Discuss about the Collin Car Parking System.
Considering the recent scenario of the global cities it can be said that an organized parking system is the need of the hour. Unauthorized parking in the every hook and corner creates inconvenience for the travelers. Considering the case study of the Collin’s car park system it can be seen that the main requirements of the system is developing an innovative car parking model that could address the existing problems. The main business requirements of the Collin’s car parking model are easy customer registrations, creating a portal of online ticket booking, installation of the ticket checking system, system for ticket generation, stringent security measures both for the vehicles of the customers as well as ensuring security for the customer credentials. Ensuring customer satisfaction by creating a portal for customer feedback is also one of the requirements for the Collin’s car parking business (Lee & Lee, 2014). Apart from this, the other business requirements involve reaching out to maximum number of customers and extending its business worldwide.
Most of the existing car parking models are time consuming considering the mode of payment, ticket checking or ticket generation. Collin’s car parking model offers much improvised solution to these problems. It provides automatic access to the parking area. The affixed ticket holders just have to insert their tickets in the slot installed in the control pillar and the other customers are required to press the button on the control pillar which produces a print out of the ticket. Although all these factors are instrumental in attracting more customers but upgrading the model to a digital system where customer can check availability of the car parking spots online are some of the innovation that the customers expects.
The Collin’s car parking model provides a structured solution for their customers. The regular customers of the Collin’s can book their spaces in advance for months or weeks. Their fixed customers are given an affixed ticket bearing their details, each time the customer have to park the vehicle he/she is required to scan the ticket before entry thus enabling easy access to the car park. Other than this Collins’s aspires to extend its operating centers thus reaching out to more number of people. Keeping all these factors in mind, it can be said that the Collin’s car parking system can attract more customers compared to the other prevailing models in the market (Attias, 2017).
The Collins’ aims to implement a completely digitalized system by incorporating RFID technology which in turn will ensure more efficient utilization of the parking spots also it will enable the user to check the available spaces from the mobile applications. The Collins’ can further extend its service by launching the mobile applications to other platforms such as web applications and windows phone (Zheng, Rajasegarar & Leckie, 2015). Other business scopes of Collins car parking is installation of the automatic security system for the Collin’s car park.
The system capabilities of the Collin’s car parking can also be summarized as the following points:
- Customer can access the Collins’ service online with the help of mobile applications.
- Provides different schemes for the regular and the normal customers.
- Strict monitoring of the security system, which in turn increases customer satisfaction (Patil & Bhonge, 2013).
- The Collins’ car parking aims to extend its car parks in remote locations as well.
- Provides various options for payment and booking modes. The customer can choose the mode of payment as per his/her convenience.
- Easy access and easy exit from the car park.
The following points draw a light on the benefits of the Collin’s car parking model:
- The Collins’ car parking provides different services for their regular and normal customers. The services offered to their regular customers is less time consuming. The Collins’ provides services of booking and ticket generation in much simpler manner compared to the other existing car parking business in the market. Such less time consuming services and simpler mode of obtaining these services is one the many advantages that the Collin’s car parking business provides.
- Constant security monitoring of the Collins’ is one of the major advantages that the Collins’ provide. The stringent security measures of the Collins’ car park give extra assurance to their customers regarding the safeguarding of their vehicles. The system assures regular monitoring of the security guards duty. The duration and number of times the security guards visits the car parks are marked regularly.
- The system installed in each of the Collin’s car park is easier to understand. Thus making the services simpler and reaching out to more categories of customers. The operations required to be performed while entering and exiting the car park is easier to understand to people of all age groups and categories.
- The system installed in the control pillar of each of the car parks is regularly monitored thus making the system less prone to corrupt in the busy hours of the day. The Collins’ are also planning to make innovation in its existing system.
- Different mode of payments for the booking purpose also made the service more accessible to the users. The costs of the services are also economical compared to the other available services in the market. The customers can book the service as per their requirements.
- The Collins’ also tends to extend its services in the android as well as website applications which will lead to more easier access to their customers. Such mobile applications will allow the customer to avail the Collins’ services online with the help of their smart phones and laptops.
