The Importance of Good Communication Skills and Effective Body Language for Idea Dissemination
Methods of receiving and responding
Factors influencing their response
In this method, the individuals display a competitive attitude to prove the other person wrong.
The individual's mentality can be a win/lose mentality which influences competitive behaviour.
In this method, the individuals find ways to agree to the idea and explore the idea with the individual who delivered the idea (Meier 2022).
The attitude of helping others portrayed by the individuals can influence the behaviour.
In this method, the individuals take an opposite position as a response to the idea.
Differences in values might lead a person to have an opposing attitude towards responding to ideas
The skills and attributes required in discussing and debating ideas are good communication skills, effective body language for non-verbal communication and immense confidence. Good communication will allow the individual to effectively convey his/her ideas. Effective body language and confidence also aids in conveying the ideas and debating effectively. Debate is a clash of opinions on a certain topic (Evanova et.al. 2020). Debating can be done through writing, giving a speech orally or with the help of a visual presentation.
At the time of presenting, an individual has to take certain risks while putting forward his/her ideas to an audience. The risk lies in the fact that the audience might have an opposing idea to the idea being presented. There can be a risk of the audience having a different mindset, and presenting any idea can be a risk. The idea that the speaker is trying to convey to the audience might be perceived in an entirely different approach, making the presentation meaningless. There may be a risk of not being able to engage the audience, and the speaker might make a fool of himself.
Story-telling has the potential to engage the audience and prevent them from feeling bored. It is an effective way to present ideas as the audience develops an interest and can relate to the story because they are paying attention to the story. Thus, story-telling works best in order to disseminate ideas in a public place ( Ken 2015).
Techniques of story-telling include making the story personal and adding a surprise element to the story that will intrigue the audience and engage them to listen to the idea attentively. Adding a personal element to the story makes it more relatable to the audience. A surprise element to the story will intrigue the audience and create suspense. As a result, the audience will pay more attention to the speaker and grasp the idea clearly.
It is essential to deal with the audience considering their dynamics and use certain techniques to pass on the idea to the audience. For instance, developing the content in order to get across the desired messages is important. Another factor to be kept in mind is the audience's age group and style of delivering the idea. If the audience consists of teenagers or young adults, visual presentations might be more effective as youngsters grasp images and graphics more easily and aid critical thinking (Onivehu and Ohawuiro 2018).
- The Go Green initiative is the undertaking of certain activities and practices by firms and companies that are environment-friendly and sustainable, along with taking responsible decisions that will help in the protection of the environment (Sharma 2020). Introducing sustainable practices like reducing waste will also reduce costs and increase sales.
- Some of the positions associated with the Go Green initiative are listed below.
- A substantiality officer who is in charge of substantiality activities of the institute. It is necessary to nurture sustainable ideas, supervise and make reports to keep a record of all the activities being undertaken to assess if they are sustainable.
- The head of the institution possesses the authority of approving the project. Changes in the rules and regulations to support the implementation of sustainable practices.
- The creator of the idea who creates the idea and aids to materialize the idea.
- Ways of communicating Go Green ideas
How it meets the needs of stakeholders
Internal communication of the initiative
To engage the employees who are internal stakeholders and ingrain the ideas of sustainability in them.
This will enhance the company culture, and the employees will be proud of the working environment.
External communication of the initiative.
To set the expectations high to business partners to give the idea of how the business is done.
This will create a good impression of the company and increase the partnership with various businesses.
How will this be used to engage and fascinate
A visual presentation about the advantages of the initiative.
This will attract the audience to clearly grasp the advantages of implementing sustainable activities.
Conducting a session that will present the ideas in the form of a story.
This will engage the audience and encourage them to follow the idea and incorporate those activities into their lives.
Key skills required to communicate the idea are straight-talking and body language. The conversation is an effective way to get the ideas through the audiences and allows them to express their point of view. Body language and non-verbal communication help the speaker connect with the audience without speaking (Jouany and Martic 2022).
- Digital tools act as a medium of storing information and connecting with the right audience. The customer is engaged at every step of the purchase, and the data stored provide accurate calculations.
The speaker will demonstrate communication skills, effective body language included in non-verbal communication, and confidence while delivering the idea. The speaker will start the demonstration with the impact on the environment caused by harmful human activities. The speaker will also present a story to make the demonstration more intriguing and engage the audience. The speaker can put forward questions to the audience and get to know their opinions on the matter. A debate can be organized involving the audience. The speaker can incorporate the opinions presented by the audience and deliver the ideas more effectively.
