Emerging Trends and Practices in the Arena
It is worth noting that King Edward VII College is one of the Registered Training Organizations that were formed in Australia in 2010. Located in Melbourne's core business centre, it has been in operation for more than five years and now has 500 students, 24 workers, and fourteen trainers. In the domains of business and management, it provides a comprehensive choice of courses, ranging from certificate II all the way up to a master's degree, to satisfy the demands of its students. This school is popular among students due to its reasonable pricing and creative teaching techniques, as well as its highly trained teachers and state-of-the-art facilities. Aside from that, the institution aims to establish two more campuses in Brisbane and Sydney, which will open in January 2018 and the middle of 2018. This approach has been in existence for some time, but it has been largely neglected by the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer, respectively. According to the college's strategic goals, which include setting a national standard for vocational training and education, the institution plans to hire a receptionist, a student services officer, four trainers, and up to 50 students for each of the additional campuses.
- A high-quality system for customers and staff is the ultimate objective of this project.
- The objective is to be a leader who is successful, lucrative, and responsible.
- For the purpose of assisting our personnel and resources in expanding their capabilities.
It is one of the primary goals of King Edward VII College to assist people who want to enter or advance in the business and management fields, as well as those who want to improve their current abilities. The school also intends to take advantage of the growing demand for classroom and online education, which is expected to continue.In order to ensure that the college's human resource department is effective and efficient, the college should place a greater emphasis on the following trends and practises. The names of these are as follows:·
1. The college evaluates the cost, the value, and the quality of educational standards while maintaining a high level of excellence in all of these areas.
2. The learning and assessment resources available at the college are a plus. The facility also has a welcoming business culture, competitive pricing, and the flexibility to adapt to changing market conditions and situations as they arise.
3. The organization's strengths include effective and realistic legislation and processes, adequate financing resources for investments, and a thorough understanding of student demands, to name a few.
4. As a result of a high turnover of instructors, the King Edward College suffers from a lack of diversity in its workforce. Not taking advantage of technological developments, such as not utilising social media, the absence of a formal performance management system, a leadership vacuum, and the existing workforce's management capabilities, as well as the difficulty in locating experienced trainers and assessors are all examples of shortcomings. They are considered to be one of the organization's most significant vulnerabilities.
Out of concern for the danger, they see potential for growth in the opportunity to apply for government positions funding, expansion into new states and territories, and development into regions that are experiencing growth and opportunity in the digital arena. To name a few examples, online education and the use of new technologies such as social media are becoming increasingly popular.
The college will make modifications to accommodate these preferences. In addition to changes in industrial law, anticipated negative consequences of changes in government policy, a high degree of competition from supplementary training providers in relation to the target market, completion for unskilled personnel trainers, an elderly workforce, a struggle to accommodate client demand, and courses provided at a discount by adversary organisations all have an impact on students.
Staffing Options with their Positive and Negative Aspects
Seeing as how the institution does not have any established flexible working policies or procedures, the human resource department should work to achieve parity, opportunity, and diversity while also putting in place a fair and successful plan for flexible work arrangements. In addition, in order to maintain a positive work culture, the time limit for inducting new employees is recognised to be restricted during the early stages of work, and there is no follow-up after that point. The company may devise a follow-up approach that is performed on a regular basis, week after week, and at the very least maintains enough hours to span the period of the initial session to rectify this situation.
A solution may be developed by the organisation, which would include developing a follow-up procedure once a week and at the very least maintaining sufficient hours to span the whole induction period. Because the formal methods of job analysis and design have been shown to be informal, management may decide to adopt a Standard Operating Procedure and job obligations for the whole workforce as a result of this discovery.
A formal training system or ongoing development system is not in place at the college. This is something that can be addressed by sending staff to receive some valuable training, building skills and capacity of staff by providing training, or by hiring some experts and having them train their colleagues. Incentive and recognition programmes might be created in order to keep employees engaged and to encourage them to work hard.
