Discuss about the Concept of quality management.
The concept of quality management is referred to a formalized mechanism that is documenting the process, methodologies and the obligations for the accomplishment of the quality standards and pre-determined objectives. The QMS (quality management system) aids the business entity in directing and coordinating the business practices for meeting the customers and the regulatory fulfillment. This mechanism also brings enhancement in the effectiveness and efficiency on a continuous basis of the operations executed within the organizational structure (Kotler, 2015). ISO 9001:2015, the international standard specifying requirements for quality management systems have been considered as one of the most prominent approaches for the quality management mechanism. In simple terms, quality management is the process that has been referred to the business approach or the process of balancing and maintaining the safe amount of quality in the products and services and this will offer the maximum level of satisfaction to the consumers. The concept is focused towards offering the customer with the best quality services to the consumers. The below-presented analysis has executed the concept of total quality management for Seven events is one of the leading brand names in the UK. The report has been demonstrated for developing awareness of the concept of quality management in the concerned industry.
Definitions of quality services
On the basis of the research executed by Kotler (2015), that the term service is an activity that can be offered by a party to another one and that is required to be intangible and cannot affect any ownership. The service offered may be related to the tangible or intangible product.
According to Wilson et al., (2016), it has been mentioned that service quality has been referred as the term that is a process of focused evaluation reflecting on the perception of the customer of the particular magnitudes of service. The dimensions are reliability, responsiveness, assurance, empathy, and tangibles etc. The assessments offered to the consumer's aid the business operators in the quick identification of the problems, bringing improvements in the quality of the service offered, and better assess clients expectations.
Maintaining quality and providing same to the consumers is one of the crucial and a significant task for any of the business entity. Quality of the products and the services offered to the consumers is one of the biggest factors that lead to the attainment of satisfaction. As mentioned in the present scenario, 7 events is an event management company and are offering services to the clients (Kerzner and Kerzner, 2017). The mission of the business entity is to motivate the workforce so as to find the best way for contributing and enhancing the events. Moreover, the business corporation can make use of various approaches for managing quality of the services offered by them. The below mentioned are the approaches that can be adopted by Seven events company for bringing improvements and enhancement in the quality:
Total Quality Management
Total quality management
Total quality management is the approach that has been made concerned for bringing improvements in the quality and performance that will fulfill or exceed the expectations of the customer. Seven events can make adoption of this approach by integrating all the quality related functions and methodologies throughout the business corporation (Hammoudeh, 2016). The concept of TQM oversees the overall quality measures that can be used by the business corporation and includes management of the quality, designing and developing, quality control and maintenance, improvement and quality assurance. All the quality measures are taken into account at all levels and that involves all the employees of the organization. The TQM process has been defined as the management of initiatives and methodologies that are made focused on attaining the delivery of quality products and services (Murray 2017). There are some principles of this approach that should be adhered by seven events for a successful implementation and working of the approach of TQM:
Executive management: The senior authorities or the top management should be held liable for acting the main drivers for TQM and also should be indulged in creating an environment brings success as outcomes.
Training: Training sessions should be organized for the workforce on regular basis regarding the concepts and methods of quality (Tarapiah, Aziz and Atalla, 2015).
Customer focus: Improvements and developments in the will bring enhancements in the level of customer satisfaction.
Decision making: Measurements should be the base of all the decisions taken for the quality of the services offered.
Methodologies and equipment: Making use of appropriate methods, procedures and tools will ensure minimization in an occurrence of incidents.
Company culture: The culture of the business organization should be so developed that it should improve and motivate the employees for working together and thus improving the quality.
Employee involvement: The workforce within the business corporation should be encouraged and motivated for addressing and identifying the issues related to the quality.