- First of all, it is important to assess and take note of the areas that need to be funded, and money should be spent where it can achieve the most of a goal that needs to be achieved (Rubin 2015). This implies that an evaluation should be carried out about which project has more importance, and funds should be allocated to that project which is a top priority.
- It is important to agree on organizational priorities before the allocation of a budget as it will give the organization an idea about the future allocation of resources and funds and evaluate which project the fund should be allocated to. An organization has a set of projects with different priority levels, and certain projects might not fetch fruitful returns. Therefore, it is necessary to set priorities and follow them. Examples of agreed priorities in budgets are
- Construction of a bridge over the river, which later proved to be an essential route for delivery vehicles to the firm,
- Installing computers in the department and installing internet connection in the office,
- Advertisement to promote a product to increase the sales of the said product.
Story-Telling as a Technique for Idea Dissemination
There are certain points that need to be stressed upon at the time of promoting awareness regarding budget control. The first point to be kept in mind is the income that is expected during the course of the budgetary period. During this period, strategies that have the potential to maximize the income will be formulated and implemented. The second point to be given importance to is the possibility of incurring overhead expenses. The strategies that will minimize the overhead expenses will be formulated and implemented when necessary. The third point to consider is the allocation of funding. While funding allocation, aspects need to be kept in mind, including the department that needs to be funded, particular events that need funding, funding for recruitment of employees and funding for advertising.
1) There are various ways an organization or a business firm keeps records of their financial allocation. Four ways for record-keeping of financial allocation that can be mentioned are a cash-flow statement, net-worth statement, income statement and tax returns. A cash-flow statement keeps a record of financial obligations and the time of the reception of the payments. A net-worth statement provides a picture of the prevailing financial condition of the business, which consists of assets and liabilities. The income statement is used to assess the returns on the operations undertaken. The changes in the amount that has been generated but not received and the amount that has been incurred but the payment has not been initiated is recorded in an income statement on an accrual basis. This way, an accurate record of the business's finances can be seen. A tax returns statement helps the organization's financial team create effective strategies for the growth of the business.
In order to file a net worth statement, assets and liabilities have to be recorded, and the type of ownership has to be mentioned. Ownership can be solely owned or jointly owned by an individual and his/her spouse or significant other.
- A business needs to keep these records to keep track of their financial expenditure and gains that will guide them to formulate strategies for future endeavours.
A financial commitment is a promise or pledge that is taken for the payment of money at a future date. The payment can be a long-term commitment or a one-off payment with respect to the situation. Financial commitments can have an expiration date or maybe ongoing with no specific termination date. Examples of financial commitments include rent, insurance and loan repayments. These are the payments that have to be paid in the future. An organization can get land on lease for which a payment has to be made monthly or yearly as rent. It is a fixed amount of payment that the organization has to make at a fixed date in the future. Similarly, loan repayments and insurance have to be paid for at a given date in the future.
- Deviations are events that are unplanned and evaluated to have the potential to impact the quality of a material or product the safety of the consumer, causing compliance to regulation. These events do not conform to the established regulatory filings and specifications that might affect the purity or safety of the products or its component. To investigate a deviation, the first step is to form an exact summary of the deviation. This will give the investigator an idea of the nature of the deviation and what might be the consequences of the deviation on the quality of the product. Another option that the investigator has is to conduct a root cause analysis of the deviation event (Soto 2020). The third option is the cause and effect analysis that is done with the help of a fishbone diagram. Possible causes for the occurrence of an event are investigated using this analysis.
- According to deviation management methods, the first step to managing a deviation includes the identification of the event. All the details regarding the occurrence of the event are supposed to be identified, and categorization is done. The event is categorized as minor, medium, major or critical based on the risk. The next method is to report the deviation. Otherwise, there will be no proof that the deviation has occurred. The third method is the investigation of the deviation, which can be done through various ways, and a clear idea about the event and its causes are recorded (Haham n.d.).
Senior management- A senior management is expected to have an idea about the previous budget formulations of the organization. Therefore, they can be advised to follow the previous budget outlines and evaluate the shortcomings of the earlier budgets. Any discrepancies in the previous budget will be kept in mind when formulating a budget at present, and improvements can be made keeping in mind the previous drawbacks.