To ensure that quality employees are hired and placed in appropriate positions, clearer techniques and processes can be implemented, such as establishing some sort of selection criteria that includes qualifications, experience and abilities. This will result in more qualified employees and the placement of the most qualified individual possible in the most appropriate position. Following the hiring process, management should have a robust and consistent strategy in place for employee retention and succession planning, which they do not have at the time due to lack of resources.
Do not have to worry about enhancing their retention prospects
Less cost in terms of handling them as they are not to be provided the benefits similar to that of full time employees
Questions in terms of loyalty
Can cost higher due to their rates
Can be less costly
Can bring a pool of fresh ideas and concepts towards the firm
They are well acquainted with technology
They lack experience therefore can be more susceptible to mistakes
Can be frequent job hoppers
Higher training costs
Improved pool of talent
Improved diversity in the workplace
Can be affected by language barriers
Can be much cheaper
Not feasible for non-virtual workspace
Issues concerning time zones may surface
Skills are made available to the organisation
Lack of loyalty and dedication towards the company
Can be expensive towards the organisation
As a consequence of changes in industry laws, the number of individuals working on campus will reduce, which will be obvious to students. Government policies and activities might have unintended implications for the country's population if they are not carefully considered. According to the circumstances, the King Edward VII College workforce will be affected in both good and bad ways as a result of these modifications. A negative influence on the institution may result from government policies that prohibit or discourage the construction of new buildings on campus, while a positive impact may result from policies that encourage the school to enrol as many students and workers as feasible. The anticipated global economic volatility may have a detrimental influence on the need for training on an even greater scale.
Each and every one of the following are essential ideas and management practises at King Edward VII Colleges:
- At all times, strive to achieve the greatest possible degree of quality in training and evaluation.
- Foster an atmosphere in which innovation is incorporated into every part of our company operations and processes.
- Help one another by taking excellent care of them and being nice to one another.
- Recognize and appreciate the value of differentiation and uniqueness.
- Integrity and fairness should be the trademarks of your actions and speech.
- Maintain an open and honest relationship with yourself as well as others, including family and friends, by making every effort to do so.
- Maintain a lifelong practise of constant learning throughout one's professional and personal life.
Although human resource management is founded on the aforementioned fundamental principles and ideas, the institution consistently fails to meet or exceed objectives across the board.
- All aspects of job analysis and design, as well as retention and succession planning, are carried out in an unstructured manner.
- This organisation does not have a structured training programme in place, nor does it have a system of continual improvement in place.
- In addition to the lack of follow-up, there are time limits for the introduction programme.
- Flexible working circumstances are not addressed in official plans or initiatives, and there are no institutional mechanisms in place to allow the establishment of flexible working conditions. Every employee will have equal access to the job market as well as to their individual places of work, and this is a given.
Modifications to Industry Standards as well as Changes to Legal Obligations
If the College is to achieve its stated philosophies and values, mission, vision, and strategic goals, the administration and the Human Resources officer must develop effective strategies and approaches to deal with each and every one of the issues listed above; otherwise, the College will fall short of its objectives.
The following are some probable strategy directions for the college's human resource management department, based on the information presented thus far: To be successful, every organisation must inspire and motivate its workers to work tirelessly and consistently, and it must also serve as an example for others to follow in order for them to succeed.
- Provide workers with short- and long-term training, as well as opportunities to participate in attachments that will help them enhance their professional and personal growth.
- Offering incentives and awards to your staff is a great way to convey to them how much you appreciate their efforts and achievements. A fair recruiting and selection procedure that takes aspects such as ethnic and gender diversity into account is required for equality in the workplace.
- Working in an atmosphere that allows for flexibility and adaptation is essential for creating a productive and pleasurable workplace. Employees' capacity to be flexible and adaptable should be supported across an organization's work environment and organisational culture. Establishing standard policies, processes, and norms is vital for ensuring that organisations run in an orderly and unencumbered manner, as well as for ensuring that employees are treated fairly. Work with others to plan, organise, and manage programmes and activities that will allow employees to socialise and relieve stress at the office, as well as develop and maintain a good work-life balance for the whole organisation. In order to successfully operate and manage an organisation, it is vital for a manager to hold strong leadership traits and abilities.
