Importance Of Job Analysis Of An Organization-
Critically discuss the importance of job analysis to organisational performance.
Job analysis is an important part for any of the organization. It is basically a first step towards a company startup or a clear vision will help to growth of both employee as well as the organization. Job analysis consists of many important points like bonding of an employee with the organization, working culture, behavior should be ethical and no unethical behavior will be their from either sides that is of employee or the organization. Job analysis is choosing the right employee for the right job in a right manner but at the same time with some relevant experience and education itself. Employee is an important part which makes an organization superior than other organizations. Good staff or people are the backbone of the company which provides working culture and motivational behavior. (Blogspot, 2012)
Job analysis is an important and crucial part for any of the organization as, it is basically a base building project which an organization has to do before starting their job profile recruitments for their vacant posts or positions. Job analysis basically consists of job duties and responsibilities every individual has to perform best to best with his responsibilities of that particular job or position. The best analysis for that specific job has to be done so that we can make the best out of it like job interviews, answers to the questionnaires an organization has setup that for the candidates. Job analysis has an important role at every step like at the time of recruitment and selection of the candidate, job profile and duties assigning to a candidate, compensation and salary part and most important the training and development session. It will helps to increase the individual as well as company’s growth and productivity. (Mayhew, 1995)
Job analysis includes basic five steps or it is a mixture of these five steps without no job analysis can be done for any of the organization.
- Selection and recruitment process job analysis helps to find out the exact candidate that is most suitable for the particular job profile according to his/her educational qualifications, experience in that particular field and the personal skills that may help throughout the job to increase personal and organization’s productivity and business.
- Performance analysis-: It helps to analyze the productivity and the performance of the particular candidate in his job or the work assigned to him. It also evaluate and calculate the performance according to which an employee can get better rewards and benefits, only on the criteria of overall great performance in a competition era.
- Training and development session is also very important as it helps to verify and calculate the training needed to the employees and what difficulties they can ignore or fight with that problems very easily. It is basically for actual output of an employee they have to perform in the market competition to prove themselves upto the mark and better than others.(Falermo Jr delos Reyes, 2013)
- Management of a compensation helps to compensate and calculate the exact salaries, perks, benefits or the incentives providing in a particular package for a particular job. After all, the package depends upon the position, job title, job responsibilities and duties for that particular job. A good package or according to the education and knowledge if the perks or salary is up to the mark then definitely employee will work with more motivation and involvement. An organization should make him/her feel like working in a family or he should feel like growing together then definitely it will help to get the maximum output for the organization itself. This all helps HR managers to decide the value or worth of an employee for that particular job.(gammon)
- Job designing and evaluation is also a major concern for completing job analysis as it helps to motivate the employees as well as balance the job responsibilities and duties or job work. If an employee is fully motivated with his job then definitely he/she will give the best efforts to fulfill their job responsibilities. Employee will be more loyal and honest with his/her job. Job should be design in such manner that an employee feel it easier and simpler and definitely if an employee feels that organization is also supporting for the job work then surely it will also helps to achieve the targets and increase the business and productivity for both individual as well as for the organization.(SHMA, 2013)
Sometime results encourage unethical behavior in the organization. There are several reasons for this unethical behavior as it always depends upon the work load and time limitations. Suppose if there is all people doing good in the organization and suddenly in some next work or job profile an employee is asked to perform his job work in some limited time or the work load is really unrealistic then definitely he/she will use some shortcuts to perform or complete that task. If an employee will use shortcuts or some other unethical ways to complete that task then surely there are chances of mistakes or disruption in that particular task assigned to him. (boes, 2015) There are several more reasons like upper management is sometimes lying to their bottom management that you will get these type of rewards or perks to perform this which is really unethical and an employee is acting fast to complete that particular task either right or wrong because employee is looking for the rewards and he/she don’t have to think about that task either it is up to the mark or not. Upper management sometimes put a huge pressure on an employee to complete the task, in that case definitely an employee had two choices either he/she should left the job or have to complete it by hook or crook either its right or wrong. This is basically leading to an unethical behavior which is always supported by the organization. It is also true that sometimes employee is also taking it for granted by coming late to office from their scheduled time or performing their job in a non systematic manner. Unethical behavior is generally started by the company because if an organization is strict in their rules and regulations and they should not compromise with the quality of course then no employee can take it for granted. (Schwartz, 2015)
Measuring Results And Behaviors
Basically there are three competencies in an ideal job analysis of an organization which shows clearly the indicator behavior and critical incidents which helps to measure the competency of each employee. Further, we can show it through the BARS ( Behaviorally anchored Rating Scale) (Volkema, 2017)
If the communication is not clear or the communication is weak then definitely the performance will be poor. If there is no direction then again there are chances of mistakes or the work will be more effective.