Using Different Techniques for Different Audiences
The accounts department- The accounts department is in charge of all the financial statements of the organization. They can look into the past financial statements of the organization and evaluate the financial status of the organization. Accordingly, a budget will be formulated based on the financial statements and position of the organization on financial grounds.
The budget committee- The budget committee is responsible for drafting the annual budget for the organization. They can be advised to thoroughly go through the financial statements and consult with the accounts team before drafting a budget for the organization.
Two methods to investigate budget management include zero-based budgeting and activity-based budgeting. In zero-based budgeting, the budget is built from scratch and assumes that the budget for all the departments is zero. The managers are mandated to analyze every expense of the budget, and any unnecessary expenditure that is not essential to the organization is not considered. This type of budgeting suits best to address discretionary costs (Yvanovich 2019). In activity-based budgeting, the total cost of the anticipated level of activities is calculated. The identification and thorough scrutiny are carried out on all the listed activities that can drive costs. With the help of this analysis, efficient allocation of resources can be done to achieve the level of anticipated activities. Unlike zero-based budgeting, activity-based budgeting takes into account the efficiency of the activities to be undertaken.
There are advantages and disadvantages of budgeting approaches mentioned previously. In the case of zero-based budgeting, efficiency is increased as the budgeting method revolves around current needs and future objectives instead of the past results. Resource allocation is optimized as more critical issues that need to be funded are prioritized, and resources freed up from other activities are allocated to these critical issues. However, the procedure is time-consuming and requires a lot of human resources. Determining the budget for intangible outcomes like marketing and research becomes challenging under zero-based budgeting. In the case of activity-based budgeting, efficiency is enhanced as the organization can identify and close existing performance gaps and halt any opportunities that might arise in future. It also delivers the best strategies for cost containment, and any redundancy in the activities that are less valuable can be easily diagnosed and avoided. A disadvantage of activity-based budgeting is its focus on short term goals rather than long term goals. The colleagues can be informed about these pieces of information on the two approaches to ensure that appropriate measures can be taken
Customer experience is enhanced with the financial management approaches as every company gives importance to the consumers and strives to provide the best experience. Investment and budget are formed by the organizations keeping in mind the needs and demands of the customer. In the fast-moving world and the digital era, investment of financial resources in digitalization can improve customer experience. For instance, if the organization invests in e-commerce, it will benefit the customer as customers will have to spend less time and shop online rather than going to the store physically and searching for the products (Hoyer et.al., 2020). Another example can be allocating resources for the improvement in customer-care service, which will enable the customers to reach out to the organization readily in case of any discrepancy. The third example can be marketing through social media, which will send the notification to the targeted customers rapidly. The questions of the customers can be addressed and answered instantly (Ramanathan Subramanian and Parrott 2017).
The Role of Record-Keeping in Financial Management
The information present in the report includes data related to the expenditure of the organization in the past. This will give the organization an overview of the financial position at present and formulate strategies accordingly. The report also includes suggestions regarding budget formulation and certain activities that can be avoided to allocate funds efficiently. However, a forecast of the returns on the anticipated activities could have been presented with the help of a chart for better visualization. Along with the charts, the recommendations can be included in bullet form and making it more precise and to the point. This will aid the managers to get the idea clearly and act on them at the earliest.
A graph has been included, which shows the forecast of growth if the organization considers the suggested strategies. The strategies have been mentioned in bullet points and highlighted to attract the attention of the managers of the organization for better assessment.
In order to deliver a good presentation, reviewing the presentation is essential. There are three methods that can aid the presenter to evaluate the presentation to be given and work on the grounds that require improvements (Mayo 2018). The methods are
- Self-evaluation- This includes asking questions to self to better assess the presentation. Questions include the methods that could have been included to make the presentation better, how they think the presentation went, what was learnt from the experience after the presentation was delivered. Self-evaluation enables the presenter to realize the points if the improvement is required and work on them.
- Peer evaluation- Another way to evaluate presentations is to assess each other's presentations to get a better view of what an excellent presentation looks like. Candidates learn more from evaluating others' presentations and improving their own.
- Professional evaluation- Asking a professional to review the presentation prior to the actual presentation. The professional will give a written evaluation report that will help the candidate to make a better presentation if necessary.
The principles of effective communication are
- Clarity- The presenter should have clarity while communicating ideas. It should be kept in mind that the receiver is receiving the accurate idea that is being presented. It is essential to note that no crucial information is missing, and additional information is given to prevent questions from arising.