- Provide yourself and your colleagues with an openness to a varied variety of perspectives and ideas, and don't be hesitant to acknowledge and celebrate the differences that exist among your team members. It is not acceptable to discriminate against either men or women based on their gender identity or expression.
To ensure the successful implementation of human resources strategic plan programmes and practises, the following requirements must be met:
- Workforce members desiring to reap the benefits of blended learning must possess a thorough grasp of internet communication technology. Updates and changes to the website are being introduced on a continuous basis.
- Our top objective is the creation of software that will allow for the electronic storage of personnel data and operational information. Employees will benefit from the ease and accessibility of an online performance management system that is now being created exclusively for them.
- In order to give successful training, it is vital that all teachers have access to the technology that they need.
Subject: Attachment containing the briefing report
If you are reading this, I hope you are in good health. This email has an attachment referring to the briefing paper on human resources, which comprises a list of the inadequacies discovered as well as a few suggestions on how to remedy the situation in question. To this end, I expect to organise a meeting with you in the near future to go through the situation in further depth.
I'm looking forward to hearing back from you on the meeting's time, date, and place.
With best wishes,
Me: Hello sir. Wish you a very good morning
CEO: A very good morning to you too. I see that you called a meeting but I am not well aware of the matter that is to be discussed today.
Me: Yes sir, I understand. Please let me elaborate on the same.
CEO: Yes please. Go ahead!
Me: The organisation has been regarded as one of the most trusted RTO’s in the nation and has been progression with its various ideologies. But of late several drawbacks in the HR planning have been surfacing.
CEO: I had an idea about the same, but could you please shed some more light on the issues!
Me: Yes sir. There are several issues such as:
All aspects of job analysis and design, as well as retention and succession planning, are carried out in an unstructured manner. This organisation does not have a structured training programme in place, nor does it have a system of continual improvement in place. In addition to the lack of follow-up, there are time limits for the introduction programme. Flexible working circumstances are not addressed in official plans or initiatives, and there are no institutional mechanisms in place to allow the establishment of flexible working conditions. Also, there have been known to be a high turnover rates from the employees.
CEO and other members: Yes, these aspects seem like a major loophole in our organisation. Well we could implement measures concerning proper recruitment plan and workforce critera.
Member 2: Yes, we could also add in aspects concerning proper management of the workforce.
Me: Yes ma’am. But do you have any ideas concerning how that is to be achieved?
Member 2: Why don’t we implement a rewards and recognition programme?
CEO: A very good idea.
Me: yes indeed.
Member 3: We could also incorporate flexible work timings to meet the demands of the staff as well as provide training for them to hone their skills and stamp loyalty to the organisation.
CEO: A very viable solution indeed.
Me: Okay sir. The meeting has been very fruitful. I will ensure that these points are well followed in the HR plan. Thank you all for your valuable insight
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2022). King Edward VII College: Courses In Business And Management In Melbourne. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bsbhrm602-manage-human-resources-strategic-planning/developing-strategic-directions-file-A1E1A5B.html.
"King Edward VII College: Courses In Business And Management In Melbourne." My Assignment Help, 2022, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bsbhrm602-manage-human-resources-strategic-planning/developing-strategic-directions-file-A1E1A5B.html.
My Assignment Help (2022) King Edward VII College: Courses In Business And Management In Melbourne [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bsbhrm602-manage-human-resources-strategic-planning/developing-strategic-directions-file-A1E1A5B.html
[Accessed 03 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'King Edward VII College: Courses In Business And Management In Melbourne' (My Assignment Help, 2022) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bsbhrm602-manage-human-resources-strategic-planning/developing-strategic-directions-file-A1E1A5B.html> accessed 03 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. King Edward VII College: Courses In Business And Management In Melbourne [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2022 [cited 03 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/bsbhrm602-manage-human-resources-strategic-planning/developing-strategic-directions-file-A1E1A5B.html.