The upper management or the hr manager has some difficulty to convey the training or message or the direction in which the work should be done is unclear. The vision is not clear and thus the target can’t be achieved as target is unknown or not displayed well.
Average Communication is very crystal clear and easy to understand but there is some lack of training like on the job training or Performance practical training in the job which will help to be more confidentAbout the job.The hr manager displays high and well equipped Communication through which it will be easy to perform the Job High performance The upper manager shows the best use of commun ication Method and motivate others to perform in the best manner in anorganization itself for individual as well as organization
Employee development and organizational outcome has a strong link between itself as they both are dependent on each other. First of all employee development is very much important for an organization to survive. If an employee is a good learner and had received a great training then definitely he will become an asset to the company. He/she can perform his/her job or tasks in an ethical manner. Organization has to support their employees while handling any projects or tasks assigned to them. Organizational outcome can be positive only if the employees and an organization both working together or for a common task that is profits or productivity increment for the organization and for the individual career itself. Employee development is like training an employee to perform his/her tasks in an ethical manner so that it is profitable for both employee and for the organization. Organization is always seeking such employees who can make an organization profitable by performing their job and responsibilities in such a manner that organization would seek them as an asset for the company. It will help to increase the productivity for individual as well as for the organization. (jacobs, 2003) On, the other hand link between the employee development and the organizational outcome can be negative also as sometimes an organization is thinking that an employee is working for his own betterment or increments and perks, then definitely there will be no strong bond between the employee and the organization which results to poor performance of an employee or if an employee is working good then again company will not pay the actual perks or advantages to him/her. For better results and strong bond/ link between the employee and the organization both have to support and work together for the productivity and business of the organization by looking after each other as a family group. An employee is always profitable for the company if he has some quality support from the company like efficient training, knowledgeable data and clear vision to perform his/her targets. Thus, employee development is very much essential for an organization to grow very fast and profitable. (Anlensinya, 2014)
Conclusion for this essay is very simple as we came to know about the good relationship between an employee and the organization. It depends upon both to make a strong bond between them. Organization helps to make a superior choice by choosing right employee for the right job and an employee helps to increase the productivity of himself as well as the organization to set new standards or targets for the company. (UKessay, 2015)
Anlensinya, A. (2014). Employee development. The Effect Of Employee Development On Performance Of Public Sector Organisations .
Blogspot. (2012). Introduction. Introduction to job analysis method.
boes, A. (2015). Measuring results and behaviors. Factors Influencing the Unethical Behavior of business people.
Falermo Jr delos Reyes. (2013). Importance of job analysis of an organization. Explain the importance of job analysis?.
gammon, A. (n.d.). Importance of job analysis of an organization. Is a job analysis really important ?.
jacobs, R. L. (2003). Employee development. Employee Development and Organizational Performance.
Mayhew, R. (1995). Importance of job analysis of an organiztion. The importance of job analysis.
Schwartz, A. (2015). Measuring results and behaviors. The 5 most common unethical behaviors in the workplace .
SHMA. (2013). Explain the importance of job analysis? Importance or uses or benefits of job analysis.
UKessay. (2015). Conclusion. Job Analysis Is A Important Function Of HR Commerce Essay .
Volkema, R. J. (2017). Measuring results and behaviors. Ethical Decision-Making: The Role of Self-Monitoring, Future .
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2019). Importance Of Job Analysis In Organisational Performance. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/importance-of-job-analysis-to-organisational-performance.
"Importance Of Job Analysis In Organisational Performance." My Assignment Help, 2019, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/importance-of-job-analysis-to-organisational-performance.
My Assignment Help (2019) Importance Of Job Analysis In Organisational Performance [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/importance-of-job-analysis-to-organisational-performance
[Accessed 22 February 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Importance Of Job Analysis In Organisational Performance' (My Assignment Help, 2019) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/importance-of-job-analysis-to-organisational-performance> accessed 22 February 2024.
My Assignment Help. Importance Of Job Analysis In Organisational Performance [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2019 [cited 22 February 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/importance-of-job-analysis-to-organisational-performance.