1.1 Select an industry and explain the relationship between economies of scale and scope, market structure and long-run equilibrium in that industry. Industries you may be familiar with include airlines, automobiles, entertainment, food delivery, AREITs, supermarkets, property developers, textbook publishers, professional software and social media.
1.2 There are three basic strategies. Using a well-known company as a current example, discuss the strategy that company is following in the context of the relevant industry and market.
2.1 A decision on market entry with a new product has to be made.
Sales Level Market A Market B Market C
Probability Units Probability Units Probability Units
Good 0.3 1,200,000 0.3 1,000,000 0.7 700,000
Poor 0.3 600,000 0.5 320,000 0.2 400,000
Fail 0.4 0 0.2 0 0.1 0
The entrant can only enter one of these three markets. Show how to determine which one to enter based on expected unit sales.
The cost of entering is $250,000. If the product sells for $10 and has unit costs of $5, what is the expected profit?
The entrant is uncertain about the price after entry, because profitability will depend on the reaction of the incumbent firm. If there is a 40% probability of the incumbent pricing low and a 60% chance of earning $5, what are the expected earnings from entry?
Draw the matrix form of this game and use the Prisoners’ Dilemma to show why the incumbent will decide to price low and earn $0 rather than price high and earn $5.
2.2 An auction has two bidders, each with a value of either $30 or $80, with both values equally probable. What reserve price should the auctioneer set, and what is the expected revenue from auctioning the item with and without a reserve price? Clearly show how this outcome is reached.
If each bidder has a value of either $60 or $80, what reserve price should the auctioneer set, and what is the expected revenue from auctioning the item with and without a reserve price?
Compare the outcome of an auction with 2 bidders with the same auction with three bidders. Each bidder has a value of either $16 or $20 for the item, and you attach probabilities to each value of 50%. What is the expected price? If two of the three bidders collude, what is the price?
3.1 Explain how the difference in outcomes between simultaneous and sequential games comes about. What effect does moving first have in a sequential game? Why?
3.2 What are hidden actions and hidden information? Why are they important and what might be some solutions? Give examples.
4.1 Incentive conflicts are found in many situations. Give two examples and explain how the conflicts can be managed.
4.2 Explain how cost and extent decisions affect the allocation of assets to higher value uses.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2020). Industry Economics. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/16072-industry-economics.
"Industry Economics." My Assignment Help, 2020, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/16072-industry-economics.
My Assignment Help (2020) Industry Economics [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/16072-industry-economics
[Accessed 22 September 2020].
My Assignment Help. 'Industry Economics' (My Assignment Help, 2020) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/16072-industry-economics> accessed 22 September 2020.
My Assignment Help. Industry Economics [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2020 [cited 22 September 2020]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/16072-industry-economics.
Our specially curated generators have been revolutionary in helping the students cite resources (books, online articles, journals, websites, etc.). All you have to do is visit our site and provide the details related to the resource. If you have Chicago referencing style requirements, Chicago reference generator will provide you with the final layout. Similarly, the Vancouver reference generator or Harvard reference generator will yield corresponding results. The reference generator related to APA is ideal for APA assignments. Thus, whatever be your referencing needs, our online citation generator tool is here to cover you.
Answer: Introduction The case study is prepared based on the dynamics of inflation, interest rate and monetary policy committee on United Kingdom. Monetary Policy Committee of Bank of England is responsible for designing monetary policy in the economy. The committee is ready to adjust the interest rate in line with fluctuation in the price level. In the phase of rising inflation, the committee raises interest rate while during a declini...Read More
Answer: 1 a). Monetary Policy Macroeconomic concept To control inflation Help an economy to grow b). Federal Reserve Monetary Policy Goal Maximum level of employment Moderate interest rate Stable price level Economic growth 2. Open market operations (OMO) under both expansionary and contractionary monetary policy The required-reserve ratio The discount rate To influence the inflation rate and unemployment rate Dire...Read More
Answer: Answer 1 a) d) The unemployment rate in the economy is greater than the natural rate of unemployment. This implies the economy is in recession. Answer 2 a) The current national unemployment rate in United States obtained from report published in fourth quarter of 2016 is 4.7 percent or 7.6 million. b) The unemployment rate of teenagers that is youth aged from 16 to 19 years is...Read More
Answer: Introduction: As of March 1, 2018 the effective exercise tax of 0.71046 per sticks of cigarette (ato.gov.au, 2018). Total tax paid on standard packet of 20 cigarette is (20*$0.71046) = $14.2092. The before tax price is ($30 - $14.2092) = $15.79. Excessive consumption of tobacco items causes severe health hazards adding to an increases in health expenditure. In order to reduce the consumption to tobacco products Australian governmen...Read More
Answers 1.“A long-term rise in capacity to supply increasingly diverse economic goods and it is based on advancing technology and the institutional and ideological adjustments.” Simon Kuznets Noble Prize in Economic Science 6 Aspects of Modern Economic Growth Quantitative Factors- 1.The rates of growth of per capita product. 2.The rate of rise in productivity. Structural Transformation- 3.The rat...Read More
Just share Requriment and get customize Solution.
Our writers make sure that all orders are submitted, prior to the deadline.
Using reliable plagiarism detection software, Turnitin.com.We only provide customized 100 percent original papers.
Feel free to contact our assignment writing services any time via phone, email or live chat.
Our writers can provide you professional writing assistance on any subject at any level.
Our best price guarantee ensures that the features we offer cannot be matched by any of the competitors.
Get all your documents checked for plagiarism or duplicacy with us.
Get different kinds of essays typed in minutes with clicks.
Calculate your semester grades and cumulative GPa with our GPA Calculator.
Balance any chemical equation in minutes just by entering the formula.
Calculate the number of words and number of pages of all your academic documents.
Our Mission Client Satisfaction
Thank you so much for the work done, it is good, will come again in the future for any law related work!
Thank you so much for your effort. It’s amazing job. I hope that I have other assignments ASAP to let you handle it.
I’m happy with the work that was done as I’m not good at what’s requested of me . The work is done by capable people who have been doing this for along time, I’m new to this way of writing and realized I’m not good at this way of writing.
Nobody ever response in live chat pls improve your services . I asked for a reading paper without references which was not at all same what I asked for.