field experiment. Review of Economics and Statistics, 97(2), pp.242-256.
Heizer, J., 2016. Operations Management, 11/e. Pearson Education India.
Yu, W., Jacobs, M.A., Salisbury, W.D. and Enns, H., 2013. The effects of supply chain integration on customer satisfaction and financial performance: An organizational learning perspective. International Journal of Production Economics, 146(1), pp.346-358.