Select one education policy area, e.g. performance management, early childhood education policy and write a comparative analysis of two different countries, states or education settings. The essay should contain the following content.
- Present an overview of the concepts of ‘policy’ and ‘education policy’ in particular. Use relevant readings to further explain and illustrate these concepts.
- For the policy area that you have selected, an overview the origins of current policy in two different countries or education settings.
- Describe the background of the policy in each setting, the significant recent developments and its current content/status.
- Contrast and critically analyse the policy implementation that has occurred. This section will include a review of the literature concerned with the selected policy area and the two selected settings.
- Include a discussion of the possible future direction that this policy will take and justify your arguments.
- Draw conclusions about your findings.