The following are the list of the resources that the Collins will require in order to run its business:
- Infrastructure for the setting up the business.
- Sufficient spaces for increasing their operating centers.
- A software maintenance team who would monitor and regulate the software regularly.
- Business development team.
- Business administrative and a management team.
- A marketing team who would look after the advertisement of the Collin’s car parking and would review the customer’s feedback.
- A quality assurance team who would check the quality of the raw materials before installation of the system in the car parking plot.
- A risk management team.
- Accounts department who would look after the financial status of the business.
A sudden natural calamity such as earthquake, storms can be a set-back for the Collin’s car parking business as this may destruct the car parking properties. Other risks that the Collin’s business is exposed to are the shortage of car parking spaces compared to that of the customer demands; this in turn can create a negative impact on the customers (Barone et al., 2013). Apart from these, hike in prices of the land where the Collins’ intend to set up its operating centre is also one of the risks that the Collins’ might face and risks related to security of the customer’s vehicles and credentials are some of the major risk that the Collin’s car parking business is exposed to (Rusmin, Osmond & Syaichu-Rohman, 2013).
As the Collins’ tends to implement an automatic car parking model, there might rise situations where the system fails in the busy hours of the day. The Collin’s car parking system does not make much difference for their ordinary customers. The other car parking system available in the market also provides almost same service as that of the Collins’ to their ordinary customers. Other limitations of the Collins’ can be unavailability of the parking spaces in busy hours (Kaur & Singh, 2013). Apart from these Collins’ does not provide parking facilities for public transport system it only provides services for the private vehicles.
Aalsalem, M. Y., Khan, W. Z., & Dhabbah, K. M. (2015, July). An automated vehicle parking monitoring and management system using ANPR cameras. In Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), 2015 17th International Conference on(pp. 706-710). IEEE.
Attias, D. (2017). The Autonomous Car, a Disruptive Business Model?. In The Automobile Revolution (pp. 99-113). Springer, Cham.
Barone, R. E., Giuffrè, T., Siniscalchi, S. M., Morgano, M. A., & Tesoriere, G. (2013). Architecture for parking management in smart cities. IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 8(5), 445-452.
Budd, L., Ison, S., & Budd, T. (2013). An empirical examination of the growing phenomenon of off-site residential car parking provision: The situation at UK airports. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 54, 26-34.
Kaur, R., & Singh, B. (2013). Design and implementation of car parking system on fpga. arXiv preprint arXiv:1307.3051.
Lee, J., & Lee, H. (2014). Developing and validating a citizen-centric typology for smart city services. Government Information Quarterly, 31, S93-S105.
Ma, T., & Mohammed, O. A. (2014). Optimal charging of plug-in electric vehicles for a car-park infrastructure. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 50(4), 2323-2330.
Patil, M., & Bhonge, V. N. (2013). Wireless sensor network and RFID for smart parking system. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 3(4), 188-192.
Rusmin, P. H., Osmond, A. B., & Syaichu-Rohman, A. (2013, August). Design and implementation of driver drowsiness detection system on digitalized driver system. In System Engineering and Technology (ICSET), 2013 IEEE 3rd International Conference on (pp. 375-380). IEEE.
Zheng, Y., Rajasegarar, S., & Leckie, C. (2015, April). Parking availability prediction for sensor-enabled car parks in smart cities. In Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP), 2015 IEEE Tenth International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2019). Collin Car Parking System: Easy Online Booking & Security Feature. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/collin-car-parking-system-vision.
"Collin Car Parking System: Easy Online Booking & Security Feature." My Assignment Help, 2019, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/collin-car-parking-system-vision.
My Assignment Help (2019) Collin Car Parking System: Easy Online Booking & Security Feature [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/collin-car-parking-system-vision
[Accessed 29 November 2023].
My Assignment Help. 'Collin Car Parking System: Easy Online Booking & Security Feature' (My Assignment Help, 2019) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/collin-car-parking-system-vision> accessed 29 November 2023.
My Assignment Help. Collin Car Parking System: Easy Online Booking & Security Feature [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2019 [cited 29 November 2023]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/collin-car-parking-system-vision.