An approach that is concerned with monitoring and measuring the performance and effectiveness of the quality management system and also the overall quality of the products and services is termed as key performance indicators (Evolvedmedia 2018). The prime objective of implementing the KPI within the business enterprise is to measure the performance and quality of business objectives. KPI is a measurable value that is demonstrating the level of effectiveness through which the business firm is making accomplishments of the key business objectives. KPI’s can be used by the business organization at any level for evaluating the success and reaching targets. Moreover, there is some high-level KPI's that are focused on the overall performance of enterprise (Arora and Kaur, 2015). In the present scenario, seven events can make use of KPI for focusing on the quality processes and methodologies.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
On the basis of the above-executed analysis, it has been executed that seven events can make adoption of total quality management and KPI as approaches for managing the quality of services offered by the business entity (Kerzner, 2017). The below mentioned are the issues that can be faced by the business firm while making implementation of these approaches:
- Issues with TQM: Total quality management is the approach that is used by the business firm for improving the efficiency and quality of the production of the services. There are various elements that are considered as significant while making the successful implementation of TQM (Suleman and Gul, 2015). One of the biggest and the most effective factor for successful implementation of the TQM is effective leadership. And if the leadership is not effective and up to the mark then this can be counted as an issue while implementing the approach of quality management. The leader is held liable for leading and maintaining the quality of service provided by the teammates. They also provide guidance and try to manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the services to be delivered (Sallis, 2014). For instance, if the leaders in seven events are not motivating and effective with their working then the teammates will not perform their best and this will surely affect the quality of the of the services offered to the customers. The other most important factor that can be proven as an issue while implementing the quality management system is the resources, the level of satisfaction of employees, working environment, cooperation from subordinates etc. All the above-mentioned elements are proven very much essential for the business organization for delivering the set of quality services (Butler and Dobert, 2011). And if the business entity is lacking the stock of required resources then this can be considered as an issue that will rise at the time of implementation of TQM.
- Issues with KPI: The tools of KPI require pulling data from sources (Parmenter, 2015). The data in the business organization are generally stored in the storage tower and is also required to be retrieved from multiple sources. And this will also require the KPI system to make the involvement of IT systems and that will lead longer deadlines of the tasks and also the expenses incurred will be more (Evolvedmedia 2018). Consistency should be maintained while measuring the quality standards within the business corporation. The same items and same criteria should be used by the workforce while measuring the quality. This can also be considered as an issue if consistency is not maintained.
On the basis of the research executed by Sqss (2013), it has been identified that there is number of trends of a quality management system that will be proven beneficial to the business entities. The following are the trends that will aid seven events in managing the quality of the services offered to the clients. The system of quality management is all about the products and services offered by the business firm (Chang, 2016). Authors also observed that the concept of quality management has been proven as a critical element that is the contribution to the successful development and advancements of the innovations. And hence it is observed that this system is live in the roots of the organization and will be there for future. Authors are also describing that there will be an emergence of a trend towards profound knowledge and that will be a well-blended mixture of project and quality management principles.
The concept is concerned about a marketing term that means measuring the expectations of the customer that has been fulfilled by the products and services offered by the business firm (Stevenson and Sum, 2015). Customer satisfaction has been considered as one of the significant terms for any of the business organization as it provides metric through which the business entity can manage and bring advancements in the business. The below mentioned are the some of the reasons for the significance of the customer satisfaction:
- This has been considered as an indicator of re-purchase intentions and brand loyalty of the customer.
- It can also be termed as a point of differentiation.
- It brings minimization to customers agitate (Zaharias and Pappas, 2016)
- Also, an increase in the lifetime value to the customer is observed
- Retaining customers is proven cheaper as compared to acquiring new ones
And hence attaining a high level of customer satisfaction is one of the significant attributes for seven events in accomplishing pre-determined goals and targets.
Aspects of quality management practices
On the basis of the above-analyzed scenario it has been noted that the below mentioned are some of the prime aspects of the quality management practices that are found to be associated with the outcomes:
Ethics: This term means discipline for good and bad practices occurring in the business organization (Padhi 2018). It is a two-faceted aspect and is significant for the quality management system. Ethics are the code of conduct that is considered as the outlines for the employees for operating in the organization.
Issues Faced by Seven Events
Integrity: Implication of honesty, morals, values, and observance of the facts is integrity. Integrity is a must element for the system of quality management.
Trust: This term is a by-product of the concept of integrity and ethics and also an integral aspect of the quality management system (Kerzner and Kerzner, 2017). Trust is one of the significant concepts as it fosters the participation of the employees within the organization and also allows empowerment that encourages pride ownership and commitment.
Training: Training is very much significant for the employees as properly trained employees will be better in producing and operating the activities. This will automatically enhance the quality of the services (Dale, 2015). During the creation and formation of TQM, employees are trained so that they can become effective employees for the company.
Seven events can make use of various approaches for making a successful implementation of the system of quality management. The below presented is the 8 step process for implementing the effective quality management system in organizational structure:
- Identify the need for the change: The first factor or the initiative for which recommendation has been made for successfully implementing the system is identifying whether the workforce within the organization wants to make the change happen or not. The acceptance of this system will be based on the type of organization.
- Clarity over the mission and vision to the management and the workforce: This can be considered as one of the significant recommendations that will aid in the implementation of a quality system. Clarifying the mission and vision of the employees and management and also a proper medium of communication should be adopted for doing the same.
