Effective Communication in the Organization
Discuss about the Analyze And Develop The Communication Strategy Of The JKL Industry.
JKL industry is an Australian based organization, which sells small trucks, forklifts and spare parts to the industry. The company’s head office is in Sydney and has various branches in different parts of Australia. The human resource department of the company has introduced and revised various policies for the purpose of continuous development. The company has introduced of new workplace health and safety policy and procedure for the delivery department.
The aim of this report is to analyze and develop the communication strategy within the team members to satisfy the organizational need about the new and revised policies. The report will also analyze the communication and consultation issues as the role of the communication consultant of the JKL industry to provide the consultation on managing the communication and information flow within the organization.
Developing an effective communication strategy is important in an organization for maintaining the flow of the important information among the workers and the managers. It is important for maintaining connection between the employees within the organization for achieving the business goals (Argenti 2015). The Human Resource department of the JKL Industry has introduced the workplace health and safety policy in the organization for its continuous development.
Appendix 2: Communication Strategy
Communication Strategy for “JKL Industry” to implement “Workplace Health and Safety Policy and procedure for delivery departments”
- To creating awareness among the employees by sharing the important information about the workplace health and safety policy (Bovee, Thill and Raina 2016).
- However, if the leaders or mangers of the JKL Industry clearly communicate the workplace health and safety policy with the intention of protection from risks and hazards resulting from the work activity, it could create trust among the employees and that in a way help in achieving the business goal.
- The other communication objective includes influencing action (Argenti 2015). The employees with the clear understanding of the objectives work effectively to meet the organizational purpose as the leaders could influence on the employees by effective means of communication.
- The target audience of the communication strategy of the workplace health and safety policy includes senior management of the JKL Industry as the policy is bound to provide for all the members of the organization.
- The second type of audience is the different team leaders.
- Third type of the audience would be individual subordinated employees, new workers, transferred workers and promoted workers as well as the whole workforce who need to aware of the existing workplace health and safety policy (Bass and Dalal-Clayton 2012).
- The message of the communication should include the necessity or significance of the policy.
- The mangers need to communicate the reasons behind the communication and the important information about the workplace health and safety policy. The JKL Industry needs to implement the policy for bringing the effective change within the organization.
- The organization wants to protect the health and provide the safety measurement to its employees and all its members in the workplace from the risks and hazards producing from the activities of the work (Kniesner and Leeth 2012). The health and safety policy is a written statement that describes the organization’s commitment to the health and safety.
- It informs the employees about the organizational responsibilities about hoe to fit the employees in the overall management system. It also portrays the seriousness of the organization for its employees about the health and safety measurements.
- As the head office of the JKL Industry is situated in the different parts of Australia, the employees who are located outside of the Sydney office, the telecommunication is the appropriate medium for effective communication.
- The employees of the Sydney office could attain face-to-face meeting to know about the policy.
- To implement the effective communication strategy internet connection and human resource are the main two resources that would be required. For the external communication with the employees situated in the outside of the Sydney, internet is required for sending mails and important massages.
- Leaders with effective communication skills are another resource that is necessary for implementing the strategy.
- The responsible person above whom each massage is developed would be the leaders of the JKL Industry.
- The responsible person above whom each massage is developed would be the managers of the JKL industry based in Sydney.
The communication consultants of the JKL Industry have to engage to provide the consultation on controlling and managing the communication and the flow of the information within the organization (Bovee and Thill 2012). The consultants should ensure that the proposed advises is addressing the organizational goals and motivate the senior management team of the JKL Industry.
The consultants should engage with the top management to understand the employees’ needs. As the JKL Industry is related with high risks, the consultants should find out the risk areas and should assess the risks that could identify the necessity to employ the policy. It is important to involve the stuffs and acknowledge their day-to-day experience to understand the various needs of the implementation of the policy (Guffey and Loewy 2012). The methods could be by questionnaire surveys, face-to-face feedback and effective and open conference channels.
The consultants should employ various methods that would provide the opportunities to the employees to contribute to the issues related to the work role. The consultant should provide advices to the team leaders of the JKL Industry to communicate effectively to the team members about the requirement of the policy. The team leaders should know the problems faced by the team members while performing in their work role and inform it accordingly to the top management of the company (Kyndt and Baert 2013). The team leaders as well as the top management should be open listening the issues raised by the employees related to their work role.
Communication Strategy for JKL Industry
The consultation process should have an aim to create awareness among the employees about the implementation of the policy. However, the company should engage the employees in the consultation process and know how much beneficial the process is. To fulfill this purpose, the company should gather the feedback from the employees as the net outcome of the consultation process. The company could provide the feedback form to the employees that have set of questions, which could give the clear identification of the consultation process (Wiggins 2012). The managers could meet face-to-face with the employees to know about the effect of the consultation process. Other processes include e-mail, Facebook or online interaction, notice board, informal and formal meetings.
The issues that have been raised by the team members due to problems faced by the employees of the JKL Industry should resolved promptly. The consultants should employ some procedure by which these issues would be resolved quickly. The consultants should either take quick actions or incorporate process that would engage relevant personnel in the organization. The consultants should create awareness in the top management that they should be alert about the problems of the employees (Kyndt and Baert 2013). The employees should be the first priority for any organization as they are the assets, which deliver the business. However, the company should take quick actions that could resolve the employees’ issues.
Effective communication strategy is an important tool within an organization that has potential to resolve any problems in the organization. The effective communication strategy is applied in communicating the business goals and policies taken by the organization. The JKL Industry has employed this effective communication strategy to communicate the workplace health and safety policy to its employees. This policy is an important measurement to the success of the organization as this company is related to the risks and hazards. The company should implement it in definite way and for this purpose, effective communication strategy is important.
Argenti, P.A., 2015. Corporate communication. McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
Bass, S. and Dalal-Clayton, B., 2012. Sustainable development strategies: a resource book. Routledge.
Bovee, C.L. and Thill, J.V., 2012. Excellence in business communication. Pearson Higher Ed.
Bovee, C.L., Thill, J.V. and Raina, R.L., 2016. Business communication today. Pearson Education India.
Guffey, M.E. and Loewy, D., 2012. Essentials of business communication. Cengage Learning.
Kniesner, T.J. and Leeth, J.D., 2012. Simulating workplace safety policy (Vol. 6). Springer Science & Business Media.
Kyndt, E. and Baert, H., 2013. Antecedents of employees’ involvement in work-related learning: A systematic review. Review of Educational Research, 83(2), pp.273-313.
Wiggins, G., 2012. Seven keys to effective feedback. 2012, 70(1), pp.11-6.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2018). Communication Strategy For Workplace Health And Safety Policy Implementation In JKL Industry Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/communication-strategy-of-the-jkl-industry.
"Communication Strategy For Workplace Health And Safety Policy Implementation In JKL Industry Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2018, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/communication-strategy-of-the-jkl-industry.
My Assignment Help (2018) Communication Strategy For Workplace Health And Safety Policy Implementation In JKL Industry Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/communication-strategy-of-the-jkl-industry
[Accessed 09 December 2023].
My Assignment Help. 'Communication Strategy For Workplace Health And Safety Policy Implementation In JKL Industry Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2018) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/communication-strategy-of-the-jkl-industry> accessed 09 December 2023.
My Assignment Help. Communication Strategy For Workplace Health And Safety Policy Implementation In JKL Industry Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2018 [cited 09 December 2023]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/communication-strategy-of-the-jkl-industry.