Instructions: Go to the library and/or the virtual library and conduct some preliminary research for your final research report. Remember to search for academic/scholarly (peer reviewed) journal articles in the library’s databases. Ask a librarian (in person or through the chat ON feature on the library website) if you need help finding anything. Decide on your topic and what you will need to research and find at least three reliable sources you can use in your report. Then, fill out the form below
What research questions do you need to answer?
What research sources have you found so far?
How will you use each source in your report?
Scenarios: Pick ONE scenario listed below under the heading of your program, or you may choose one of the General Business scenarios. Note: You may tailor any of these topics to your specific program interest (e.g. Supply Chain Management).
- You work in the marketing department of a clothing and apparel company. Your supervisor is considering the idea of using social mediato advertise your products. She would like you to do some research and make 4-5 recommendations based on what experts in marketing have argued about successful social media advertising. Compose a report informing her of your findings.
- Your supervisor is considering a “guerrilla marketing” campaign for a new soft drink product account, but he isn’t quite sure if the concept would be effective. He has asked you to research this marketing practice and provide 4-5 recommendationsfor running a successful guerrilla marketing campaign. Make sure you explain what guerilla marketing is for your readers.
- You work for a mid-sized marketing firm, and one of your clients, a product specialist at an electronics design company, would like to start running focus groupsfor some of their products. She has asked you to compose a report explaining what focus groups are, what current research says about the effectiveness of focus groups, and to provide 4-5 recommendations when conducting your own focus group research.
- You have just been hired to work at a brand new sporting goods company. Your supervisor does not know what current practices in payroll accounting are and would like 4-5 recommendationsfor successfully managing payrolls based on the current research. Compose a report informing him or her of your findings.
- You work for a small accounting firm who provides services for other small businesses. A client of yours has been pleased with your accounting services. She is not very good with her own personal finances and would like to you explain to her the benefits of effective personal financing. She has asked you to provide 4-5 recommendationsfor personal financing, and to support your recommendations with current research. Submit to her your findings in a report.
- Your boss is interested in finding out how accounting practiceswill change in the near future. She would like you to conduct research to find out how current accounting procedures will evolve but also what completely new practices might emerge. Provide 4-5 recommendations for the accounting department at the firm in an informal report based on your findings.
- Your company is considering implementing orientation sessionsto help acclimatize new hires to your business. Your supervisor has asked you to consult current research on the topic and make some recommendations regarding how the sessions might operate most effectively. Compose a report informing your supervisor of your findings.
- Your supervisor has asked you to provide 4-5 recommendationsfor maintaining a positive relationship with your employees’ union. Conduct some research on the subject and compose a report.
- Your supervisor wants to know what common and important elements your company should consider when creating a disability and accessibility management program. What does the research recommend? Compose a report to present your findings.
- Your supervisor wants to know if there is a common framework for an effective diversity training Research the topic and provide your supervisor with a report in which you make 4-5 recommendationsfor a functional program.
Supply Chain Management
- Suggest a topic to me. This must be a topic you have not previously written on for any of your other courses, or will be considered plagiarised. You must get my approval on your suggested topic first or I will not mark it!
To accomplish your task, provide a informal report for your employer that provides your supervisor with clear results and provides your reasoning with the help of legitimate research.
Benefits of Social Media Advertising
I work for an apparel company whose supervisor is planning to use social media for advertising purpose. The purpose of this report is to provide my superior with 4 to 5 recommendations based on what experts in market have argued about successful social media advertising.
What research questions do you need to answer?
The research question that I need to answer includes how beneficial are the social media platforms for advertising as well as promotional purpose when it comes to business.
What research sources have you found so far?
In this era of technological advancement, a good number of organizations offers consumers advertisement massages based on their personal information. While this technique posses the potential to enhance the revenue of the company by enhancing the number of purchases, this method also poses a potential privacy concern. In the above mentioned article, the researcher has examined the influence of perceived advertisement relevance as well as privacy concern on social media advertises.
The above mentioned article has focused on the importance of social media advertising social media analytic techniques during advertising. The study includes primary data collection by students and it has been found that the students requires to be provided with advertising classes in order to provide them with better understanding of the role of secondary research and database analysis in developing consumer profiles and making campaign decisions.
The chief purpose of this study is to find out the degree to which social media marketing posses the potential to enhance the brand value of the organization. In this research paper, data has been collected from several organizations which use popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and others for social media advertising. According to researchers, only Facebook is found to be a strong predictor of high brand value.
How will you use each source in your report?
- The first report will be used by me in order to support perceived advertisement for enhancing the number of consumer. Considering the fact that perceived advertisement after gathering information from the social media platforms about the target consumers helps the management of the organizations to address the specify requirements of the consumers the management of organization should include this strategy of advertising and marketing.