- Survey key targeted customers: One of the prime motives of developing TQM is offering customer satisfaction and hence it is very much essential to make survey the customers and various associated aspects.
- Identify critical success factors: CSF can be considered as the parameters for measuring set targets. These are the quantifiers that are required to be measured for the progress attained and these are the critical success factors.
- Map out major processes and sub-processes: The concept is process-based and it's a subject of continuous improvement. This system comprises of processes and sub processes.
- Train and re-train employees: Training sessions to the new candidates and re-training to the existing employees is an essential step as they are held liable and indulged in the process of managing all the operations and processes. And thus the successful implementation of quality management largely depends on this factor.
In the limelight of the above-executed analysis, it has been inferred quality management is the process of bringing improvement and advancements in the quality of the products and services of the business organization. The assessment is focused on seven events that are an event management company and the report comprise the description of the identification of the quality practices and operations adopted by the business entity. The overall concept is all about the quality management system for increasing the level of customer satisfaction. The assessment also comprises of the business practices and methodologies adopted by the seven events for improving the quality of the services.
Arora, A. and Kaur, S., 2015. Performance assessment model for management educators based on KRA/KPI. In International conference on technology and business management March (Vol. 23, p. 25).
Butler, G and Dobert, D, 2011, Implementing a successful quality management system, Assessed on 7th February 2018, https://www.pharmpro.com/article/2011/11/implementing-successful-quality-management-system.
Chang, J.F., 2016. Business process management systems: strategy and implementation. CRC Press.
Dale, B., 2015. Total quality management. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Evolvedmedia, 2018, 3 KPI challenges and how to overcome them, Assessed on 6th February 2018, https://www.evolvedmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/CITO-Research_Qlik_3-KPI-Challenges-and-How-to-Overcome-Them_White-Paper_2015.pdf.
Hammoudeh, M.M., 2016. Islamic values and management practices: Quality and transformation in the Arab world. Routledge.
Kerzner, H. and Kerzner, H.R., 2017. Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. John Wiley & Sons.
Kerzner, H. and Kerzner, H.R., 2017. Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling. John Wiley & Sons.
Kerzner, H., 2017. Project management metrics, KPIs, and dashboards: a guide to measuring and monitoring project performance. John Wiley & Sons.
Kotler, P., 2015. Framework for marketing management. Pearson Education India.
Murray, M, 2017, Total quality management (TQM) and quality improvement, Assessed on 6th February 2018, https://www.thebalance.com/total-quality-management-tqm-2221200.
Padhi, N, 2018, Eight elements of TQM, Assessed on 7th February 2018, https://www.isixsigma.com/methodology/total-quality-management-tqm/eight-elements-tqm/.
Parmenter, D., 2015. Key performance indicators: developing, implementing, and using winning KPIs. John Wiley & Sons.
Sallis, E., 2014. Total quality management in education. Routledge.
Sqss, 2013, Future trends in quality management, Assessed on February 2018, https://www.sqss.gr/el/new/98-future-trends-in-quality-management.
Stevenson, W.J. and Sum, C.C., 2015. Operations management. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
Suleman, Q. and Gul, R., 2015. Challenges to Successful Total Quality Management Implementation in Public Secondary Schools: A Case Study of Kohat District, Pakistan. Journal of Education and Practice, 6(15), pp.123-134.
Tarapiah, S., Aziz, K. and Atalla, S., 2015. Common radio resource management algorithms in heterogeneous wireless networks with kpi analysis. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Applications, 1(6), pp.53-58.
Wilson, A., Zeithaml, V., Bitner, M.J. and Gremler, D., 2016. Services marketing: Integrating customer focus across the firm. McGraw Hill.
Zaharias, P. and Pappas, C., 2016. Quality Management of Learning Management Systems: A User Experience Perspective. Current Issues in Emerging eLearning, 3(1), p.5.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2019). Quality Management And Total Quality Management Practices | Seven Events Case Study Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/concept-of-quality-management.
"Quality Management And Total Quality Management Practices | Seven Events Case Study Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2019, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/concept-of-quality-management.
My Assignment Help (2019) Quality Management And Total Quality Management Practices | Seven Events Case Study Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/concept-of-quality-management
[Accessed 02 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Quality Management And Total Quality Management Practices | Seven Events Case Study Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2019) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/concept-of-quality-management> accessed 02 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. Quality Management And Total Quality Management Practices | Seven Events Case Study Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2019 [cited 02 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/concept-of-quality-management.