Identified Issues Affecting Employee Engagement
Cotton King is a fictitious Company that is responsible for the development of high-quality cotton garments that are affordable. These products are sourced from a series of strategic suppliers who tend to use organic raw materials for the development of trending products. These products are highly popular among the range of target customers and ensure high levels of satisfaction.
It is identified that the employees working in the company are not satisfied with the policies of the company and are not effectively engaged. This is responsible for developing issues that are critical and are responsible for affecting the performance of the company (Antony, 2018). The issues are mainly related to the ineffective working hours and specific collisions regarding the collaboration of various teams. These issues are responsible for affecting the working environment of the company and thus affecting the effectiveness of the organization.
Some of the significant risks that are related to the issue involve the following:
- The ineffective working hours of the company are responsible for affecting the experience of the employees. This is mainly due to the fact that the working hours of the company are not well-defined and most of the employees need to work for large durations of time to ensure completion of work (Mani, & Mishra, 2020).
- The collaboration level of the employees is also identified to be ineffective due to interpersonal issues. These issues are responsible for affecting the effective flow of information and thus developing risks regarding the efficiency of the work process.
It is identified that the problems affecting the experience of the employees are mainly due to the ineffective range of policies that are responsible for providing the directions regarding the working hours of the employees. Moreover, the policies of the company are also ineffective in regards to communication and collaboration as there are no policies regarding the arrangement of meetings or to ensure effective flow of information that can enhance the effective collaboration between the employees of the company (Lee, Rocco, & Shuck, 2020). Moreover, the organization is responsible for following a strict hierarchical structure where the employees are required to work under the instructions of the managers and are not allowed to ensure participation in actions of innovation and decision-making.
As per the analysis of the legal aspects the company must ensure effective declaration of strict working hours such that the employees are able to ensure proper balance of their personal and work life. Moreover, the salary provided by the company is significantly low which is not in accordance with the laws of the government (Aboramadan et al. 2019). The company is also responsible for affecting the laws related to labor rights by providing a significant range of directions to the employees who are responsible for affecting their mental health.
Fits with the problem
As per the analysis of the problem it is identified that a significant range of policies must be developed by the company such that identified range of issues can be effectively resolved. This involves the development of policy such that the working hours of the company can be effectively declared. The policy must also ensure effective declaration of arranging specific meetings at regular intervals such that proper flow of information can be effectively enhanced and levels of collaboration can be enhanced. The company must also ensure the enhancement of remuneration policy such that the experience and satisfaction of the employees can be enhanced.
Satisfies the problem
If a significant policy is developed for addressing the problem the experience and satisfaction of the employees will be effectively enhanced. It is also identified that the development of policy regarding the arrangement of strategic meetings will also help to ensure effective flow of information and also allow high levels of collaboration among the employees of various departments (Kerdpitak, & Jermsittiparsert, 2020). Moreover, the development of policies regarding the arrangement of meetings will also help the employees to participate in the activities of decision-making. This will also help to enhance the engagement of the employees in an effective manner and ensure the high performance of the whole organization.
The purpose of the policy will be to ensure that the experience and satisfaction of all the employees are effectively enhanced and these people tend to collaborate effectively to ensure the development of strategic and innovative ideas that are effective for the growth of the company. The policy must also ensure effective enhancement in the remuneration of the company.
The significant scopes of the policy developed by the company involve the following:
- Enhancement of policies regarding the declaration of work hours.
- Development of policies to ensure effective remuneration and compensation policies that abide by the legal aspects.
- Development of laws regarding the arrangement of strategic meetings among the various departments to ensure effective collaboration and flow of information.
- Ensure training of the leaders to enhance the style of leadership and allow the participation of workers in the acts of making decisions.
The significant policy elements of the new laws to be developed by the company involve the following:
- Introduction of policy to declare a specific range of working hours for the various departments of the employees
- Enhance the policy of remuneration and develop strategic laws to ensure advantages of increment opportunities (Arora, & Dhole, 2019)
- Development of rules regarding the arrangement of specific meetings at regular intervals such that effective flow of information can be enhanced
- Development of rules to introduce training regarding the enhancement of leadership style followed by the leaders of specific departments such that the employees can be motivated in an effective manner.