- The second article has helped me to understand the importance of training and advertisement classes in order to enhance the knowledge and efficiency of the students in social media advertising.
- When it comes to the third article, it will help me to support the fact that social media advertising posses the potential to enhance the brand value of an organization. Considering the fact that a good number of consumers are present in the social media platforms, advertising through these platform posses enhances the awareness of the consumers about the brand.
Subject: Measurement of the efficiency of social media advertising for successful business venture
In today’s era of internet, usage of social media platform for advertising purpose can be considered as one of the most crucial methods to enhance the awareness of the consumers about new or small business ventures. Business organizations all over the world are using popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others in order to gain competitive advantages over their competitors.
One of the biggest concerns of the organizations when it comes to social media marketing is to locate who are the target consumers and what strategies should be considered in order to generate appropriate sales in terms of revenue.
What the Experts Say
According to a current survey, it has been found that more than 79.3 percent of the population across the world is present in popular social media platforms lie Facebook, instagram, LinkedIn and others. Thus advertising the brand or a certain product through social media platforms helps the management of the organization to avail a huge pool of consumers at one go.
The above displayed image demonstrate the tremendous usage of social media advertising as well as marketing for both product as well as services across the world in the year 2017. According to Jung, (2017), a good number of organizations are using social media platforms as the source of information about the target consumers’. This organization accesses the specific requirements of the consumers through social media platforms and sends personalized massages to the consumers. This technique has been found to enhance the amount of purchasing and consumer loyalty. However there prevails a concern of privacy of the consumers. Lou, (2017) state that social media advertising posses the potential to enhance the brand equity of the organization. This fact is especially true for newly found business ventures as well as small organizations which often remain unrecognized due to lack of popularity. Social media platforms provide these organizations with the opportunity to demonstrate the features of their brands to a huge pool of consumers. Not only that, the mentioned form of advertising is one of the most cost effective forms of advertising since very leas amount or even no initial investment is needed in order to advertise through social media platforms. According to Koch & Dikmen, (2015), amongst the total number of social media platforms used by the management of organizations for advertising purpose. Facebook can be considered to be the most effective one. Study has demonstrated that advertisement through Facebook has resulted in enhancement of brand equity. Either the impact of Facebook is sufficiently high, or it became so wide-spread that it essentially equals and mirrors some aspects of brand value. According to Lou, (2017), in order to gain success in social media marketing it is highly crucial for organizations to provide effective training to the employees so that they can efficiently communicate with the consumers.
From the research it can be clearly understood that social media advertising must be implemented be the mentioned organization in order to enhance both the awareness of the consumers about the brand as well as consumer base of the organization. Social media platforms provides the organization with huge pool of local as well as intr ational consumers who has the potential to become the consumer of the firm. In order to recognize the target consumers, the action that should be taken by the organizatio n is to interact regularly with the consumers and thus understand the specific requirements of them.
Secondly, social media advertising posses the potential to reduce the investment cost of the organization since it is a cheap as well as efficient form of marketing. Thirdly, in order to create an unique e an attractive campaign in the social media platforms so that the attention of the consumers can be obtained, the management must provide the employees with effective training.
From the above discussion it can be concluded that social media advertising will definitely be beneficial for the apparel firm. However the management should consider the following recommendation in order to gain success in the business venture.
- It is crucial to provide training to the employees so that they can develop uique and attractive contents for the advertisement.
- The management must invest on understanding the specific requirements of the consumers.
- Regular interaction with the consumers should be maintained in order to gain consumer loyalty.
- Since Facebook poses the highest potential to enhance the brand equity, the organization should use the mentioned platform for advertising.
Jung, A. R. (2017). The influence of perceived ad relevance on social media advertising: An empirical examination of a mediating role of privacy concern. Computers in Human Behavior, 70, 303-309.
Koch, S., & Dikmen, A. (2015). Does Successful Social Media Marketing Affect Brand Value?: An Empirical Investigation. Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations (JECO), 13(1), 15-26.
Lou, S. (2017). Applying Data Analytics to Social Media Advertising: A Twitter Advertising Campaign Case Study. Journal of Advertising Education, 21(1), 26-32.
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2020). Researching And Reporting On Benefits Of Social Media Advertising Essay.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/comm3020-professional-communication-4.
"Researching And Reporting On Benefits Of Social Media Advertising Essay.." My Assignment Help, 2020, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/comm3020-professional-communication-4.
My Assignment Help (2020) Researching And Reporting On Benefits Of Social Media Advertising Essay. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/comm3020-professional-communication-4
[Accessed 02 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Researching And Reporting On Benefits Of Social Media Advertising Essay.' (My Assignment Help, 2020) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/comm3020-professional-communication-4> accessed 02 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. Researching And Reporting On Benefits Of Social Media Advertising Essay. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2020 [cited 02 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/comm3020-professional-communication-4.