- Attention- Drawing the receiver's attention towards the message being presented makes the communication effective. Every individual is different and perceives information differently, and they might respond in a different way to the message.
- Feedback- Feedback from the receiver makes it easier for the presenter to understand whether the audience perceived the idea that was being portrayed.
- Informality- At times, a formal conversation might not aid to achieve the desired result. In such situations, informal communication may prove to be effective. This can help the management of an organization to learn about the reactions of the employees.
While delivering a presentation, it is important to follow the regulations and obligations of the organization that are legislative in nature. Certain comments or ideas that might be discriminatory can provoke the audience and have a negative impact. Thus, presentations should be anti-discriminatory. The pictures being used should not be illegal in any form and hurt the sentiments of the audience if the issues are sensitive. This can have an impact on the presentations as the presenter s required to formulate the ideas in the presentations by narrowing down points that are unbiased.
Presentation aids are methods to deliver ideas with the use of charts, graphs and visual representation other than the speech or a written form of the idea. These methods help the speaker to enhance the ideas that is being conveyed to the audience. These also enhance the memory and retention power of the audience and add variety to the speech. Some of the presentation aids include charts, graphs, pictures and maps (Shier 2020).
Charts can be used to deliver the idea. This is mainly a graphical representation of the idea being conveyed. A graph is a representation of a quantitative relationship in the form of a picture. Visual aids include the colour and font used in the presentation. These provide support, clarity and emphasis on the messages that are being conveyed. There are also audible aids, including audio speech or sound effects, that can bring depth to the presentation to clarify the idea.
- The topic chosen for the presentation is time management. The presentation documents the usefulness and advantages of time management and how crucial it is in an individual's daily life. It also includes strategies that can be implemented to manage time effectively. The presentation is intended to foster time management habits in people who struggle to manage their available time and do not receive the desired outcome in their daily lives, be it school-goers or working professionals.
- The target audience for the audience will be selected as per the topic selected for the presentation. The topic selected accrues to students and working professionals majorly as they struggle the most with time management. The location for the presentation can be arranged in an area that has schools and offices so that a large crowd can be gathered. Resources required to draft the presentations can be searched on the internet or books on time management.
- Presentations include information, analysis, explanation and persuasion. The presentation will be done to address the issues faced by people who fail in the effective management of time. Analyzing the audience is important, and presentations will not contain what the audience already knows. It will contain the strategies that are effective to manage time, including examples of successful people.
- There are four methods to deliver a presentation that are
- Manuscript- It contains the speech to be delivered and the presentation in written form. The speaker will read from the manuscript at the time of presentation. The speech in a manuscript is written word by word, which is useful if the speaker wants to be precise in delivering an idea.
- Memorization- It is the speech delivered by memorizing it beforehand. The speaker does not rely on notes and can speak by making eye contact with the audience. It gives the speaker freedom of movement and allows to precisely deliver the speech with the correct wording (Roberts 2018).
- Impromptu- In this method, the speaker creates a speech on the spot itself without any prior written form of the speech to be delivered. It allows the speaker to be spontaneous and gives the speaker to adapt to any context without any barrier.
- Extemporaneous- The speaker does not prepare the entire speech beforehand but prepares an outline of the speech with certain points highlighted that will be mentioned at the time of presentation. It is a combination of preparation and spontaneity (Boone n.d.).
- Pictures can be included, and audio aids such as the speech of an important influencer and charts can also be included to emphasize the needs of time management. Use of hands as a non-verbal gesture and speaking in a serious tone will help to deliver the message better.
- The brief of the presentation-
The main objective of the presentation is to talk about how important it is to manage time and be productive. The meaning of time management will be discussed, and effective strategies to manage time will be put forward to encourage the audience to follow them diligently. The conclusion of the presentation will contain a short narration of the speaker's experience and struggles with managing time and how effective strategies came to help.
- The speaker can ask for feedback from the audience to get a clear idea of the effectiveness of the presentation. The reaction of the audience and their engagement can prove that the topic was interesting.
3.2) The feedback has been addressed, and the presentation has been changed accordingly. Pictures of influential people have been inserted, along with their interview clips talking about the importance of time management. Tables and more images have been used to make the presentation look more appealing and engaging to the audience. The audience will be asked questions at the end of the presentation to engage them in conversation.