As per analysis, it is identified that the activity by the HR manager is highly critical to ensure effective implementation of the policy. The main responsibilities of the HR manager involve the following:
- To arrange a meeting with all the employees:This meeting must address the significant changes in the policy of the working hours that can ensure effective enhancement of their level of satisfaction. This meeting will also enable the employees to address the various issues that must also be resolved (Rai, & Maheshwari, 2020).
- To arrange a meeting with the managers:This meeting must involve effective direction to the managers regarding the arrangement of meetings that are essential for the enhancement in collaboration and the aspects regarding the flow of information.
- To develop training team:This training team will ensure that the leaders of the various departments are effectively trained to implement the aspects of transformational leadership and ensure effective enhancement of employee engagement (Abarantyne, Naidoo, & Rugimbana, 2019).
The consequences related to the non-compliance of the policy regarding the effective collaboration of the employees from various departments significantly involve the following:
- Development of collisions that can result in a reduction of effectiveness and performance. If the managers are responsible for enhancing these collisions without resolving the problems through a range of meetings, then these people will be replaced by a new manager (Tepayakul, & Rinthaisong, 2018). The manager responsible for collision will in turn pass to a training process such that effective training can be provided to these people for the resolution of collision factors and ensure proper collaboration.
In case of any clarification regarding the resolution of problems that are related to the implementation of the new policies, the employees must involve in communication with the HR manager (Sahni, 2019). This is because the HR manager is responsible for analyzing the policy being introduced and will also tend to ensure effective management of the policy. HR will also help to ensure that the employees are satisfied.
Abarantyne, I., Naidoo, V., & Rugimbana, R. (2019). The impact of psychological contracts on employee engagement at a university of technology. SA Journal of Human Resource Management, 17(1), 1-11.
Aboramadan, M., Albashiti, B., Alharazin, H., & Dahleez, K. A. (2019). Human resources management practices and organizational commitment in higher education: The mediating role of work engagement. International Journal of Educational Management.
Antony, M. R. (2018). Paradigm shift in employee engagement–A critical analysis on the drivers of employee engagement. International Journal of Information, Business and Management, 10(2), 32-46.
Arora, N., & Dhole, V. (2019). Generation Y: Perspective, engagement, expectations, preferences and satisfactions from workplace; a study conducted in Indian context. Benchmarking: An International Journal.
Kerdpitak, C., & Jermsittiparsert, K. (2020). The impact of human resource management practices on competitive advantage: Mediating role of employee engagement in Thailand. Systematic Reviews in Pharmacy, 11(1), 443-452.
Lee, J. Y., Rocco, T. S., & Shuck, B. (2020). What is a resource: Toward a taxonomy of resources for employee engagement. Human Resource Development Review, 19(1), 5-38.
Mani, S., & Mishra, M. (2020). Non-monetary levers to enhance employee engagement in organizations–“GREAT” model of motivation during the Covid-19 crisis. Strategic HR Review.
Rai, A., & Maheshwari, S. (2020). Exploring the mediating role of work engagement between the linkages of job characteristics with organizational engagement and job satisfaction. Management Research Review.
Sahni, J. (2019). Role Of Quality Of Work Life In Determining Employee Engagement And Organizational Commitment In Telecom Industry. International Journal For Quality Research, 13(2).
Tepayakul, R., & Rinthaisong, I. (2018). Job Satisfaction and Employee Engagement among Human Resources Staff of Thai Private Higher Education Institutions. International Journal of Behavioral Science, 13(2).
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2022). Effective Policies For Enhancing Employee Engagement At Cotton King, An Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/hrmt58815-human-resource-planning/hrm-in-the-apparel-industry-file-A1DDBB3.html.
"Effective Policies For Enhancing Employee Engagement At Cotton King, An Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2022, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/hrmt58815-human-resource-planning/hrm-in-the-apparel-industry-file-A1DDBB3.html.
My Assignment Help (2022) Effective Policies For Enhancing Employee Engagement At Cotton King, An Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/hrmt58815-human-resource-planning/hrm-in-the-apparel-industry-file-A1DDBB3.html
[Accessed 25 February 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Effective Policies For Enhancing Employee Engagement At Cotton King, An Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2022) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/hrmt58815-human-resource-planning/hrm-in-the-apparel-industry-file-A1DDBB3.html> accessed 25 February 2024.
My Assignment Help. Effective Policies For Enhancing Employee Engagement At Cotton King, An Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2022 [cited 25 February 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/hrmt58815-human-resource-planning/hrm-in-the-apparel-industry-file-A1DDBB3.html.