Boone, A., n.d. 4 Presentation Delivery Styles You’ll Want to Consider. [online] Ethos3.com. Available at: <https://ethos3.com/4-presentation-delivery-styles-youll-want-to-consider/> [Accessed 4 March 2022].
Hoyer, W.D., Kroschke, M., Schmitt, B., Kraume, K. and Shankar, V., 2020. Transforming the customer experience through new technologies. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 51, pp.57-71.
Ivanova, T., Gubanova, N., Shakirova, I. and Masitoh, F., 2020. Educational technology as one of the terms for enhancing public speaking skills. Universidad y Sociedad, 12(2), pp.154-159.
Jouany, V. and Martic, K., 2022. Top 5 Communication Skills and How to Improve Them. [online] Blog.smarp.com. Available at: <https://blog.smarp.com/top-5-communication-skills-and-how-to-improve-them> [Accessed 3 March 2022].
Kent, M.L., 2015. The power of story-telling in public relations: Introducing the 20 master plots. Public Relations Review, 41(4), pp.480-489.
Mayo, F., 2018. Use Clear Criteria and Methodologies When Evaluating PowerPoint Presentations. [online] Cafemeetingplace.com. Available at:
<https://cafemeetingplace.com/mayo-s-clinics/item/1816-use-clear-criteria-and-methodologies-when-evaluating-powerpoint-presentations> [Accessed 4 March 2022].
Meier, J., 2022. 4 Patterns that Help You Understand How People Respond (Compete, Collaborate, Polarize, or Go Meta). [online] Sourcesofinsight.com. Available at:
<https://sourcesofinsight.com/how-to-understand-the-way-people-respond/> [Accessed 2 March 2022].
Onivehu, A.O. and Ohawuiro, O.E., 2018. Effect of PowerPoint Presentation on Students' Cognitive Achievement in Geography. Romanian Review of Geographical Education, 7(1), pp.46-60.
Ramanathan, U., Subramanian, N. and Parrott, G., 2017. Role of social media in retail network operations and marketing to enhance customer satisfaction. International Journal of Operations & Production Management.
Roberts, C., 2018. [online] Theclassroom.com. Available at: <https://www.theclassroom.com/four-methods-delivering-oral-presentations-8321366.html> [Accessed 4 March 2022].
Rubin, I., 2015. Past and future budget classics: A research agenda. Public Administration Review, 75(1), pp.25-35.
Sharma, E., 2020. Green initiative and corporate sustainability a comparative study of selected public and private banks in Rajasthan.
Shier, M., 2020. 11.3 Presentation Aids. Student Success.
Soto, I., 2020. Investigation of Deviations: Why Are They So Painful?. [online] Ivtnetwork.com. Available at:
<https://www.ivtnetwork.com/article/investigation-deviations-why-are-they-so-painful> [Accessed 3 March 2022].
Yvanovich, R., 2019. 5 Most Common Budgeting Approaches and Their Pros & Cons. [online] Blog.trginternational.com. Available at: <https://blog.trginternational.com/what-are-the-most-common-approaches-to-budgeting> [Accessed 4 March 2022].
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
My Assignment Help. (2022). Skills And Techniques For Effective Communication And Idea Dissemination Are Crucial In Essay Writing.. Retrieved from https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/kii4002-negotiate-and-communicate-ideas/effective-body-language-communication-file-A1DB580.html.
"Skills And Techniques For Effective Communication And Idea Dissemination Are Crucial In Essay Writing.." My Assignment Help, 2022, https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/kii4002-negotiate-and-communicate-ideas/effective-body-language-communication-file-A1DB580.html.
My Assignment Help (2022) Skills And Techniques For Effective Communication And Idea Dissemination Are Crucial In Essay Writing. [Online]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/kii4002-negotiate-and-communicate-ideas/effective-body-language-communication-file-A1DB580.html
[Accessed 01 March 2024].
My Assignment Help. 'Skills And Techniques For Effective Communication And Idea Dissemination Are Crucial In Essay Writing.' (My Assignment Help, 2022) <https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/kii4002-negotiate-and-communicate-ideas/effective-body-language-communication-file-A1DB580.html> accessed 01 March 2024.
My Assignment Help. Skills And Techniques For Effective Communication And Idea Dissemination Are Crucial In Essay Writing. [Internet]. My Assignment Help. 2022 [cited 01 March 2024]. Available from: https://myassignmenthelp.com/free-samples/kii4002-negotiate-and-communicate-ideas/effective-body-language-communication-file-A1DB580.html.